Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/20/16 at 7:32am in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- In Passing: ChicagoLast edited: 2/11/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4667post #69991 of 10905412/22/12 at 9:48pmpost #69992 of 10905412/22/12 at 9:52pm
Buy something in a straight slimish cut then get them tailored, this is the only way I get jeans to fit right, best fitting jeans are a pair of samurai 710 xx which is a slim straight that I had tapered to a 7" hem from the knee down. Most tapered cuts they start to taper at the thigh, problem is thighs don't taper...Quote:Originally Posted by thewho13
The RRL Southwest wash is basically exactly what I want. Anything that is button-fly, slim/tapered, and of good quality will fit the bill (provided I can take advantage of sales prices). This is all kind of a shame since the bleaching actually turned out really fucking well.
Hopefully someone will want to buy my jeans.
Habitant, what kind of cut are teh 67s? I've really no knowledge of LVC.post #69993 of 10905412/22/12 at 9:55pm^ I've got a pair of grey J Brand "Kane" jeans I got for cheap on sale a year ago, gonna see if getting them tapered will make them worthwhile to keep around. If that works out well, then I'll just do the same with another pair of straight-ish jeans.post #69994 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:00pmpost #69995 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:13pm
YOU proxy??post #69996 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:13pm
I think the greatest thing dior homme did was keeping hem width constant across sizes, while the triple work may offer a small hem opening in small sizes <30 for us bigger folk they end up having 8"+ hem openingspost #69997 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:16pmpost #69998 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:21pmpost #69999 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #70000 of 10905412/22/12 at 10:58pmpost #70001 of 10905412/23/12 at 12:48amRe: the HM MMM's at the Eaton's centre...
I was just there tonight, and all they had were whites in size 40, 43, and 44 ~ 15 pairs total
Blacks in size 44 -which I bought ~ 7 pairs
There might have been one pair of size 40 black ones? But I might have mistaken those for white
Aside from that, I didn't see anything left there. Even one of the display boots (a 42) was missing its twin.
All the side zips there are 70% off 149.99 (works out to $50 CAD taxes in). Crazy cheap.
Other RFT: I was just passing through on the way home, and goddamn is Toronto ever up it's ass about Canada Goose. Seems like every winter there's just more people there wearing them. Indoors. When it's not even cold outside to begin with (it was -4 C at the lowest).
Walked in a J.Crew store for the first time. Every SA in there was like poorly dressed version of SF circa 2009. Cashmere sweaters retail for $339 (!)
What is wrong with this city?post #70002 of 10905412/23/12 at 1:00ampost #70003 of 10905412/23/12 at 1:09ampost #70004 of 10905412/23/12 at 1:33amI had a quasi Miran moment:
Was out at the spot, washing hands in the bathroom when I looked in the mirror and thought: have I achieved Styleforum next level? Then I discarded that thought like paper towel I dried my hands with.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)(10) but it was a pretty SF approved fitpost #70005 of 10905412/23/12 at 1:48amSuicmez, welcome to Toronto!
Lol, I had a similar experience:
Got myself some h&m
Saw too many Canadian geese walking around
1800 dollar overcoats and 300+ dollar knits at club Monaco.
It had me questioning who their clientele was and if people actually buy this stuff? I mean, right across from CM is holt renfrew so I'm sure if one wants to spend money they'll end up there.
Take us on Sf for example, if we want to buy something we'll check out the usual suspects (lncc,corner,porter...). Ms007 brought up the fact that we don't really bother exploring other designers and he's kinda right..
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
- › Alden x JCrew Longwings Tobacoo 11D 4 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Are these Church's Chetwynd Bookbinder Leather or Calf? 5 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Bodega - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Romano martegani shoes 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts