or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4330  

post #64936 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

i guess, but it usually flops after i look for one thing and can't find anything like it and then run out of places to look and just give up any hopes of ever being good at this

Yea, I hate hidding walls and there being nothing to serve as a substitute. I've been PMing people who have already bought things and making offers to get rare pieces hahaha
post #64937 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

i guess, but it usually flops after i look for one thing and can't find anything like it and then run out of places to look and just give up any hopes of ever being good at this

For this reason I have folder with bookmarks for 50+ webstores.
post #64938 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Have you guys ever seen a few pieces online and begun to construct a sort of conceptual full outfit in your mind, then tried to go about assembling pieces of the fit until you have them all? I think about it all the time
Isnt this what we all do? redface.gif
post #64939 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Have you guys ever seen a few pieces online and begun to construct a sort of conceptual full outfit in your mind, then tried to go about assembling pieces of the fit until you have them all? I think about it all the time

Hah, and when you finally own all of them it's on to the next one.
post #64940 of 109053
I kind of do that too but when my best fits happen (IMO) is when you combine pieces you didn't originally envision going together and sometimes it just works so well.
post #64941 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

I kind of do that too but when my best fits happen (IMO) is when you combine pieces you didn't originally envision going together and sometimes it just works so well.

+1

sometimes throwing a couple things on at the last minute is better than planning an outfit
post #64942 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

I kind of do that too but when my best fits happen (IMO) is when you combine pieces you didn't originally envision going together and sometimes it just works so well.

This usually doesn't work for me.
post #64943 of 109053
And the award for shittiest laces goes to.... Florsheim! For their imperial laces that require re-tying every 17 steps
post #64944 of 109053
Am I a success story?

(Still can't figure out how else to wear that Plokhov jumper)
post #64945 of 109053
Random brand: A Kind of Guise (German)

Looks pretty decent

http://akindofguise.com/shop/







post #64946 of 109053
the shirt is nice.
post #64947 of 109053
collar gap is all wrong
post #64948 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post

And the award for shittiest laces goes to.... Florsheim! For their imperial laces that require re-tying every 17 steps

No experience with Florsheim, but are you tying them correctly? i.e. not doing a granny knot? If you're not sure, do check out the link. It changed my life (5). I'm hardly ever re-tying even my worst laces now.
post #64949 of 109053
post #64950 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

No experience with Florsheim, but are you tying them correctly? i.e. not doing a granny knot? If you're not sure, do check out the link. It changed my life (5). I'm hardly ever re-tying even my worst laces now.
Yep, I use a "balanced" knot on almost everything these days and it does work damn well, with the single exception (out of about 6-8 pairs I wear regularly) of those Florsheims.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts