Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 8/24/15 at 2:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:54 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4483post #67231 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67232 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:15pmpost #67233 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:20pm
I actually work out more. I started jogging again and I think I shed a few excess pounds of fat since all my lifts have gone up since then while remaining the same weight, not to mention my shoulders getting even bigger.post #67234 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:24pmpost #67235 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:26pmRunning in the cold can give you arthritis and joint problems (?)
Random though: 24hour gym complex being built literally 5-10min walking distance from my house. Now I can finally fit in my cardio once the place opens and run to and from, saving gas too. Time to get my jet onpost #67236 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:28pmpost #67237 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:29pmpost #67238 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:51pmQuote:
Note that there's a difference between being cold and feeling cold.
Fatties are more insulated and lose heat less easily, but that doesn't mean their bodies don't function in the same way that ours do. When it's cold, your body conserves heat by reducing blood flow to the extremities, which is why your hands and feet get cold. It makes you feel cold, but it stops your core temperature from being cold. The opposite happens when it's warm, and you also sweat.
A byproduct of using stored chemical energy for mechanical movement (=exercise) is heat. To get rid of this excess heat, your body increases circulation to the extremities, effectively acting like a radiator (increased surface area). You also sweat. The increased circulation to the extremities that happens when you exercise helps you feel warmer. Again, your core temperature stays the same.
But this doesn't make you feel warmer when not exercising, you say?
there's a couple of things at play:
1. Exercise makes me hungrier. more energy to burn. More energy utilised in digesting the food. -->more heat
2. People often go on about how exercise increases your metabolism after exercise. IMO, it's more a case of increased demand for energy to repair muscle. Again, this makes heat as a by product.
IME when I exercise regularly I feel the cold less.post #67239 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:53pmpost #67240 of 10905411/13/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
I recently bought a couple of their shirts. As far as I can tell they are well made and good value for money. The ones I have also have nice wood buttons and little design quirks that make them different from my other shirts. Looks to me like another Scandinavian brand to watch, and half the price of NN.07.
Nickpost #67241 of 10905411/14/12 at 5:59ampost #67242 of 10905411/14/12 at 6:03ampost #67243 of 10905411/14/12 at 6:05am
Look, pretty much any brand will release a purple crewneck; you just gave us 1) a fucking colour + 2) one of the two most common description of a sweater along with v-neck 3) a one brand exclusion, opening the door to every other brand in the world. Buy any brand from GAP to Ann Demeulemeester, well anything aside from SNS.post #67244 of 10905411/14/12 at 6:10ampost #67245 of 10905411/14/12 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
Look, pretty much any brand will release a purple crewneck; you just gave us 1) a fucking colour + 2) one of the two most common description of a sweater along with v-neck 3) a one brand exclusion, opening the door to every other brand in the world. Buy any brand from GAP to Ann Demeulemeester, well anything aside from SNS.
i apologize I should have been more detailed. Sub 200$ would be nice , in something heavier than a merino. I have looked at the obvious ie. GAP, Clubmonaco, Jcrew, uniqlo.
was hoping for some others.. Jcrew has one but I hate buying from them.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 seconds ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 12 seconds ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 23 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge, August 28th: Boots 'n Suits 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015