Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4646post #69676 of 10905312/18/12 at 10:34pmAs a newbie, I'll just say that I don't post stuff because I run between maybe 5 outfits total- post burning XXL shirts I haven't had much time to buy much of anything. My posts are what I wear, but after posting 4 times or so, that's it that I have for now.post #69677 of 10905312/18/12 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Mellow has quite a few baller pieces, and I think you're romanticizing his fits or something just because he has been known to wear a lot of cheaper stuff as well (he was always the "Uniqlo can look good" posterchild). Inverallan, CP, BoO, Ervell, all super SF approved. His fits are amazing, but I don't have any idea why you're calling baller purchases crutches. If you're lumping in Schneider with your category then Ervell most definitely belongs there, and has been hyped since before Schneider made it really big on the forums.
Actually I just like his fits a lot.
I'm calling baller purchases crutches in response to Brothersport mentioning how critical those things are to wywt and building a style identity. Notice I also mentioned that they need to fit well and be styled at least somewhat not terribly for them to be effective.
I also never mentioned that he doesn't wear SF approved things.. just not heavy into the baller brands (Which are also SF approved a lot of the time).
Again, it's not my category I took that list of brands from Brothersport's post. And imo CP is not on the same price point as guidi and neither is is Ervell in relation to Schneider. I'm not using the concepts of "baller" and "SF-approved/hyped" interchangeably.post #69678 of 10905312/18/12 at 10:44pmpost #69679 of 10905312/18/12 at 10:46pmpost #69680 of 10905312/18/12 at 10:54pm
My most thumbed up fit ever (>30 or something) was Uniqlo and Clarks. It's possible to cobble together things that are interesting, well-designed, and fit an aesthetic (~*~*~*~personal style~*~*~*~) cheaply, it's just much more challenging.
There's a marked SF groupthink, but it's no different than what you find on cycling forums, programming boards, etc...enthusiasts tend to have their predilections and those who vehemently disagree don't tend to stick around. SF at least, is accepting (on the whole) of a more disparate variety than most other places; there's far more variation between say, brad-t and regis than anything you'd find on SZ or SuFupost #69681 of 10905312/18/12 at 11:14pmpost #69682 of 10905312/18/12 at 11:33pmbtw i actually don't think that's xhale. xhale pm'd me looking to buy something awhile ago as "12345678910" or something like that and told me to gmail him instead. we spoke, he said he would buy it, and i didn't hear back from him for days until i asked him what the deal was and he went "o i decided to get something else and forgot to respond."post #69683 of 10905312/18/12 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by jet
ah yes! along with my ploier cardigan
ps just wanna say joseph from suspension point is awesome, probably my favorite guy to deal with and the best service of any shop I deal with (besides sw of course but I don't buy much from ryan these days), if you guys aren't copping from him you should be.
Thanks! Now unpack that Ute Ploier and go wear it.post #69684 of 10905312/19/12 at 12:29ampost #69685 of 10905312/19/12 at 1:11ampost #69686 of 10905312/19/12 at 4:32am
Pretty funny thing just happened.
I had ordered pickup from UPS for returning a package and accidentally gave them the wrong street number when asked for my address. The pick-up guy called me 5 minutes later correcting me, saying I must be wrong because that's not where I live, lol.
Funny when you always have the same guy delivering stuff to you.post #69687 of 10905312/19/12 at 4:37ampost #69688 of 10905312/19/12 at 5:21ampost #69689 of 10905312/19/12 at 5:38amQuote:Originally Posted by jet
ah yes! along with my ploier cardigan
ps just wanna say joseph from suspension point is awesome, probably my favorite guy to deal with and the best service of any shop I deal with (besides sw of course but I don't buy much from ryan these days), if you guys aren't copping from him you should be
support him, got my petrov colorblock and lins shirt coming this week
the long cardi, correct? almost pulled the trigger but id like to see a fit pic to persuade me
which lins shirt? throne collar? or asym in black?
seconded, J is a great dude
should be getting my little package todaypost #69690 of 10905312/19/12 at 6:07amI'm still not really sure what brad (or brothersport or mikey) are getting at, but I disagree that cheap = boring. Here is a cheap look that I think is fucking rad:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I guess what makes it boring is that a lot of the guys posting basics have rather conservative tastes and go for the denim, ocbd, navy jacket, brown shoes look? If you want to use Mellow as an example of how to use a lot of basics you'll notice that he mixes it up with aggressive hems and colour combos (I think he posted one look with camel and grey that was ). Master Milano is another poster that has an eye for variety and interesting colour choices w/o the use of any of the blown-out SF items
I think there will always be distinct groups of people posting (ie. advice-seekers, thumb-seekers, etc.) For me it's just about contributing content. I really enjoy seeing what other people post and so I want to add to that and keep the thread going.
I also noticed that Parker has removed all his old pics, but I've seen his thumbs around...
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 30 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 34 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 43 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 51 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 58 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 58 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding