Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4487post #67291 of 10905411/15/12 at 8:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67292 of 10905411/15/12 at 8:38ampost #67293 of 10905411/15/12 at 8:43ampost #67294 of 10905411/15/12 at 8:49amQuote:
Just handled that minimalist denim at Machus, pretty nice. Denim is good too, like the slash linesQuote:
ftfypost #67295 of 10905411/15/12 at 8:58ampost #67296 of 10905411/15/12 at 9:00ampost #67297 of 10905411/15/12 at 9:02ampost #67298 of 10905411/15/12 at 9:06ampost #67299 of 10905411/15/12 at 9:06ampost #67300 of 10905411/15/12 at 9:38am
a small report from hm&mmm which released today (and though they didn't have everything, not even close, there was still some nice stuff):
black boots: these look just as good as in the pictures, fit tts, and leather is as good if not better than shoes for the same price (retail I mean)
white-painted boots: fit tts as well(duh) and honestly look way cooler in person than on pictures, really quite cool
white-painted jeans: these are just dope, will definitely get a pair if there are any left after christmas
camel-coat with inverted lapels: the fit on this thing is great, and construction seems nice enough
sneakers: comfy, tts, don't look as tacky as in pictures but still nowhere near the rest of the collection
fair-isle sweater: fit on this was kinda...I dunno...it didn't really look bad but it didn't fit like I had excepted it too (if you're interested in this I think you should definitely try it out first)
So yeah, this was a small round-up on the things I tried on, will go to stockholm on saturday so they may have a bigger selection there (especially hoping for the white leather-jacket), more impressions will follow in that casepost #67301 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Damn just went through the COS online store for the first time this season and man there are some nice pieces. Do you guys know when the pieces hit like 50%? Because I'd like to proxy about then.
Especially fond of the MMM leather glove rip offs and the quilted wool shirt. Lots of nice knits too, oh and dem gradients!
why do you say this about literally every collection you get into each month? do you have a physical aversion to paying retail? i understand you're trying to save money, but it's fucking cos, it's fast fashion which is already cheap.post #67302 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:06ampost #67303 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:07ampost #67304 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:10am~~
We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth
That's why shortys hollering "where the ballas' at?"
Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that...
~~post #67305 of 10905411/15/12 at 10:13amQuote:
Well yes I do actually, in fact the only things I've really paid full retail for in the past many months have been basics like tees or Uniqlo goods. Tell me, do you buy everything retail then? Please enlighten me on buying a full, well rounded wardrobe at full retail as a student, I'm very curious to hear how you do it.
While COS certainly isn't expensive as designer goods, considering the conversion rate the prices fall around most mid range brands that are popular here. And considering it is a rather large brand with a number of stores, I half expected there to be decent sales in the coming months and it made little sense to me to buy things now which could be had in a month's time for 30% less. Also, I'm not sure COS would quite fall under the category of "fast fashion" like H&M, All Saints etc, as it implies a cheapness in construction and material and a lack of ingenuity in design. COS imo has quite high quality stuff, and some of their designs are pretty damn cool and somewhat novel (I handled a lot of their pieces during my stint in the EU).
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?