Anyone know if Silent released that knit in any other form, ie crewneck? I'd buy that in an instant
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/23/16 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4336post #65026 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:02pmpost #65027 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:07pmpost #65028 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:08pmpost #65029 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:09pmpost #65030 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:13pmI'm kind of partial to the W+H gradient knit. The beige in the Silent version makes the whole thing too dingy, like heavily trampled snow. Not big on the burnt orange, either. Jacket is really nice, and as usual, a lot of Silent's basics will be nice pickups come sale season.post #65031 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
I'm kind of partial to the W+H gradient knit. The beige in the Silent version makes the whole thing too dingy, like heavily trampled snow. Not big on the burnt orange, either. Jacket is really nice, and as usual, a lot of Silent's basics will be nice pickups come sale season.
The Silent knit IRL is really insane, hard to capture the depth of the color and gradient in photo. Looked through their lookbook (great, btw) and only saw the hoody and scarf in that gradient. Looks like i'm SOL, shame.
The W+H one is pretty drop, really pricey thoughpost #65032 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:24pmpost #65033 of 10905310/5/12 at 3:37pmpost #65034 of 10905310/5/12 at 5:02pmpost #65035 of 10905310/5/12 at 5:52pmpost #65036 of 10905310/5/12 at 6:15pmpost #65037 of 10905310/5/12 at 6:22pmpost #65038 of 10905310/5/12 at 8:11pmhttp://www.ssense.com/women/product/silent_by_damir_doma/long_taupe_cashmere_angora_cardigan/58558
girls get buttons i'm jealouspost #65039 of 10905310/5/12 at 8:12pmpost #65040 of 10905310/5/12 at 10:06pm
Margiela for H&M collaboration isn't far away. I think there will be something good this time.Quote:
Are you excited about bringing Maison Martin Margiela to a different customer?
It's a pleasure to present these re-editions of Maison Martin Margiela to a new audience, to those who were too young to buy the original pieces and those who didn't have access to Maison Martin Margiela before the days of internet shopping. Put more simply, our designs will now be available to those who can't afford our mainline collection. With this collaboration, some of our most iconic archive pieces can become modern classics.
What can we expect from the collection?
The collection is a series of re-editions, featuring Maison Martin Margiela garments from various seasons since menswear was introduced in 1998. Each garment will be labelled detailing the year and season of origin. The re-editions have been selected not only because of their importance in the history of the Maison, but so the H&M collection will comprise a full wardrobe for men. There are re-editions of coats, suits, denim, shirts, sweaters, shoes and accessories.
Are you excited to be presenting your designs to a broader audience?
We believe in democracy. We do not believe in exclusivity in the typical fashion way. Take examples such as our sock sweater, which was made from several pairs of everyday socks, or our fashion shows, which have been held in a vacant field and a Parisian Métro station. Of course, some of our garments are produced in limited numbers out of necessity, either because of the scarcity of materials or the technical difficulty in making the piece. But by offering our concepts and designs to such a wide audience with this collaboration, we hope that more people are able to share in our creative expression.
How will it differ from the main line?
Our main men's line focuses on construction, detailing and the function and utility of a garment. It is a progressive line that changes every season. These re-editions with H&M will only occur once.
Were there any advantages or limitations in the process?
Every process has advantages and limitations. We enjoyed selecting the pieces from our archives for these re-editions, and working closely with H&M on how to make the re-editions as accurate as possible.
The Margiela name has been built on the reconstruction of vintage or everyday items. How will this signature translate to a broader audience?
It will translate entirely. In the men's collection there is a re-edition of the supporters' scarves sweater, originally shown in the spring/summer 2005 collection. This sweater was originally made entirely from football scarves. The re-edition will also be made from football scarves. It is not a version. It is a re-edition.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › OLZAN | A new fashion brand | Exclusive clothing 5 minutes ago
- › Sanders Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 59 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 59 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Bulcher / Derby with suit? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...