Better to try on at Nordstrom first or order/return. They're a bit long and narrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4583
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Going to pick up something from Guidi end of Feb in a olive/gray hue.
Also just picked up a pair of black Generic Surplus derbies for $13 after credit applied to beat around in the office. Before it was the pair of Vanishing Elephant with the brown sole pictured. Real like them so needed another beater.
Ask if they have feedback in other places? I hardly post on SuFu and mostly just use my account to PM sellers. I just give them links to my feedback here and on ebay.
well, because I'm a reasonable human being, I do take into account how other people will perceive me, especially in environments were their opinion can have consequences on my life, or in a situation where my clothing choices could hurt someone I care about -- there's a reason that I wear a suit to a funeral, even though it's "boring and stupid".
there's a difference between living in "perpetual fear of offending someone" and dressing appropriately for a job interview because you want to make a good impression. I sure wish that I could wear whatever I want whenever I wanted and nobody would give a fuck, but that's not the world I (or anyone) lives in.
your clothing choices have both positive and negative consequences. just be thankful that the negative consequences we're talking about here aren't "getting lynched."
that's one of the biggest thing that people on this forum (moreso MC) fail to grasp -- context. certain clothing choices are appropriate in certain contexts.
Well, the job interview thing I can't personally relate to, since if the job is the type that won't hire me because my shoes aren't conservative enough, I don't want to work there.
The last funeral I went to was for a close friend's family member, and a lot of our friend group showed up. Some wore suits, some wore jeans and sweaters, one even wore a t-shirt. It didn't matter one bit, because the important thing was that they were there, not what they were wearing.
Clothes and design is a cool hobby, but don't get too caught up in it that you miss the forest, you know?
Happy birthday, Mr. T.
I cannot believe how young most of SW&D is. Sometimes I think guys like Whoodini stopped posting here because they aged out.
these two issues combined are what the problem is... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
to their credit, Mike and his staff will never say anything bad about fits (nor should they), except in the rare occasion such as when I posted an admitted "not sure if good" blazerjeans fit and actively solicited advice. otherwise they have to tread lightly so as not to offend their customers, and understandably so.
it is too bad though that there isn't more active criticism of what gets posted there. I don't know what the solution is -- maybe I will suggest more often to guys that they ought to post in WAYWT but I don't want to just come off as saying "this is bad, and I'd like others to tell you why."
As far as Epaulet fanboys posting in WAYWT, I'm not sure most of them would get much out of it. I think for many of the folks in that thread, Epaulet represents to path to a high quality well fitting biz casual wardrobe. They want chinos, OCBDs, and a nice pair of boots to wear on the weekend. Nothing wrong with that, but not much to it either.
I would agree with this, but then again I'm biased from the standpoint that I work in an office.
I stopped in at SuitSupply this weekend and was pretty disappointed. Everything fit really tight. When I tried on a suit, I had to size up to a 48L (U.S. sizing) to get enough room in the chest. Still didn't look right. Walked into Paul Stuart, put on the 44 Tall, fit like a glove. $1600 though.
I'm a relative noob to the SF world, and browsing the WAYWT thread, do these people REALLY wear all that crap every day? I know SF's got a reputation for espousing high end stuff left and right, but really, how liveable are most of those outfits? I'd bet most of the things people wear in there, they're afraid of even getting a crease in their shirt or shoes. To me, if you can't comfortably live in your wardrobe - meaning, you're not afraid to get things a bit scuffed up, lived in, a stain here or there (of course try to avoid and correct those within reason), or not sweat about if someone doesn't recognize your $800 shoes and $200 tie - then you're doing it wrong. Maybe it's just my youngblood (aka no monies) status, but the best collections I've seen in those kinds of threads are the ones that you could wear day-in and day-out without having to justify them or needing groupie-approval. That's not to say some luxury items are worthless, but there's just a general fascination and unfounded need by people my age that just has me scratching my head sometimes, not just here on SF.
I got a pair of AE McAllisters shortly after I discovered SF because I actually needed a new pair of nicer shoes to wear to a wedding and other soon-to-be-coming weddings and formals. I thought it was a good investment, and I can't see myself ever getting rid of these shoes for an upgrade unless there is some ultra-compelling reason. Heck, I should probably wear them more often, given they're the most expensive piece of clothing I've ever purchased for myself.
TL;DR - things people have already said before
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RPMWEST - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 5 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Mountain Jacket Light Camouflage Ventile Made in... 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat (WvG) Navy Merino Crewneck Sweater - M 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...