I need that online store to open. I am going to suit up in some Uniqlo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:38 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4288
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64307 of 1090549/18/12 at 6:56pmpost #64308 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:02pmpost #64309 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:11pmpost #64310 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:28pm
There's some nice stuff in there, but there's something underwhelming about gigantic collections of clothing/shoes that look like they were assembled during a relatively brief period. There's just something impersonal, maybe even hollow, about it. Those Tumbler fashion bloggers have ruined the word, so I won't use "curated" here, but I get more out of seeing wardrobes that contain items that seem more carefully selected. I'm thinking of something such as Fuuma's footwear collection, which isn't enormous for someone who's been into fashion for so long. Yet you see it, and everything seems to have its place. There's nothing excessive about it. These gigantic, box-fresh wardrobes bankrolled by some guy's sweet gig in finance usually lack that quality.post #64311 of 1090549/18/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
There's some nice stuff in there, but there's something underwhelming about gigantic collections of clothing/shoes that look like they were assembled during a relatively brief period. There's just something impersonal, maybe even hollow, about it. Those Tumbler fashion bloggers have ruined the word, so I won't use "curated" here, but I get more out of seeing wardrobes that contain items that seem more carefully selected. I'm thinking of something such as Fuuma's footwear collection, which isn't enormous for someone who's been into fashion for so long. Yet you see it, and everything seems to have its place. There's nothing excessive about it. These gigantic, box-fresh wardrobes bankrolled by some guy's sweet gig in finance usually lack that quality.
exactly why I started the contentedness thread.post #64312 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:27pmpost #64313 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:42pm^ I ask that myself all the time. One thing that comes back for me is certain things, when i first try on, I feel really at home in. Not badass or anything else (though that might be it too). If you put something on and you feel that I think thats a good sign.post #64314 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
I do it depending on what I'm attracted to most.
I usually mull them over for a week or so before deciding what's a must-have and what I can live without if it doesn't make it to sale.
edit: that's is for online purchases
offline purchases i usually make after trying it on, and if i'm unsure about it i leave it and come back again if i find myself still interested. I will also get second opinions from people whose opinion I value.post #64315 of 1090549/18/12 at 8:55pmpost #64316 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:00pmpost #64317 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:10pmSo I'm going to see Madonna this Thursday and I'm thinking of dressing up inspired by a Madonna era. Should I go for 2000 Music cowboy Madonna era, 1997 Ray of light spiritual/New Wave Madonna era, The 80s era, I can also go for early 90s Erotica bondage (my favorite) era, there's so many ways I can go, but I don't know where to go.post #64318 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #64319 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:27pmpost #64320 of 1090549/18/12 at 9:31pmQuote:
Don't get me wrong I mean it's just uniqlo but there is some cool stuff you can just fuck with on the cheap so you don't have to pay a million dollars for a better version by a designer. It helps when you already have so much cool shit so you don't feel bad about copping some cheap shit here and there.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › UPDATED W NEW STOCK --> Black, White & Brown MOP Shirt Buttons -... 58 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 4 minutes ago
- › Brioni Pure Cashmere Gun Club Shepherd Sport Coat 42 R 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...