Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Today at 9:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:43 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4723post #70831 of 1090541/5/13 at 4:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70832 of 1090541/5/13 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
It should be a generic pic like this (not this necessarily, but you get the idea).
Seriously, no. Also, I read a bit of that tumblr.Quote:
This, this I would seriously consider.post #70833 of 1090541/5/13 at 4:52pm
Sadly, the original is not my photograph, but taken by a man named Eliot Shepard
Apparently conceptual florists have all sorts of hobbies
What does the conceptual forest mean to you?
PS don't forget to update the subforum titles in the marketplacepost #70834 of 1090541/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #70835 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:10pm
lol. Okay, so, now that you've gotten the laughs out, someone give me something with some wit. Actually, you know what? I'll maybe take some pictures at the Jun Hashimoto booth next week. That guy has serious credibility, and he is a really nice dude (Downtown in SF now carries some of his stuff, though not the really good stuff), and his attitude towards "artisanal clothes" probably confound the shit out of people who are are all serious and dark and probably read Goethe to get their dark on. Or maybe I'll leave the picture as is, so that you guys can bitch and complain about me.post #70836 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:26pmpost #70837 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:32pmYeah, seriously, get anything goth ninja out of your system. While some of it is okay, and the leather treatments are really quite interesting, I've gotten pretty sick of that whole scene. It's just so boring. When your ability to be interesting is limited by the amount of navel-gazing you can do, you are probably going to be a seriously dull person. Of course, let's not put Yamamoto, Issey Miyake, Ann Demeulemeester, with those. I think that Ann actually explicitly disavows any association.post #70838 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, seriously, get anything goth ninja out of your system. While some of it is okay, and the leather treatments are really quite interesting, I've gotten pretty sick of that whole scene. It's just so boring. When your ability to be interesting is limited by the amount of navel-gazing you can do, you are probably going to be a seriously dull person. Of course, let's not put Yamamoto, Issey Miyake, Ann Demeulemeester, with those. I think that Ann actually explicitly disavows any association.
But I'm already halfway through the reddit guide!post #70839 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:37pmI still maintain it's likely that the out of character SW&D landing image was chosen due to commercial interests. To quote Hudder's founder....Quote:http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84922
From a business perspective, our partners have a professional sales team working with small/medium businesses for site sponsorships in addition to growing representation to large international brands. Major advertisers and agencies are getting more and more comfortable with social media and user generated content, so we’re ensuring that we’re part of that conversation. Our team’s expertise in this area recently landed me a seat on an 8-person Digital Strategy Board for Unilever, the 2nd largest advertiser in the world.
In order to get large companies to advertise on a forum, you have to provide them with the demographics and image they're looking for. What is this commercially desirable image? To help us answer that question, take a look at the front page images on these mainstream SW&D retailer's web sites....
Why do all these marketers purposefully display the same "dandy" suited style that does not match that of their average customer? Without being able to explain precisely why, it is safe to assume it is done out of commercial interests. Even if Fok had no explicit commercial thought behind the image, he may have chosen it unconsciously because it makes the site look similar to other commercially successful SW&D businesses. We call this "relevance", that is trying to look cool and current by being exactly like everyone else.
Thus as inaccurate as the current image is, it is not totally out of place. Just try to imagine Unilever selling their products on a site displaying the SZ banner.post #70840 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:38pmpost #70841 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:45pmpost #70842 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
lol. Okay, so, now that you've gotten the laughs out, someone give me something with some wit. Actually, you know what? I'll maybe take some pictures at the Jun Hashimoto booth next week. That guy has serious credibility, and he is a really nice dude (Downtown in SF now carries some of his stuff, though not the really good stuff), and his attitude towards "artisanal clothes" probably confound the shit out of people who are are all serious and dark and probably read Goethe to get their dark on. Or maybe I'll leave the picture as is, so that you guys can bitch and complain about me.
Do this. I like Jun Hashimoto but I'm not sure if BB1 will approve.post #70843 of 1090541/5/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
I wouldn't complain as he's currently one of my favorites. Although I really like the idea of seeing the banner change every month such that over time a wide array of SW&D styles are represented.post #70844 of 1090541/5/13 at 6:09pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 16 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 23 minutes ago
- › CTShirts - current quality and alternatives? 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...