or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4688

post #70306 of 101369
I like the Gitmans that I have, but i feel like I could find better or at least different. The huge collar and low armholes are sometimes annoying.

Fuck it, I just might give Brooklyn Tailors a try.
post #70307 of 101369
GITMAN I was all whats a guided by voices shirt
post #70308 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

I like the Gitmans that I have, but i feel like I could find better or at least different. The huge collar and low armholes are sometimes annoying.
Fuck it, I just might give Brooklyn Tailors a try.

I have a few Brooklyn Tailors shirts and they're pretty nice. Nice all around fit, good taper, no back poofing, high armholes, and ...... pretty short (sorry zissou).
post #70309 of 101369
Anyone know of some good blogs that focus on London fashion and street style? I'm going to be living there for a few months and don't want to stick out like a tourist.
post #70310 of 101369
What are some brands that make shirts with smaller than 30" lengths for hems? Most shirts I buy are fine in the chest, but too long in the hem... like 31/32" long. I know Schneider does 28-29" hems in larger sizes (perfect)... what are some others?
post #70311 of 101369
Mr. Porter has not yet shipped an order I placed on Dec. 21st; today I received an order I placed with Yoox on Dec. 22nd.

On an unrelated note, Brooks Bros Black Fleece 16-ply cashmere is exquisite, but somehow Thom Browne made his own eponymous line's thick-knit cashmere even more hedonistically plush.
post #70312 of 101369
moo pretty much most sw brands have 30 or under
post #70313 of 101369
Alexandre Plokhov is far from what is generally my aesthetic or within what I would venture to wear, but damn the cardigan/jacket knit from this season is pretty damn nice, perhaps even baller. Here is a link to Barney's crappy site which don't appear to be doing it justice. The runway pics I saw are sweet though: http://www.barneys.com/Alexandre-Plokhov-Basketweave-Double-Breasted-Cardigan/502167115,default,pd.html?cgid=SALEMENCLOTHES&index=41

Anyone handled this piece?
post #70314 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

What are some brands that make shirts with smaller than 30" lengths for hems? Most shirts I buy are fine in the chest, but too long in the hem... like 31/32" long. I know Schneider does 28-29" hems in larger sizes (perfect)... what are some others?

I think BoO, Ervell, JL, and WvG might all fit into this category.
post #70315 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Anyone know of some good blogs that focus on London fashion and street style? I'm going to be living there for a few months and don't want to stick out like a tourist.

watch geordie shore
post #70316 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

Alexandre Plokhov is far from what is generally my aesthetic or within what I would venture to wear, but damn the cardigan/jacket knit from this season is pretty damn nice, perhaps even baller. Here is a link to Barney's crappy site which don't appear to be doing it justice. The runway pics I saw are sweet though: http://www.barneys.com/Alexandre-Plokhov-Basketweave-Double-Breasted-Cardigan/502167115,default,pd.html?cgid=SALEMENCLOTHES&index=41

Anyone handled this piece?

I like hook & eyelet closures and I like textured knits, but that thing is still a disaster IMO, especially with the huge swathes of ribbed trim.

The Barneys photos are probably as good as it will ever look in daily wear, without meaning to excuse those awful pants.
post #70317 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Went to Lululemon to get a yoga mat (wound up getting the "un-mat," smash); the sales associate answering my questions about the different options couldn't take her eyes off the ToJ.
Is there any other article of clothing as single-handedly impressive as a good leather jacket?

I guess this counts as leather, but I think that my cloak shearling has, within about 3 months, surpassed every other item of clothing I own - or just about - in terms of compliments gathered from total strangers. Granted, it could be because I have worn it almost every day for the last three months, but still. People really, really want to touch it. I should write a contentedness post.
post #70318 of 101369
Just got my Butteros back from the cobbler. I had him put a stitch to attach the tongue to the body of the boot to prevent it from sliding over to the side. Very happy with the results.
post #70319 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

I like hook & eyelet closures and I like textured knits, but that thing is still a disaster IMO, especially with the huge swathes of ribbed trim.
The Barneys photos are probably as good as it will ever look in daily wear, without meaning to excuse those awful pants.

Eh. I think disaster might be an over-exaggeration, I think the runway pics show it well and Forward's shots are OK as well although I think the model is wearing a size too big. The ribbed trim at bottom of body is a tad more than I'd generally like to see though so I agree with that. I personally like the ribbed shawl detail. I owned a Geller knit that had something similar and liked the way it could be styled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Just got my Butteros back from the cobbler. I had him put a stitch to attach the tongue to the body of the boot to prevent it from sliding over to the side. Very happy with the results.

Nice. Which Buttero boot by chance? I was eying up the round toe derby's myself. Nice leather and fit on those in your opinion?
post #70320 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

What are some brands that make shirts with smaller than 30" lengths for hems? Most shirts I buy are fine in the chest, but too long in the hem... like 31/32" long. I know Schneider does 28-29" hems in larger sizes (perfect)... what are some others?

Oliver Spencer shirts are very short.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts