Originally Posted by caseyfud
I am stuck, guys; how do I make it to the next level?
0. Put almost everything you own in another closet in your house/apt, and wear clothes from it only when you would otherwise be naked.
1. Like others said, spend some money. Alternatively, devote yourself to just a couple of brands, like Uniqlo, that produce reasonably nice clothes for low prices. This includes a bunch of tshirts that fit well.
2. Except on very rare exception, do not think that Gap, Banana Republic, or other shitty mall brands fit into #1.
3. Buy one pair of expensive jeans that fit great. Wear them for at least a year straight. Seriously- I buy myself a pair of jeans for Christmas every year, and it's what I wear 95% of the following year. These can even be APCs.
4. Once you have the minimal amount of basics from #1, focus on slowly picking up grail pieces.
5. Pick up two pairs of nicer shoes (can often be found on sale or on B&S slightly worn)
6. If you ever are not completely
happy with a garment, return it. Do not ever stray from this.
7. Buy one pair of glasses that look good on you. This will require going to a small specialty eyeglasses shop, preferably in a city somewhere nearby. Do not just default to the typical reading glasses that typical guys wear (and look stupid in).
8. Get a semi-fashionable haircut (I don't really know what this means because I have been shaving my head for the past decade)
9. Find a way to exercise on a regular basis, if you don't already. It helps with being trimmer and building confidence.
10. Consider changing your username- it implies blah