or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4620

post #69286 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

that du looks nor dresses anything like mf
Not entirely sure it's a dude either...confused.gif
post #69287 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post


Should we like warn mellowfellow he has a doppelganger, possibly on the way to his apartment? uhoh.gif

I've never understood the reason for putting on three layers of clothing, including a warm scarf and beanie, and down vest.... and then not wearing socks and rolling up your pants to expose your ankles. Shit looks so fucking stupid.
post #69288 of 103378
No comment on whether it looks stupid, but aesthetics don't always have to be based on practical concerns.

I'm sure my eyes may need a tune-up, but the red hat/blue shirt/rolled cuffs/shoes, in combination, struck me as very mellowfellow. I realize he's not wearing all Ervell. foo.gif
post #69289 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I've never understood the reason for putting on three layers of clothing, including a warm scarf and beanie, and down vest.... and then not wearing socks and rolling up your pants to expose your ankles. Shit looks so fucking stupid.

is this a person from SF? either way they should burn everything
post #69290 of 103378
So let's say I bought these Ann D boots (fuck they're cool)



How feasible/expensive would it be to dye the leather black?
post #69291 of 103378
Should not be a problem and probably $100 or less. I believe someone in the baller boots thread has a contact for dye-jobs.
post #69292 of 103378
that picture is a styling photo from a Japanese webshop (forget which one). and i think it looks good shog[1].gif
post #69293 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

It was minus 22C last night here.

I don't know how cold that is give me an example.
post #69294 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

What is the deal with Nigel Cabourn pricing? I mean... what am I missing? For examples... the Coastal Command jacket that Aero did for NC... it retailed for like $3500... same Aero jacket (direct) is maybe 1/3 the price? What's with the insane markup? The Viberg x NC boots for the Last Expedition... they are something like $1500... 2x Viberg prices (more palatable, but they are still just Viberg boots for $1500...) There comes a time when the price goes sky high but quality stays at the same level (high level no doubt, but diminishing returns kicks in at some point). I like a lot of their staple stuff (Cameraman jackets, 4-way rollnecks, etc.) but the overall shift in their pricing skywards warrants a WTF. Anyone with a good explanation?
See below. The jacked up pricing and big time hype these days has really turned me off to the brand (I still enjoy wearing what I have, mind you).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

1. it's a luxury brand so you're paying a large upcharge for access to the goods
2. us retailers are also having to pay duties to import the clothes, adding to the price
3. quality is exceptional
4. just because two items are produced by the same manufacturer (say, viberg) doesn't mean they're the same quality. the viberg x nc boots have extra distressing and finishing, which requires more attention and time - therefore a higher price.
5. part of what you're paying for with any brand is the design. if the design isn't worth it to you, buy a regular aero jacket, but the increased cost of the collaboration jacket (which was also shearling lined IIRC) is in part due to the premium charged for having an item designed by NC -- which is especially relavent, due to the research that NC has to put into it.
I don't really believe this anymore. Maybe it is what people want you to believe to justify the higher prices. Theoretically, maybe it is true, but I attribute the skyhigh pricing to marketing hype and demand for the products. Also, I think the bigger and bigger that a brand gets, the more $$$ they need to produce larger quantities and to stay afloat.

Consider SEH Kelly- I recently handled their peacoat which was made from heritage wool, with the tweed hand woven on century-old looms by one guy, and only six made. The construction and quality is easily on par with and of the Cabourn outerwear that I own. And there is more care put into the details as compared to my Cameraman or Mallory. If Cabourn had made the peacoat, it would easily be twice the price, possibly 2.5-3x the price, if you compare it to some of the Scott's collection.
post #69295 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

He could have been referring to the silly abbreviation, Tegs. His use of 'women's pants' already implies that he understands your point.

bingo
post #69296 of 103378
that post makes nigel cabourn sound like the western visvim
post #69297 of 103378
[quote name="istasi" url="/t/131495/random-fashion-thoughts/69200_100#post_So let's say I bought these Ann D boots (fuck they're cool)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5973955"]

How feasible/expensive would it be to dye the leather black?[/quote]

Haven't thought about this.
Have been looking for wedge sole zip boots for a long time.

These in black icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edit: quoting and spoilering pics on the iphone is a mess.
post #69298 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I don't know how cold that is give me an example.

-7,6F



So very cold cold[1].gif
post #69299 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

that post makes nigel cabourn sound like the western visvim

visvim:native americans as cabourn:mountain climbers

also i was on that native american tip way before hiroki

post #69300 of 103378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

See below. The jacked up pricing and big time hype these days has really turned me off to the brand (I still enjoy wearing what I have, mind you).
I don't really believe this anymore. Maybe it is what people want you to believe to justify the higher prices. Theoretically, maybe it is true, but I attribute the skyhigh pricing to marketing hype and demand for the products. Also, I think the bigger and bigger that a brand gets, the more $$$ they need to produce larger quantities and to stay afloat.
Consider SEH Kelly- I recently handled their peacoat which was made from heritage wool, with the tweed hand woven on century-old looms by one guy, and only six made. The construction and quality is easily on par with and of the Cabourn outerwear that I own. And there is more care put into the details as compared to my Cameraman or Mallory. If Cabourn had made the peacoat, it would easily be twice the price, possibly 2.5-3x the price, if you compare it to some of the Scott's collection.

Well sure, a huge reason Cabourn costs what it costs is because people are willing to pay it, and it's a 'luxury' good. It's also not fair to compare small, niche brands with much larger operations -- the larger operations have to charge more to support their overhead, and they're not producing nearly enough for economies of scale to kick in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts