Edited by brad-t - 10/2/12 at 8:30pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4327post #64891 of 10905410/2/12 at 7:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64892 of 10905410/2/12 at 7:59pmpost #64893 of 10905410/2/12 at 8:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by teenagelightning
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)this is like when you knew that one kid a few years older than you when you were 14 in high school and he seemed so cool and you kinda looked up to him but then you run into him like a decade later and he's ringing you up at whole foods and he's exactly how he was in high school but with 4 inches more waist and 4 inches less hairline and now he's completely fucking intolerable and you suddenly realize he's always been awful but when you were a kid you were too stupid to know
first pic what vanilla ice looked like in high school.post #64894 of 10905410/2/12 at 10:03pm
I have a history of destroying or losing expensive sunglasses. One pair of Ray Bans flew from my face while taking photographs out of a sunroof. Another was left on a bus. Another got cracked against the gate of a pickup truck while tucked into my collar. One more got sent in for repairs and never came back....
For years I have not spent more than $20 on a pair of sunglasses. It has been a useful rule. I still destroy at least one pair a year. I typically keep two on hand.
A week and a half ago I bought a pair of new Coach sunglasses that I'd had my eye on since this past summer. I knew I was breaking my rule but it was a beautiful fall day and I took the afternoon off to get a few cocktails in my system. I got those sunglasses I was crazy about.
And today I lost them.post #64895 of 10905410/2/12 at 10:35pmpost #64896 of 10905410/2/12 at 11:41pmpost #64897 of 10905410/3/12 at 5:21amInteresting Business of Fashion piece on the YSL/Hedi PR car crash -
http://www.businessoffashion.com/2012/10/a-wake-up-call-for-ysls-pr-team.htmlpost #64898 of 10905410/3/12 at 5:43ampost #64899 of 10905410/3/12 at 5:56ampost #64900 of 10905410/3/12 at 5:57ampost #64901 of 10905410/3/12 at 6:16ampost #64902 of 10905410/3/12 at 6:57am
The re-branding was smart - walk into any thrift store in the USA and you'll find racks of "YSL" clothes from the '80s and '90s, so they needed to differentiate their line, similar to how Dior Homme wasn't called "christian dior" because of all the licensed crap out there. How they handled the re-branding was awful, though.post #64903 of 10905410/3/12 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
The re-branding was smart - walk into any thrift store in the USA and you'll find racks of "YSL" clothes from the '80s and '90s, so they needed to differentiate their line, similar to how Dior Homme wasn't called "christian dior" because of all the licensed crap out there. How they handled the re-branding was awful, though.
Or maybe it was just Hedi being a dick and demanding things? In that article it also talks about how its only Saint Laurent Paris in Ad's, and the real name is Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane, etc. etc. all these weird rules and naming conventions that just make it ridiculous.
Why even have brands? Why not just rename the line every time a new designer is hired? Why did the main rebranding of two huge houses only happen when Hedi was hired and not the plethora of other designers that have come through?post #64904 of 10905410/3/12 at 7:17am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 seconds ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 38 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 42 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?