Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4328post #64906 of 10905410/3/12 at 8:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64907 of 10905410/3/12 at 9:15ampost #64908 of 10905410/3/12 at 10:16ampost #64909 of 10905410/3/12 at 10:27ampost #64910 of 10905410/3/12 at 10:36amQuote:
I think it's a bit soon to make this declaration. Plus, if the designer destroys the reputation of the house, that will be a big issue (see: Galliano).post #64911 of 10905410/3/12 at 11:04amSounds like everyone is surprised that SLP looks like DH. Was there anything ever to suggest that Hedi Slimane is a full fledged conceptual designer cum fashion philosopher, rather than a "lifestyle" designer with one signature look, like Tom Ford, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc.?post #64912 of 10905410/3/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
Sounds like everyone is surprised that SLP looks like DH. Was there anything ever to suggest that Hedi Slimane is a full fledged conceptual designer cum fashion philosopher, rather than a "lifestyle" designer with one signature look, like Tom Ford, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc.?
Dior Homme was basically a new brand, Christian Dior being a women's rtw/HC house that sold some crap no one cared about when it came to men. Slimane was at liberty to build a wholly new universe. YSL women is (one of) the most celebrated fashion house (I'd put it at n.1) and has had several signature looks and cuts in addition to a certain YSL spirit unherited from Saint Laurent himself. The only thing Slimane managed to get out of that was a couple of dated 70s superficial flourishes like the large bows and the hats. He coupled that with the exact same work he was doing at DH, work that has been entirely absorbed and regurgitated by the high street and is now patently dated.post #64913 of 10905410/3/12 at 11:29amAnd he asked Bangalter and G-M to put the show in music - it's like he's actually making it a point to turn back the clock half a decade and tell everyone that nothing happens in the world between two Hedi collections...post #64914 of 10905410/3/12 at 12:08pmpost #64915 of 10905410/3/12 at 12:15pmpost #64916 of 10905410/3/12 at 12:26pmQuote:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dingleberrypost #64917 of 10905410/3/12 at 12:56pmpost #64918 of 10905410/3/12 at 1:14pmpost #64919 of 10905410/3/12 at 1:33pmI wish peoples WAYWT photos were also posted directly to their personal album. I have been doing it manually for my own fun (when I look back and cringe ). Also would probably be really helpful for new members to see who they should really follow/listen to versus less etc etcpost #64920 of 10905410/3/12 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
I wish peoples WAYWT photos were also posted directly to their personal album. I have been doing it manually for my own fun (when I look back and cringe ). Also would probably be really helpful for new members to see who they should really follow/listen to versus less etc etc
SF should have its own dedicated WAYWT section a-la lookbook rather than just using a forum thread, honestly.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1671 Active Users (398 Members and 1273 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 54 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 54 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...