shave half your head.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4322
Styleforum Top Picks
Ordered something from Nomad last sunday, didn't receive any notification, emailed them thursday for an update, never got a response but got a tracking number today, my package has been delivered... to some address 3,500 miles away.
Yay. Ironically they charge an absurd amount for shipping. I'd just call but my damn phone's broken. Hopefully they just gave me the wrong tracking #.
Also SLP was awesome.
I think that's Zomby.
He's a well known UK club music producer. Quite a legend. His father was a really famous composer, he's notorious for shit talking to everyone and for having been able to hide his identity and face for his whole career. Produced the music for a Prada collection a while back, so I guess that's why he's there.
If the video's not working, it's Prada womens FW09
Edited by conceptionist - 10/2/12 at 11:28am
Both the positive and negative reviews of Saint Laurent boil down to the same thing: Hedi stuck to what he was good at. Yamamoto gets the same criticism levied at him constantly. Why do we want designers to constantly change their vision every season? Can you really be a fan of a designer who does ninety degree turns every six months?
The thing is, for better or for worse Hedi's vision and background have become fashion's vision and background over the last decade or so (tough luck), and since that vision was always pretty superficial you can only spread it so much before it starts to feel really repetitive and cliché. When you combine this with the recycling of YSL boho chic elements, you get a collection that smells like a museum before it's even hit the floor. I'm all for refinement but this ain't it. Also don't think it's fair to throw Yohji in the discussion, context is way different anyway.
Somewhere, Pilati is laughing up his sleeve.
On the other hand I never gave a fuck about DH and Hedi so ...
I think the actuality is probably smack-dab in the middle of these two thoughts. If this collection had been released contemporaneously with Hedi's DH (which I wasn't into, didn't know about, don't really care about), the response would have been pretty obviously different. Sipang's right, though, in saying that it's pretty stuck in 2006 with all of the YSL greatest hits thrown in as a bonus.
I think that for me, the biggest problem (ignoring the fact that I immediately posted that I loved it, and in some ways still do after several more viewings - I mean, hey, it's fun, it's sexy, it's easy, it's not very thought-provoking...) is that I never loved the coke-chic rocker thing, and it reinforces some of the stereotypes that I actively dislike about women's fashion. It's restrictive, it's mean, and no one you know is going to be able to wear it. I'm sure we'll all see people trying to fit their average-sized bodies into those pieces, but that right there is a look that is pretty much Kate Moss through and through. These days, a lot of folks, myself included, would just rather see something else. There's nothing friendly about any of the looks.
That said, I like the more romantic, highwayman (woman?)-like elements, but I feel pretty confident that most of us with even a passing interest (relative to SF) in women's fashion could point to more inspiring, less troubling designers. If you're a girl who always wanted to wear DH, though, and was buying the men's denim for years or something, I guess you're probably pretty happy. It's well-styled, high-drama, and I can't for the life of me think of what anyone could have possibly expected aside from exactly this.
You could always shave the sides and leave it longish up top, seems to work for some people (bows and artishard spring to mind).
Finally was able to get an appointment with my stylist this week. Wanna do something with a bit of edge but probably will just end up with something short and simple since I may be doing job interviews in the near future.
- Random fashion thoughts
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 20 seconds ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 54 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...