Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/23/16 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4644post #69646 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:37pmI think there's a middle ground there, though. The stuff I post really is what I wear daily (though I wait until I can take good photos on the weekend). What I'm trying to say is, yeah, I could wear it with more tapered pants, and I do, often, but suggesting that the fit will forever be "off" unless I wear it with tapered pants always is ... odd. I'm not trying to be defensive or delegitimize critique, but there's a world of difference between something that's totally not working and something that's just a personal preference and nitpicking.post #69647 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:42pmdid anyone actually say that it will "forever be off" though? i don't remember the critique on that picture in particular but it seems most people tend to say "i like that, but would look better with tapered pants." which is fine. all the shit in your wardrobe isn't going to look perfect with everything else and as long as you know this, there isn't really an issue imo.
but, some pieces and combinations do look totally off and simply shouldn't be combined. i think what you're pointing out is more a matter of semantics than anything.post #69648 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:45pmbrad - yea i think what you and mikey are saying are a bit different. You're more emphasizing that there shouldn't be a need to OPTIMIZE every fit. which is cool, but does leave a lot less room for critique and analysis in what is ultimately a critique and analysis-driven thread.
mikey seems to be saying (forgive me for inferring and paraphrasing) that everyone should post fits more frequently. I see his point, but I do feel like the commoners and beginners would get shouted down until you're just left w/ the serial thumb-gatherers posting more. which is great, but not like we're learning much.post #69649 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:49pm
Was WAYWT not at one point not split between "Pics Only, no talk" and the current discussion thread? Seems like that would allow both modes of discussion/sharing prosper.
Edit: brothersport made me realise I should state I'm responding to mikey, not brad. That's a whole 'nother discussion.post #69650 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:49pmi'm not saying everyone should post more often, just that the two modes of posting (and the associated critique) dictate the environment and culture w/ in the waywt thread.
and i think the reason the styleforum uniform circa 2010 gets hated on is not because it's someone's "everyday" look but because it doesn't show much creativity in developing a personal "style identity" (barf). it's clearly just a regurgitation of what sf groupthink likes (just as much as gats and toj leathers (no hate) seem to be today) that it's not particularly interesting, regardless of the culture of the waywt thread.post #69651 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:52pmpost #69652 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:54pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by smashwindow
For reals^ spend 500, pay down your cards, invest the rest in something......
Or do something fucking crazy. last time I had 10G in cash from some grey market biz in Venezuela I bought a ticket to Madrid, rented a flat, did coke with 500 euro bills, bought bottles in the VIP at Pacha 3 nights a week for month and almost started a small forest fire while lighting fireworks on the strongest mushrooms I've ever had. (no worries only a tiny bit burnt down before the firemen got there, it made the news though!)
Haha, yeah i'm definitely not spending much on clothes if any. Gonna use it to visit family in Israel, pay off some debt, and invest the rest.post #69653 of 10905312/18/12 at 8:55pmCept no one reads the Pics only, no talk ( I don't at least )
BrotherSport - I actually think he's saying that there's not really a way to "optimize" a fit since it would imply a one method is greater than the other and thus should be the choice in the fit pic... and every time after, hes suggesting that we can look at different clothes style and (i am guessing) especially the details as "different by equal" , that said, the dude with the sweatpants and blazer in WAYWT still suckspost #69654 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:04pmBlah computer ate my post.
mikey - I think I agree with your first point, but i'm not sure what to do about it, no biggie. as for the 2nd part, I think that a "style identity" is relatively hard to show on here without big-name purchases. you don't get too many comments on cheaper outfits, and everyone (rightly, imo) recommends saving for bigger pieces as opposed to buying cheaper versions. And groupthink runs wayyyy more rampant than gats + TOJ. Like a rick leather would get equal or more thumbs than a TOJ, basically everytime, if every other variable were constant. But since gats/TOJ are more attainable and affordable, you see way more, so you feel as though those items are more groupthought (?). Really, SF's fav brands like rick, yohji, schneider, guidi...these get just as much attention and adoration, but just not as many customers.
apk - lol. SO WARM AND COMFY THO.
milano - you're talkin bout brad's point, right? yeah, i get that and kinda agree, but what's left to discuss then? just the inherent nature of a forum imo. but yeah, we could redirect our commenting focus as a forum whole, i suppose.post #69655 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:05pmQuote:
geller dip dye sweater
nah I actually think either can look great it's just the hivemind that's a little frustrating, along with the associated changing in benchmark of what things are "worth" etc.post #69656 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:19pmpost #69657 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:21pmpost #69658 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:25pmQuote:""post #69659 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:27pmBrad, I think I know what you're getting at and agree. It's worthwhle to see the clothes as they're acutally worn, versus best-case-scenario outifts that happen only ever so often. But I'm wearing a tiger fleece right now so fuck me.post #69660 of 10905312/18/12 at 9:35pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › Seiko 5 Automatic Watch 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...