I picked a pair up from La Garconne sale a few weeks ago. The waist is TTS with slim thighs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4724post #70847 of 1090531/5/13 at 6:42pmpost #70848 of 1090531/5/13 at 6:49pmpost #70849 of 1090531/5/13 at 6:52pmpost #70850 of 1090531/5/13 at 6:56pmim thinking because while jh uses a lot of similar textures and treatments dude isnt afraid of color or experimenting with different styles
Dude can do this (i'd be very content to own that jacket if it fit me like it fits that model)
and still make something like this, that could be in any goth ninja's wardrobe
Edited by Benesyed - 1/5/13 at 7:06pmpost #70851 of 1090531/5/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by BB1
I still maintain it's likely that the out of character SW&D landing image was chosen due to commercial interests. To quote Hudder's founder....
In order to get large companies to advertise on a forum, you have to provide them with the demographics and image they're looking for. What is this commercially desirable image? To help us answer that question, take a look at the front page images on these mainstream SW&D retailer's web sites....
Why do all these marketers purposefully display the same "dandy" suited style that does not match that of their average customer? Without being able to explain precisely why, it is safe to assume it is done out of commercial interests. Even if Fok had no explicit commercial thought behind the image, he may have chosen it unconsciously because it makes the site look similar to other commercially successful SW&D businesses. We call this "relevance", that is trying to look cool and current by being exactly like everyone else.
Thus as inaccurate as the current image is, it is not totally out of place. Just try to imagine Unilever selling their products on a site displaying the SZ banner.
er... nice analysis, but probably completely offbase. Here is what happened. It's actually pretty prosaic, and honestly, in all the projects I've worked on, stuff usually works this way for the last minute details.
The Huddler sent us some douchey Diesel like images. I was like "Not on my watch, dudes. So I decided that we should do a collage, like we did for SF10. I asked Parker to mock something up. Parker was like "Um, bad idea. That would be too busy." Good point. Then he sent me a bunch of images. Some (2?) were vaguely goth ninja. I actually liked one of them. One of them was of a RRL Gambler jacket. There was a picture of a dude with jeans and boots, waist down. Then there was this.
I dismissed the RRL jacket and the jeans picture right away, since Denim is already in the subforum name, and I didn't want it to seem to denimcentric. One of the "darker" pictures was cool. I thought that this was cool too (In the original mockup, with had fewer stickies, you couldn't even see the tie, just the sleeve and the hat. I decided on this one because there was some color, and I didn't want the page to look too drab. Plus, I really like how saturated was the blue in the picture, and I thought that it complemented the colors of the page best.Quote:
Actually, a lot of Brits do a chisel toe - pretty classic, really. For example, the iconic Edward Green 888 last is a chisel toe. The Tricker's Ghillie boot for women (my wife has a pair) has a chisel toe. Those are the two that come immediately to mind. Girling&Gaziano does one as well.
Well, at the last FW Pitti, he told me he stopped doing WJK because he wanted to do something more casual and wearable and not "so ponderous". And when I pointed out some boots and mentioned that they really resembled the classic C.Diem shape, he laughed and told me that he actually had copied the old style completely, just ripped off his own shit, because he wanted to wear them. Then he added that the only difference was that these were made in Japan rather than Italy. And after a pause... "and they are yellow." He is a serious designer, no doubt. And he knows all about the difference concepts, etc... but at the end of the day, he realizes that clothes are for wearing, and really, for fun. And sometimes, you want to express yourself through clothes. And sometimes, that expressions is just plain "I'm having a good time here." Also, we both joked that I was probably a size 4, or even a 5, for most of his designs, and that he was decidedly a 5 "when they even fit me". Maybe when he was 16, he was moping around being all gothy. But it doesn''t seem the case now, either in his clothes (which have terrific treatments and are very well thought out, especially the outerwear), or his manner.post #70852 of 1090531/5/13 at 7:17pmpost #70853 of 1090531/5/13 at 7:55pmpost #70854 of 1090531/5/13 at 7:57pmpost #70855 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
Thanks for the honest explanation, although it sounds like I was not completely off base in suggesting that Huddler might want to suggest imagery. Can you share with us these Diesel-like images? I'd be curious to see them.Quote:
In my opinion this nicely sums up the difference between junhashimoto and wjk. Jun is like wjk, but with the serious/dark elements mostly removed and replaced with a more sporty aesthetic. In this sense it directionally represents the antithesis of SZ: less serious, less heavy, less dark, and less full of self importance.
Brad has expressed disapproval of the sportiness that continues to creep into Jun's collections, but I actually like it. While you can still construct a "goth ninja lite" style outfit using some of the pieces in his collections, the majority of his pieces are no longer like this. I can honestly see someone who wears stuff like Stephan Schneider or forum members such as Hendrix wearing his stuff.
Perhaps you could do a styleforum exclusive interview with him and post it to the forum?post #70856 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:18pmpost #70857 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:20pmpost #70858 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:46pmpost #70859 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:50pmpost #70860 of 1090531/5/13 at 8:53pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1654 Active Users (294 Members and 1360 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Longwing Blutcher in Cigar Shell Cordovan - 10D - UNWORN 7 minutes ago
- › Sizes 42S and 46R █ DROP MAR 25 █ NWT Canali and Corneliani for... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Fit Plaid Sport Coat - 38R 11 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...