Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4670post #70036 of 10905312/23/12 at 4:51pmpost #70037 of 10905312/23/12 at 5:22pmQuote:
my sweatpants are also falling apart. however, all my other isaora gear (which I have quite a bit of) is exceptionally made and holding up well. does suck though. seems like their newer stuff is poorly constructed.post #70038 of 10905312/23/12 at 5:26pmQuote:what are thoseOriginally Posted by smashwindow
I know these look goofy, but its really nice having your pants stay in place. Also I think they hold up better than a jersey material after repeated washing and abuse, no pilling. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #70039 of 10905312/23/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by smashwindow
Lululemon mats are the best, forget mandukas. Especially if you sweat as much as I do, I can now focus on form and forget about my hands slipping, it has completely changed my practice. I prefer the inversion pants over the looser studio pants, their online store is always low on stock though, and sizing is a crap shoot, best to go to a retail location if you have one nearby.
slightly related: I wish Isaora wasn't so shoddily made, like VSLI my isaora sweats have been chucked after first pilling and then coming apart at the seams. Its pitiful that a company with such great designs can't follow through in the construction.
I like my Manduka, I sweat so much I have to use a mat anyways or I'm slip and slide all over the place.
Mostly the thickness is nice I can be on my knees and not get distracted by any pain.
Admittedly I'm pretty fat right now, haven't worked out or practiced on a mat in about 3 months.
I like icebreaker shorts for work outs, lots of run to move around and comfortable.post #70040 of 10905312/23/12 at 6:46pmpost #70041 of 10905312/23/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Suicmez, welcome to Toronto!
Lol, I had a similar experience:
Got myself some h&m
Saw too many Canadian geese walking around
1800 dollar overcoats and 300+ dollar knits at club Monaco.
It had me questioning who their clientele was and if people actually buy this stuff? I mean, right across from CM is holt renfrew so I'm sure if one wants to spend money they'll end up there.
Take us on Sf for example, if we want to buy something we'll check out the usual suspects (lncc,corner,porter...). Ms007 brought up the fact that we don't really bother exploring other designers and he's kinda right..
I think it's just the try hardness of everyone in the city (to be fair, I've always lived out in the country so I'm biased), but it just seems like everyone tries hard to look like a yuppie.
Lots of my friends work/live in Toronto, and I visit them a lot, but none seem to be like that.
Jet: yes, 339 for a cable cashmere sweater. 100$ more than in the states, couldn't believe it. I had just copped a Schneider Sisian earlier in the week for 250. So many J.Crew dads drooling over fair isles and chambray ties.
About why people spend so much at the mall: it's just easier and safe. On SF, we put in a lot of effort for our clothing: we research items, scour the Internet to find them in our size, and take a risk ordering things that we've never tried on. Most people just don't want to put in the effort. Fine with me, but laziness gets you ripped off.post #70042 of 10905312/23/12 at 7:50pmpost #70043 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:01pmpost #70044 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:18pm
lululemon inversion pants i.e. best yoga pants and they're great for climbing. My usual fit for cycling to and doing sports is hanes grey melange tee, those pants or my outlier climbers, old beater CPs, outlier vest and red beater beanie.
About the manduka, I had one for a while, gave it to an ex and she loves it, but I sweat like a pig iand the lulu mat has zero cushion but it is super sticky. I actually think this topic doesn't get the attention it deserves since I'm climbing, going to yoga or the gym every day, and I'm sure other are too.post #70045 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:19pm^^Don't worry big fella, no one's getting off on lululemon like people got their premature rocks off on hmmmm or what-have-you. Just want some breathable threads that show off my hockey thighs for when I go do yoga alongside the suburban moms over break. I'm sure you know how it is.
@smash, I would definitely love to find good, stylish yoga/athletic clothes too. If Gyakusou is a thing, I'm sure someone else is doing something similar for other athletic practices.post #70046 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:23pmpost #70047 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:56pmMy girlfriend got me a pair of nike running tights a couple of months ago and I have been living in those + isaora drop crotch shorts, plus nike vest, flyknits and cloak jacket. I should take a picture, it looks ridiculous.post #70048 of 10905312/23/12 at 8:56pmpost #70049 of 10905312/23/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
I've been mostly wearing loungewear lately too, since I don't have anywhere to go/school's out/it's cold and miserable outside.
It's weird to look homeless and also know that you're wearing $2,000+ worth of threads at the same timepost #70050 of 10905312/23/12 at 9:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by smashwindow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)lululemon inversion pants i.e. best yoga pants and they're great for climbing. My usual fit for cycling to and doing sports is hanes grey melange tee, those pants or my outlier climbers, old beater CPs, outlier vest and red beater beanie.
About the manduka, I had one for a while, gave it to an ex and she loves it, but I sweat like a pig iand the lulu mat has zero cushion but it is super sticky. I actually think this topic doesn't get the attention it deserves since I'm climbing, going to yoga or the gym every day, and I'm sure other are too.
Thanks, had been looking for something similar for a while
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › The Bespoke Shoes Thread 17 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 24 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 29 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 30 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...