Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4477post #67141 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67142 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
Hey, me too. PhD seems about the biggest type of hell on earth I could imagine right now. Too much responsibility, too much risk, too shitty lifestyle, too little control, no fucking speck of light at the end of the tunnel...jesus.
Please edit quote, decided I probably don't want that info floating around on the web.post #67143 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:49pmpost #67144 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:50pmpost #67145 of 10905411/12/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Yeah I'm less into style than into awesome pieces of clothing. I'm more into the piece in a vacuum than in any sort of context involving me. So the "baller" threads are key to my consumption both in a consumer sense and a styleforum sense. But I'm the outlier here I'm sure.
Fundamentally I'm here to find new shit to blow money on and because this place is a source of amusementpost #67146 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:00pmpost #67147 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:03pmWell guys I just saw Holy Motors and FUCK.
Also fwiw I'm with Teger on the thumbs thing. It's funny and it was cute for a while to have little jokes in the thumb comments, but I think people are abusing it. It's moving content / discussion away from posts. Not only that, but it's a terrible system for determining how good an outfit is. I swear I get like 10 more thumbs than normal whenever I wear my NiCo boots or ToJ DR.
RFT: Sometimes I wear a cool outfit that doesn't photograph well for whatever reason and that makes me kinda sad. Wanna share some shit with you guys.post #67148 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:09pmpost #67149 of 10905411/12/12 at 10:22pmMy wife does this incredible Gang's of New York villain thing way better than do I. I think that it's because she has a great face (hearl shaped) for hats. Her daily wear are APCs with Trickers Ghillies, an amazing Margiela mainline coat (raw cut silk chiffon over tweed), and a black Eugenia kim cap.post #67150 of 10905411/12/12 at 11:02pmI pretty much keep wearing the same uniform as well. I've been stuck with this derbys, trousers and shirts for a quite some time and looking something fresh. Wearing the same clothes feels comfortable, but eventually gets boring. Maybe should try some nice sweatshirts / knits / velcro hi-tops.
Edited by djt00 - 11/12/12 at 11:35pmpost #67151 of 10905411/12/12 at 11:04pmI think teger just has a problem with reedo and stanley, I don't buy the whole I can't give you any examples bullshit.
Also, while interesting to read sometimes, lots of critical analysis is too much work to read through and that's not the primary reason I come to this forum.post #67152 of 10905411/13/12 at 12:35am
This matches up pretty well with my recent purchases/ wears. I'm a little behind the SF hype cycle, and am basically wearing slightly long black light pants during the summer, and a pair of 17 oz samurai's during the winter- accompanied by boots or shoes. I have 8 items of clothing beyond white shirts, and I'm basically content. I can wear things in almost any weather, I look good in most/ all of it, and while I love buying more stuff, I don't really need to at this point.
It also helps that I'm a poor college student.post #67153 of 10905411/13/12 at 12:45ampost #67154 of 10905411/13/12 at 2:34amTeger has a problem with anyone who is new, reedo is just easy target status
It's pretty well established haha
Old SF was shite, I can remember getting flamed because I was saying the W+H tees were really good, people were raving about banana republic and j crew and jerking over photo's of Daiki
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 17 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Munich in the summer 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...