or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4742

post #71116 of 94481
Jet's sexual confusion re nip piercings has officially confirmed my desire to get them. Thanks man.
post #71117 of 94481

I think everyone should calm down - this is a place to discuss fashion, thoughts and style - not to spread words of hate and cause arguments. 


Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views however when it comes to personally victimising one person you should consider thinking before you speak... or in this case type. 

post #71118 of 94481
WTF are you talking about?
post #71119 of 94481
I would only get them if I ever joined the triads.
post #71120 of 94481
if you're gonna do tattoos, do it right. never understood people that have little pictures of things in inconspicuous places. oh, and draw them yourself.
post #71121 of 94481
I disagree about what I am perceiving as you saying a tat should be somewhere noticeable. I have the opposite thought on it.

Agree that it should be something you design yourself. But that is not a hard and fast rule.

I'm friends with a guy who is a tattoo artist. I think its regulated in NY, no? Anyway was more so curious about it from an aesthetic perspective. I'm surprised its not a part of more peoples sense of outward display (interacting with their clothes).


Also, my glasses are awesome shah. Forum hate aside. biggrin.gif
post #71122 of 94481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

How many of you guys have tattoos or other body art/piercings etc?
Do you consider that part of how you express your sense of fashion, does it interact with it at all?

I have two piercings in each of my earlobes and considering some other ear piercings, but I'm not really into facial piercing or tattoos or anything like that. I think earrings are important to my style, though.
post #71123 of 94481
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Haven't ruled that out entirely, but in all likelihood I doubt I'd do it. ... (Click to show)
But after hockey season is over, I'm gonna take a look into getting me some nip piercings. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I'd get my nips pierced is that gay? (5)
Going to get a tattoo of my last name in my language's characters (red and yellow ink) across my back from shoulder to shoulder because the font is so sick (7).
Seriously though, I love being the only du in the gym without one. They're so commonplace in socal that like ff said I stand out more without one and let's be honest for most the intent is to stand out with zero sentiment.
The best though is in vegas at the pool when you take off your tank and you're one of the most swole/shredded fools...and you're not inked up. Love that because you're expected to be if you're in that kind of shape.

I used to have both ears gauged, eyebrow pierced and nips pierced. Now i have nothing. Much better without.

Also, I'm not super into tattoos anymore, never could find one I wanted forever. Artishard has some dope tattoos that he did draw himself.
post #71124 of 94481

nicetrybro's upcoming shop CSC.

 

buttero sneakers in horween cordovan.  

 

http://instagram.com/p/UOmIoUj47H/

 

 

nice, bro.

post #71125 of 94481
My thoughts on this is that you shouldn't pigeon-hole yourself into hiding it or making it huge. You need to consider the design and what is an appropriate scale and position. I don't want to sound pious, but a lot of tattoos today suck and it's because neither the artist nor the client have a good sense of these things.

Don't go to a friend to get tattooed b/c they are your friend. Pick an artist you respect and has shown skill through their work. I'm not talking about stuff where you go: 'oh that massive backpiece of a geometric skull mandala is cool'; more like they have shown versatility, good colour composition, ability to determine appropriate scale/placement, use of line weight, etc.

More advice: not everything translates well to a tattoo. This is also why many tattoos are shitty. ie: Do not get a portrait of your child's head.
post #71126 of 94481
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

if you're gonna do tattoos, do it right. never understood people that have little pictures of things in inconspicuous places. oh, and draw them yourself.

This, if you're going to go through the rigors of getting a tattoo, it should make some sort of visual statement. Should not be some small dot of ink on the backside of you knee or something.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No tattoos, used to have 4 piercings in my left ear though when I wanted to look like Great Teacher Onitzuka in high school (also why I started smoking in high school shog[1].gif )
post #71127 of 94481
I'm not considering getting a new tatoo, have had one for a few years now. Self designed and done by the artist. Thats how we became friends smile.gif

I guess it comes down to what tattoos mean to you. I've been interested in body art since I was a kid and actually etched some stuff into my shoulder. That was an interesting talk with the middle school counselors who thought I was suicidal. Who cuts their shoulder to die lol? But even now i don't regret the scar because its like a snapshot of where I was and how I thought.
post #71128 of 94481
Also, further thoughts:

I think it is difficult to discuss tattoos with people that do not have them already. Specifically regarding the notion that you would get tired of them. My oldest tattoos are <10 years old so take this with a grain of salt, but my own experience as well as that of others who I have discussed this with is that you kind of develop a blindness to your own tattoos. In the sense that you do not see them everyday as something separate from your own body. I guess its a kind of weird body dysmorphia. I would imagine that this is not the same if you are really, really unhappy with how a tattoo turned out.
post #71129 of 94481
have tattoo of my face on my face, but slightly off-center.
post #71130 of 94481
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

My thoughts on this is that you shouldn't pigeon-hole yourself into hiding it or making it huge. You need to consider the design and what is an appropriate scale and position. I don't want to sound pious, but a lot of tattoos today suck and it's because neither the artist nor the client have a good sense of these things.
Don't go to a friend to get tattooed b/c they are your friend. Pick an artist you respect and has shown skill through their work. I'm not talking about stuff where you go: 'oh that massive backpiece of a geometric skull mandala is cool'; more like they have shown versatility, good colour composition, ability to determine appropriate scale/placement, use of line weight, etc.
More advice: not everything translates well to a tattoo. This is also why many tattoos are shitty. ie: Do not get a portrait of your child's head.

Agreed. When I design them I like to start with the placement and then think about what will interact with the space in an interesting way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts