Originally Posted by MarkI
So what's the consensus on white jeans in the winter?
The consensus is a definitive and firm yes
on white jeans in winter. But you can screw them up if you don't know what you are doing. Here are some of my thoughts, but do what works for you:
- I have a pair of slightly
off white jeans that i use in winter, but you can only tell they are off white by holding them up against true white. My blindingly-optical-white jeans are usually for summer.
- I don't wear white jeans if there is a torrential downpour that day.
- I pair white jeans with grey and black tones, or something that is an obvious winter tone. Do not wear a bright shirt.
- I wear white jeans with black, grey or dark brown boots. People bitch about pairing black footwear with white jeans. I do it anyway, and 75% of the time it seems to work but not always. I do not wear patent black boots or sneakers with white jeans though. Maybe you can pull if off.
- Get the fit right, preferably a bit sleazy. A white jean fit that looks tidy and pressed is just awful.