yeah, it's funny. I used to really like the chisel toe, then I hated it. Now, I think a well done version can look pretty good with the right clothes. The G&G is too much for me, but the Corthay I like. go figure. :-/ (ok, end of mc shoe tawk).
So what's the consensus on white jeans in the winter?
The consensus is a definitive and firm yes on white jeans in winter. But you can screw them up if you don't know what you are doing. Here are some of my thoughts, but do what works for you:
- I have a pair of slightly off white jeans that i use in winter, but you can only tell they are off white by holding them up against true white. My blindingly-optical-white jeans are usually for summer.
- I don't wear white jeans if there is a torrential downpour that day.
- I pair white jeans with grey and black tones, or something that is an obvious winter tone. Do not wear a bright shirt.
- I wear white jeans with black, grey or dark brown boots. People bitch about pairing black footwear with white jeans. I do it anyway, and 75% of the time it seems to work but not always. I do not wear patent black boots or sneakers with white jeans though. Maybe you can pull if off.
- Get the fit right, preferably a bit sleazy. A white jean fit that looks tidy and pressed is just awful.
i grew up in a rather dysfunctunal family, and when my parents beat each other while listening to loud eurodance music, i just stared at my aquarium and wished i was one of the fishes, but than the unicorn in me said "no, you can't breathe under water, you've got to gallop on a wide meadow and run into the sun"
I'm just reposting this from SZ because it probably deserves more attention.