or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4437

post #66541 of 102304
Was sitting at a restaurant today, looked at the menu and it was in a specific font where lowercase L's and 1's look the same. was looking at soups and read "bow1s," wondered why someone had mistyped bows1 for a full 5 seconds before realizing it was "bowls"

I think i read too much styleforum
post #66542 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

had a look at Frans Boone or The Armoury?

Armoury didn't have the kind of shit I like, haven't checked frans will take a gander.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

jet, you might check out ralph lauren black label for tux pants. or maybe even brooks black fleece. both slim cuts, flat front.
it's bizarre that a lot of brands do tux pants so wrong. not just the baggy fit, but they'll put on belt loops or visible waist button or some other dumb thing.

So funny you mentioned this I looked at BL the other day but the site doesn't list them separately so I'd have to make a phone call. Right, do not want loops and not decided on flat front or forward pleats but leaning towards the former. I just read foo's black tie thread shit is hilarious, poor guys live in a box.
post #66543 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I hate when you want to cop something and either a) you can't find exactly what you're looking for and b) you have to wait for a restock.
Trying to cop some drakes ties but all the good ones haven been sold out. Impossible finding some nice tuxedo pants.

What tie are you looking for? We have a bunch coming for a photoshoot. Might be in there. Just sayin'. You can also always go baller and get it MTO. As long as it's not untipped, the wait is probably not that bad.
post #66544 of 102304

700

Am i bad for thinking this cardigan is actually pretty nice? kinda ervell-esque

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #66545 of 102304

thanks for posting that.  gonna buy it when it's on sale, sized up 1 or 2 and wear it over my Monitaly 5-zip

post #66546 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

What tie are you looking for? We have a bunch coming for a photoshoot. Might be in there. Just sayin'. You can also always go baller and get it MTO. As long as it's not untipped, the wait is probably not that bad.

Now what the fuck do I need a mto tie for? lol

I like boring ties so just cashmeres, micro dots, conservative repps etc, mostly navy and grey.
post #66547 of 102304
Fok: There's a herringbone EG vest that might be worth looking into (they had it at Bloomingdales).

Other RFT:

Barneys SF
  • Balenciaga wool collared rider was disappointing leather wise, they didn't have the wool sleeved version.
  • no Margiela menswear, just a couple shoes
  • only a few pairs of white on white Balenciaga pleated highs at the NY store

Other disappointing stuff
  • some Junya outerwear
  • Ovadia and Sons leathers
  • Yigal Azruel leathers
post #66548 of 102304
you were disappointed by junya outerwear? what were you expecting, ethereal armor?
post #66549 of 102304
At $1500, I'm expecting something better puzzled.gif it was not impressive.
post #66550 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post


Now what the fuck do I need a mto tie for? lol
I like boring ties so just cashmeres, micro dots, conservative repps etc, mostly navy and grey.

 

I think he meant what tie as in black tie, white tie redface.gif

post #66551 of 102304

RFT: I've been really, REALLY good about not buying any clothing for a long time now, excluding the Monro down vest (I needed to replace my down vest anyway).  Been focusing on other stuff and saving for lots of travel.

 

There is one thing I do want badly though and have been having trouble finding: a black 100% cashmere baseball cap.

 

I checked out the usual spots like barneys and bergdorf, since I figured they would have a Cucinelli one or something, but no luck really.  There was a really nice Loro Piana one but it had a stitched logo on it, and I definitely don't want that.  Found a Borsalino one that I sort of like but it was really floppy.  May have to default to it but I know you guys are good at shopping so if anybody can track me down a black cashmere cap <200 or so I will be very grateful and most likely send you a present of some kind :)

 

Would also consider navy as well if you can find that

post #66552 of 102304

*

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Now let's talk about that present
post #66553 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post


* Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Now let's talk about that present

 

 

What's this one? It looks a bit fuzzy :)

 

Jet's Locke rec was good.  They have a nice wool one but I was hoping for cashmere.

 

This Ervell suede is nice in it's own way too, but I'm not sure I can really get into a suede cap

 

 

 

also like this Highland Mohair one in black watch but the floor model one at OC was looking pretty nasty as it gets worn a bit, so even though they'd give me a new one I don't think it will age well.

 

post #66554 of 102304
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

RFT: I've been really, REALLY good about not buying any clothing for a long time now, excluding the Monro down vest (I needed to replace my down vest anyway).  Been focusing on other stuff and saving for lots of travel.

There is one thing I do want badly though and have been having trouble finding: a black 100% cashmere baseball cap.

I checked out the usual spots like barneys and bergdorf, since I figured they would have a Cucinelli one or something, but no luck really.  There was a really nice Loro Piana one but it had a stitched logo on it, and I definitely don't want that.  Found a Borsalino one that I sort of like but it was really floppy.  May have to default to it but I know you guys are good at shopping so if anybody can track me down a black cashmere cap <200 or so I will be very grateful and most likely send you a present of some kind smile.gif

Would also consider navy as well if you can find that

Wigens, a Swedish company, makes one, and it is in proper hat sizing, rather than S,M,L:

A quick google search shows that Patrick James actually has it on sale, and that it's available at a bunch of other places. Look for the "Daniel" model. There is a stitched on logo label, but thats easily enough taken care of.
post #66555 of 102304
Sipang's and Ervell is cool. Hoping to get my hands on the ballistic one though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts