Stop working out; acquire blubber: knits, cold, hemorrhaging $$$.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4483post #67231 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:15pmpost #67232 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:20pm
I actually work out more. I started jogging again and I think I shed a few excess pounds of fat since all my lifts have gone up since then while remaining the same weight, not to mention my shoulders getting even bigger.post #67233 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:24pmpost #67234 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:26pmRunning in the cold can give you arthritis and joint problems (?)
Random though: 24hour gym complex being built literally 5-10min walking distance from my house. Now I can finally fit in my cardio once the place opens and run to and from, saving gas too. Time to get my jet onpost #67235 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:28pmpost #67236 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:29pmpost #67237 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:51pmQuote:
Note that there's a difference between being cold and feeling cold.
Fatties are more insulated and lose heat less easily, but that doesn't mean their bodies don't function in the same way that ours do. When it's cold, your body conserves heat by reducing blood flow to the extremities, which is why your hands and feet get cold. It makes you feel cold, but it stops your core temperature from being cold. The opposite happens when it's warm, and you also sweat.
A byproduct of using stored chemical energy for mechanical movement (=exercise) is heat. To get rid of this excess heat, your body increases circulation to the extremities, effectively acting like a radiator (increased surface area). You also sweat. The increased circulation to the extremities that happens when you exercise helps you feel warmer. Again, your core temperature stays the same.
But this doesn't make you feel warmer when not exercising, you say?
there's a couple of things at play:
1. Exercise makes me hungrier. more energy to burn. More energy utilised in digesting the food. -->more heat
2. People often go on about how exercise increases your metabolism after exercise. IMO, it's more a case of increased demand for energy to repair muscle. Again, this makes heat as a by product.
IME when I exercise regularly I feel the cold less.post #67238 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:53pmpost #67239 of 10905311/13/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
I recently bought a couple of their shirts. As far as I can tell they are well made and good value for money. The ones I have also have nice wood buttons and little design quirks that make them different from my other shirts. Looks to me like another Scandinavian brand to watch, and half the price of NN.07.
Nickpost #67240 of 10905311/14/12 at 5:59ampost #67241 of 10905311/14/12 at 6:03ampost #67242 of 10905311/14/12 at 6:05am
Look, pretty much any brand will release a purple crewneck; you just gave us 1) a fucking colour + 2) one of the two most common description of a sweater along with v-neck 3) a one brand exclusion, opening the door to every other brand in the world. Buy any brand from GAP to Ann Demeulemeester, well anything aside from SNS.post #67243 of 10905311/14/12 at 6:10ampost #67244 of 10905311/14/12 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
Look, pretty much any brand will release a purple crewneck; you just gave us 1) a fucking colour + 2) one of the two most common description of a sweater along with v-neck 3) a one brand exclusion, opening the door to every other brand in the world. Buy any brand from GAP to Ann Demeulemeester, well anything aside from SNS.
i apologize I should have been more detailed. Sub 200$ would be nice , in something heavier than a merino. I have looked at the obvious ie. GAP, Clubmonaco, Jcrew, uniqlo.
was hoping for some others.. Jcrew has one but I hate buying from them.post #67245 of 10905311/14/12 at 6:15am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 49 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 24 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 31 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 34 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 34 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 38 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 52 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...