Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4652
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69767 of 10905412/20/12 at 1:45ampost #69768 of 10905412/20/12 at 2:00amhttp://www.luplo.com/?Obj=n43t5r31
Well I think A$AP Rocky listed just about every brand ever in this track: "fashion killa" prod. Hector Delgado. Pretty wide range of name dropping with everything from Ann D to Tom Ford etc. In terms of the actual beat, it feels like a sample but I can't put my finger on it.post #69769 of 10905412/20/12 at 6:59ampost #69770 of 10905412/20/12 at 7:30ampost #69771 of 10905412/20/12 at 7:59ampost #69772 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:03ampost #69773 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:03ampost #69774 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:31ampost #69775 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:37ampost #69776 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:42ampost #69777 of 10905412/20/12 at 8:42ampost #69778 of 10905412/20/12 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by BB1
SZ takes itself far too seriously.
I still remember the first time I ever visited that site and thinking how pretentious it seemed prior to reading even a single posting. Everything from the word "zeitgeist" to the hooded ninja graphic in the banner is just dripping with the fever of an angry young nihilistic male who is a social misfit, yet likes to imagine himself superior due to his supposed elevated appreciation for art, design, and culture.Quote:
It might not be a good reason, though. To be provocative, to be transgressive, for its own sale, at the end of 2012 would be stale and immature. That pretty much died on the vine in the early 90s, when I was in college. On the other hand, humor would be quite welcome. I'm not a fan of Rick Owen's, but on the other hand, I can really appreciate the deliberate joke that are his sneakers.
True humor is hard to come by, and I feel that of all the forums, we have a fair bit - especially from the crossposters like Parker, who love their clothes, but also understand and appreciate their own absurdity. It's like the moment when you engage in tough guy talk, and realize that you sound more like Dwight Shrute than anything else. No, not a "cool" funny guy on a cool show on an HBO show that is referenced by the pop culture "tastemakers" , or whatever. - Dwight Schrute, on the now cancelled Office, on NBC. To be able to regular have a laugh at your own bullshit is a sign of real self-awareness.post #69779 of 10905412/20/12 at 9:21am
I actually had a fun time writing that cover. It was my cut at aping Monocle. Plus, advertisers and casual readers like to see digests like that. I hope that you guys appreciated my melding upper middle class douchiness (because, honestly, who doesn't want to let out their inner asshole at least 10 minutes a day) and SF approved brands.post #69780 of 10905412/20/12 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Well I think A$AP Rocky listed just about every brand ever in this track: "fashion killa" prod. Hector Delgado. Pretty wide range of name dropping with everything from Ann D to Tom Ford etc. In terms of the actual beat, it feels like a sample but I can't put my finger on it.
Jesus christ, this isn't even a song, it's an utter moron's masturbatory shopping list.
Someone kill that creature.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 866 Active Users (121 Members and 745 Guests)
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 16 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 17 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 33 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...