I need that online store to open. I am going to suit up in some Uniqlo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4288
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64307 of 1090549/18/12 at 6:56pmpost #64308 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:02pmpost #64309 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:11pmpost #64310 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:28pm
There's some nice stuff in there, but there's something underwhelming about gigantic collections of clothing/shoes that look like they were assembled during a relatively brief period. There's just something impersonal, maybe even hollow, about it. Those Tumbler fashion bloggers have ruined the word, so I won't use "curated" here, but I get more out of seeing wardrobes that contain items that seem more carefully selected. I'm thinking of something such as Fuuma's footwear collection, which isn't enormous for someone who's been into fashion for so long. Yet you see it, and everything seems to have its place. There's nothing excessive about it. These gigantic, box-fresh wardrobes bankrolled by some guy's sweet gig in finance usually lack that quality.post #64311 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
There's some nice stuff in there, but there's something underwhelming about gigantic collections of clothing/shoes that look like they were assembled during a relatively brief period. There's just something impersonal, maybe even hollow, about it. Those Tumbler fashion bloggers have ruined the word, so I won't use "curated" here, but I get more out of seeing wardrobes that contain items that seem more carefully selected. I'm thinking of something such as Fuuma's footwear collection, which isn't enormous for someone who's been into fashion for so long. Yet you see it, and everything seems to have its place. There's nothing excessive about it. These gigantic, box-fresh wardrobes bankrolled by some guy's sweet gig in finance usually lack that quality.
exactly why I started the contentedness thread.post #64312 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:27pmpost #64313 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:42pm^ I ask that myself all the time. One thing that comes back for me is certain things, when i first try on, I feel really at home in. Not badass or anything else (though that might be it too). If you put something on and you feel that I think thats a good sign.post #64314 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I do it depending on what I'm attracted to most.
I usually mull them over for a week or so before deciding what's a must-have and what I can live without if it doesn't make it to sale.
edit: that's is for online purchases
offline purchases i usually make after trying it on, and if i'm unsure about it i leave it and come back again if i find myself still interested. I will also get second opinions from people whose opinion I value.post #64315 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:55pmpost #64316 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:00pmpost #64317 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:10pmSo I'm going to see Madonna this Thursday and I'm thinking of dressing up inspired by a Madonna era. Should I go for 2000 Music cowboy Madonna era, 1997 Ray of light spiritual/New Wave Madonna era, The 80s era, I can also go for early 90s Erotica bondage (my favorite) era, there's so many ways I can go, but I don't know where to go.post #64318 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #64319 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #64320 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:31pmQuote:
Don't get me wrong I mean it's just uniqlo but there is some cool stuff you can just fuck with on the cheap so you don't have to pay a million dollars for a better version by a designer. It helps when you already have so much cool shit so you don't feel bad about copping some cheap shit here and there.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 32 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 52 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Is there a standard "size" for darts? 8 minutes ago
- › How is the fit of this glasses? 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...