shave half your head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 10/16/15 at 7:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4322post #64816 of 10905410/1/12 at 9:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64817 of 10905410/1/12 at 9:31pmpost #64818 of 10905410/1/12 at 10:29pmpost #64819 of 10905410/1/12 at 11:02pm
Ordered something from Nomad last sunday, didn't receive any notification, emailed them thursday for an update, never got a response but got a tracking number today, my package has been delivered... to some address 3,500 miles away.
Yay. Ironically they charge an absurd amount for shipping. I'd just call but my damn phone's broken. Hopefully they just gave me the wrong tracking #.
Also SLP was awesome.post #64820 of 10905410/1/12 at 11:12pmpost #64821 of 10905410/1/12 at 11:28pmpost #64822 of 10905410/1/12 at 11:33pmpost #64823 of 10905410/2/12 at 1:16amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that's Zomby.
He's a well known UK club music producer. Quite a legend. His father was a really famous composer, he's notorious for shit talking to everyone and for having been able to hide his identity and face for his whole career. Produced the music for a Prada collection a while back, so I guess that's why he's there.
If the video's not working, it's Prada womens FW09
Edited by conceptionist - 10/2/12 at 11:28ampost #64824 of 10905410/2/12 at 4:54ampost #64825 of 10905410/2/12 at 5:20ampost #64826 of 10905410/2/12 at 5:56am^haha its funny you commented because when I first went i had the barber do my hair with a 2 all over then i decided to go shorter so i had her do a 1 which she did on the sides first and I thought of your haircut.
maybe ill copycat next timepost #64827 of 10905410/2/12 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by brad-t
Both the positive and negative reviews of Saint Laurent boil down to the same thing: Hedi stuck to what he was good at. Yamamoto gets the same criticism levied at him constantly. Why do we want designers to constantly change their vision every season? Can you really be a fan of a designer who does ninety degree turns every six months?Quote:Originally Posted by sipang
The thing is, for better or for worse Hedi's vision and background have become fashion's vision and background over the last decade or so (tough luck), and since that vision was always pretty superficial you can only spread it so much before it starts to feel really repetitive and cliché. When you combine this with the recycling of YSL boho chic elements, you get a collection that smells like a museum before it's even hit the floor. I'm all for refinement but this ain't it. Also don't think it's fair to throw Yohji in the discussion, context is way different anyway.
Somewhere, Pilati is laughing up his sleeve.
On the other hand I never gave a fuck about DH and Hedi so ...
I think the actuality is probably smack-dab in the middle of these two thoughts. If this collection had been released contemporaneously with Hedi's DH (which I wasn't into, didn't know about, don't really care about), the response would have been pretty obviously different. Sipang's right, though, in saying that it's pretty stuck in 2006 with all of the YSL greatest hits thrown in as a bonus.
I think that for me, the biggest problem (ignoring the fact that I immediately posted that I loved it, and in some ways still do after several more viewings - I mean, hey, it's fun, it's sexy, it's easy, it's not very thought-provoking...) is that I never loved the coke-chic rocker thing, and it reinforces some of the stereotypes that I actively dislike about women's fashion. It's restrictive, it's mean, and no one you know is going to be able to wear it. I'm sure we'll all see people trying to fit their average-sized bodies into those pieces, but that right there is a look that is pretty much Kate Moss through and through. These days, a lot of folks, myself included, would just rather see something else. There's nothing friendly about any of the looks.
That said, I like the more romantic, highwayman (woman?)-like elements, but I feel pretty confident that most of us with even a passing interest (relative to SF) in women's fashion could point to more inspiring, less troubling designers. If you're a girl who always wanted to wear DH, though, and was buying the men's denim for years or something, I guess you're probably pretty happy. It's well-styled, high-drama, and I can't for the life of me think of what anyone could have possibly expected aside from exactly this.post #64828 of 10905410/2/12 at 6:49ampost #64829 of 10905410/2/12 at 6:53ampost #64830 of 10905410/2/12 at 7:00amQuote:
You could always shave the sides and leave it longish up top, seems to work for some people (bows and artishard spring to mind).
Finally was able to get an appointment with my stylist this week. Wanna do something with a bit of edge but probably will just end up with something short and simple since I may be doing job interviews in the near future.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 6 minutes ago
- › stephan schneider NMWA merino coat V gray/charcoal liner BNWT 10 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 12 minutes ago
- › Pin Grain Leather for Shoes- Input and Feedback Appreciated 13 minutes ago
- › UNWORN! H&M X Maison Martin Margiela Fur Coat 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories