Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4365post #65461 of 10905410/14/12 at 11:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65462 of 10905410/14/12 at 11:18pmpost #65463 of 10905410/14/12 at 11:52pmpost #65464 of 10905410/15/12 at 7:25ampost #65465 of 10905410/15/12 at 7:31ampost #65466 of 10905410/15/12 at 7:34ampost #65467 of 10905410/15/12 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by brad-t
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sort of reminds me when World Championship Wrestling brought in a wrestler during the mid-90s and named him The Final Solution, apparently unaware of the namesake's less than admirable background.post #65468 of 10905410/15/12 at 8:29ampost #65469 of 10905410/15/12 at 8:39ampost #65470 of 10905410/15/12 at 8:42ampost #65471 of 10905410/15/12 at 8:48ampost #65472 of 10905410/15/12 at 9:00am
The relocation, etc of native americans was just a consequence of the policy and they were rarely explicitly mentioned, and if they were it was not as people but as part of the "frontier to be conquered." It's still an idiotic thing to put on a shirt but it's not quite as bad as, for example, the final solution (which made me laugh).post #65473 of 10905410/15/12 at 9:04amDirect consequence. It would be like saying that Nazi world domination was an intellectually different idea than their racial superiority ideas. Two are intimately tied up. Ditto with MD. You can't really say you deserve the land someone else is on and uses without first making the intellectual judgement that they do not deserve it and dont have the same rights etc.
Mad Lib version
The ___(insert race/national group)___ need living space more than ___(insert minority)___ so we just going to take it and put you into ___(reservations/detention camps)___
I do agree its stupid to put on a shirt. Just more stupid than you think it is I guesspost #65474 of 10905410/15/12 at 9:09amOh, come on, KJ. You can't separate killing and relocating American Indians from conquering the frontier. Sure, there was the (faulty) idea that the same agricultural practices from the east would work in the arid west. But, the settlers could rarely even occupy the land unless they got rid of the Indians first. A large part of Manifest Destiny was the belief that the white Americans were racially superior and that Indians were heathens who needed to be converted to Christianity. Sound familiar?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...