Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Today at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4477post #67141 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67142 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
Hey, me too. PhD seems about the biggest type of hell on earth I could imagine right now. Too much responsibility, too much risk, too shitty lifestyle, too little control, no fucking speck of light at the end of the tunnel...jesus.
Please edit quote, decided I probably don't want that info floating around on the web.post #67143 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:49pmpost #67144 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:50pmpost #67145 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Yeah I'm less into style than into awesome pieces of clothing. I'm more into the piece in a vacuum than in any sort of context involving me. So the "baller" threads are key to my consumption both in a consumer sense and a styleforum sense. But I'm the outlier here I'm sure.
Fundamentally I'm here to find new shit to blow money on and because this place is a source of amusementpost #67146 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:00pmpost #67147 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:03pmWell guys I just saw Holy Motors and FUCK.
Also fwiw I'm with Teger on the thumbs thing. It's funny and it was cute for a while to have little jokes in the thumb comments, but I think people are abusing it. It's moving content / discussion away from posts. Not only that, but it's a terrible system for determining how good an outfit is. I swear I get like 10 more thumbs than normal whenever I wear my NiCo boots or ToJ DR.
RFT: Sometimes I wear a cool outfit that doesn't photograph well for whatever reason and that makes me kinda sad. Wanna share some shit with you guys.post #67148 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:09pmpost #67149 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:22pmMy wife does this incredible Gang's of New York villain thing way better than do I. I think that it's because she has a great face (hearl shaped) for hats. Her daily wear are APCs with Trickers Ghillies, an amazing Margiela mainline coat (raw cut silk chiffon over tweed), and a black Eugenia kim cap.post #67150 of 10905411/12/12 at 11:02pmI pretty much keep wearing the same uniform as well. I've been stuck with this derbys, trousers and shirts for a quite some time and looking something fresh. Wearing the same clothes feels comfortable, but eventually gets boring. Maybe should try some nice sweatshirts / knits / velcro hi-tops.
Edited by djt00 - 11/12/12 at 11:35pmpost #67151 of 10905411/12/12 at 11:04pmI think teger just has a problem with reedo and stanley, I don't buy the whole I can't give you any examples bullshit.
Also, while interesting to read sometimes, lots of critical analysis is too much work to read through and that's not the primary reason I come to this forum.post #67152 of 10905411/13/12 at 12:35am
This matches up pretty well with my recent purchases/ wears. I'm a little behind the SF hype cycle, and am basically wearing slightly long black light pants during the summer, and a pair of 17 oz samurai's during the winter- accompanied by boots or shoes. I have 8 items of clothing beyond white shirts, and I'm basically content. I can wear things in almost any weather, I look good in most/ all of it, and while I love buying more stuff, I don't really need to at this point.
It also helps that I'm a poor college student.post #67153 of 10905411/13/12 at 12:45ampost #67154 of 10905411/13/12 at 2:34amTeger has a problem with anyone who is new, reedo is just easy target status
It's pretty well established haha
Old SF was shite, I can remember getting flamed because I was saying the W+H tees were really good, people were raving about banana republic and j crew and jerking over photo's of Daiki
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 7 minutes ago
- › Suit colors 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 10 minutes ago
- › Caruso 42l SC 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...