Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4488post #67306 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67307 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:17am
COS is just more expensive H&M right up there with AllSaints; they just happen to be riffing off Raf and Jil instead of Rick and Julius. Just because it's minimal stuff doesn't make it any less derivative.
fwiw I don't get why anyone cares if reedo is asking about sales. 'Tis the season and might as well save a buck if you can.post #67308 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:18am
C'mon brad, this is some strawman shit. I asked if a brand that is ubiquitous in Europe and has tons of stores in every big city does a semi annual sale (prolly should have said 20-30% off, but w/e), so you equate my query to an incredibly obscure artisan brand to make my post look unreasonable in comparison?post #67309 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:20ampost #67310 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:27ampost #67311 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
a small report from hm&mmm which released today (and though they didn't have everything, not even close, there was still some nice stuff):
black boots: these look just as good as in the pictures, fit tts, and leather is as good if not better than shoes for the same price (retail I mean)
white-painted boots: fit tts as well(duh) and honestly look way cooler in person than on pictures, really quite cool
white-painted jeans: these are just dope, will definitely get a pair if there are any left after christmas
camel-coat with inverted lapels: the fit on this thing is great, and construction seems nice enough
sneakers: comfy, tts, don't look as tacky as in pictures but still nowhere near the rest of the collection
fair-isle sweater: fit on this was kinda...I dunno...it didn't really look bad but it didn't fit like I had excepted it too (if you're interested in this I think you should definitely try it out first)
So yeah, this was a small round-up on the things I tried on, will go to stockholm on saturday so they may have a bigger selection there (especially hoping for the white leather-jacket), more impressions will follow in that case
Dammit, now I want the black side zips...post #67312 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:57ampost #67313 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
C'mon brad, this is some strawman shit. I asked if a brand that is ubiquitous in Europe and has tons of stores in every big city does a semi annual sale (prolly should have said 20-30% off, but w/e), so you equate my query to an incredibly obscure artisan brand to make my post look unreasonable in comparison?
Sales season is in january in europe so you'll have to wait until then or wait for the occasional coupon. Also, COS doesn't discount their most popular item.post #67314 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Well yes I do actually, in fact the only things I've really paid full retail for in the past many months have been basics like tees or Uniqlo goods. Tell me, do you buy everything retail then? Please enlighten me on buying a full, well rounded wardrobe at full retail as a student, I'm very curious to hear how you do it.
While COS certainly isn't expensive as designer goods, considering the conversion rate the prices fall around most mid range brands that are popular here. And considering it is a rather large brand with a number of stores, I half expected there to be decent sales in the coming months and it made little sense to me to buy things now which could be had in a month's time for 30% less. Also, I'm not sure COS would quite fall under the category of "fast fashion" like H&M, All Saints etc, as it implies a cheapness in construction and material and a lack of ingenuity in design. COS imo has quite high quality stuff, and some of their designs are pretty damn cool and somewhat novel (I handled a lot of their pieces during my stint in the EU).
buy less shit. use the money you save to purchase pieces at retail that don't last through sales. done.post #67315 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:14ampost #67316 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:16ampost #67317 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:17ampost #67318 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Cool thanks, wasn't sure how the company workedQuote:
This is valuable advice, except that the majority of my "big purchases" aren't current season pieces, but usually ones from past seasons that I'd only more recently become aware of or, upon reflection, decided were pieces I'd like to own past their being stocked in stores. I guess the one piece I'm looking for currently being stocked are those MMM side zips, which I'm guessing I'll have to pay close to retail for considering limited distribution and high demand (and I've been allocating money for these). Other than that, I'm mostly trying to shore up my basics and maybe a few knits, but I feel pretty good about the few things I want to buy at the moment.post #67319 of 10905411/15/12 at 11:29am
I'm trying to find jeans with a higher rise (10.25-10.5+ rise) at around 31-32" waist and is slim on the thighs with a sharp taper all the way through knee + leg opening.
So far all I can find Thin Finn/High Kai/3Sixteen ST and trousers.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 30 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Help ID the maker of this beautiful bespoke shoe? 8 minutes ago
- › NWT 40R Canali Kei dark grey sportcoat 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...