no i just don't have anything better to do with my life
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4242
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63617 of 1090549/6/12 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by skintight
I'm trying to become a street style blogger doing a Toronto-based blog. I keep attending fashion events and finding very few people worth photographing. My blog layout is utter shit right now too because I need to learn some HTML and I don't have a business card with the website on it so I've been hoping I would be inspired to start by all the fashion-savvy people out on the street but NOPE.
Come on dude, don't be a sucker.
Also you should set things up in life so that you don't have to constantly make preemptive apologies for your creative efforts.post #63618 of 1090549/6/12 at 8:45pmpost #63619 of 1090549/6/12 at 11:12pmteenage lightning, I was just at the museum on Wednesday and checked out the BLESS thing too, and you have to understand that BLESS is about a lot more than just clothes :-/ but! they did have a variation on the rug cape sweater thing that it sounds like you missed. it was on the right side and was beautiful it actuAlly had a price tag hidden on it still that I found while playing with it (560 euro) but after asking a few people they all told me nothing from the exhibit would be sold. by far the highlight of it all for me although I desperately wish I could buy that piece.post #63620 of 1090549/6/12 at 11:43pmpost #63621 of 1090549/7/12 at 12:20ampost #63622 of 1090549/7/12 at 12:20ampost #63623 of 1090549/7/12 at 2:31ampost #63624 of 1090549/7/12 at 3:43amQuote:
I'm not sure where in that comment I was making a preemptive apology, but the fact that I forgot my second camera battery and battery charger at my friend's house a 2 hour train ride away also hasn't helped. It's like when I look at somebody I think "is that outfit even worth running my only battery down for?" I finally convinced her to pay for the shipping to mail it to me.
I did see a couple of women on the subway who looked twice as fashion-savvy as anybody who attended the group, so I guess all hope is not lost. I just need to get my shit together and do something about it.post #63625 of 1090549/7/12 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
teenage lightning, I was just at the museum on Wednesday and checked out the BLESS thing too, and you have to understand that BLESS is about a lot more than just clothes :-/ but! they did have a variation on the rug cape sweater thing that it sounds like you missed. it was on the right side and was beautiful it actuAlly had a price tag hidden on it still that I found while playing with it (560 euro) but after asking a few people they all told me nothing from the exhibit would be sold. by far the highlight of it all for me although I desperately wish I could buy that piece.
yeah in retrospect i was pretty unfair to it, i actually stumbled in there by chance while at the museum with a friend. so there was a moment of "HOLY SHIT WE HAVE TO GO THERE BLESS IS AMAZING I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY BUT YOU'LL SEE" and then being a bit sad that there wasn't a room full of germans having a wine and cheese party in the bless clothes that i can only imagine are real (because where can you even see bless irl as a midwesterner).
we were in a bit of a hurry so dammit i did miss the rug sweater!! the chains were really cool thoughpost #63626 of 1090549/7/12 at 5:34amDude the cheese-munching Germans were probably there. You were just stepping on them because they were all wearing rug sweaters, and we all know the only way to wear rug sweaters is to lie motionless on the floor. So next time you head to the exhibit, be more mindful of the weird lumps in the carpet. And the muffled squeals of pain that emanate when you step on those lumps.post #63627 of 1090549/7/12 at 6:36ampost #63628 of 1090549/7/12 at 6:38ampost #63629 of 1090549/7/12 at 6:48ampost #63630 of 1090549/7/12 at 6:49am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › VINTAGE SCHOTT PERFECTO 618 SIZE 40 GOOD CONDITION 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...