or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4201

post #63001 of 98266

First of all, this is classic: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/22/the-campus-sartorialist-street-style-from-colleges-such-as-harvard-and-duke-photos.html

 

I particularly love where they talk about the founder of The Campus Sartorialist having amazing style using this quote:


 

Quote:
“chinos and L.L.Bean boots during the winter, shorts and tassel loafers in the summer”

Maybe his site is good (I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it), but I like how "Ivy Style" is considered the best style.

 

 

Second: earlier my aunt said she liked my shorts and that I had this A&F look going on (which she meant as a compliment). I was wearing Uniqlo checked shorts with a Uniqlo white v-neck and a pair of shoes that look like GATs. Do I need to burn everything and start again?!

post #63002 of 98266
For those of you searching for a cheap alternative to the TOJ varsity, Urban Outfitters has this in stock (there's also an all "blacked-out" model):





The leather is really cheap, and there's nothing special about the fabric—but the fit is pretty spot-on (though the sleeves could be a bit slimmer and shorter) and it looks just fine if you're not hanging around people who know what TOJ even is (i.e. if you're a college kid or if you live in bumfuck USA). I didn't buy one, but it's a decent lightweight-ish coat that could get some pretty good mileage through mid- to late-fall. And it'll probably go on sale, or UO will hand out one of their millions of promo codes, so I imagine it'll to be worth it for someone.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25092933&parentid=M_OUTERWEAR
post #63003 of 98266
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

For those of you searching for a cheap alternative to the TOJ varsity, Urban Outfitters has this in stock (there's also an all "blacked-out" model):

The leather is really cheap, and there's nothing special about the fabric—but the fit is pretty spot-on (though the sleeves could be a bit slimmer and shorter) and it looks just fine if you're not hanging around people who know what TOJ even is (i.e. if you're a college kid or if you live in bumfuck USA). I didn't buy one, but it's a decent lightweight-ish coat that could get some pretty good mileage through mid- to late-fall. And it'll probably go on sale, or UO will hand out one of their millions of promo codes, so I imagine it'll to be worth it for someone.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25092933&parentid=M_OUTERWEAR

 

 

 

be better than UO

post #63004 of 98266
Don't know the movie, but point understood.

I don't plan on buying it, but I post it because the jacket looks perfectly, acceptably alright (it's like the Clarks of varsity jackets—looks just fine, but it's not like anyone deserves tremendous compliments for wearing it), and I know that not every member on this forum suffers from crippling anxiety if they aren't wearing artisanal unicorn-dick leather. Some people on this forum, believe it or not, do enjoy knowing about these things. (That's why Uniqlo gets so much love.)
post #63005 of 98266
yo fuck how did i miss the electronic music talk..

stroboscopic artefacts big in 2012, same with sandwell district. all the new gesaffelstein coming out on bromance is cool.

fuck witch house. jmatsu sent me the first ritualz cd and i'm not into it really.

everything that the29nov films works on is good too.
post #63006 of 98266
Sandwell district is top notch. Love Frozen Border as well + all of the sublabels.
29nov is a great channel as well for finding new stuff. My music knowledge is otherwise pretty limited to the "recent releases" on Hardwax smile.gif
post #63007 of 98266
CdG makes so much awful shit:

D4635.jpg
post #63008 of 98266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

CdG makes so much awful shit:


can someone please explain the reason that shirt was made? Because that shit is hilarious.

post #63009 of 98266
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post

yo fuck how did i miss the electronic music talk..
stroboscopic artefacts big in 2012, same with sandwell district. all the new gesaffelstein coming out on bromance is cool.
fuck witch house. jmatsu sent me the first ritualz cd and i'm not into it really.
everything that the29nov films works on is good too.

 

The whole witch house thing was fucking stupid.  Fool's gold/bromance have been solid the past few months, as has teenage riot; but most of the really good shit lately has been coming out of the trap scene - http://soundcloud.com/flosstradamus/b-nned-dl-link-password-in

post #63010 of 98266

My Favorite Genres are Witch House and #seapunk and also Chilwaev

post #63011 of 98266
where can i get the isaora sweatpants in a L in navy? frown.gif or another pair of dark slim sweatpants.
post #63012 of 98266

you guys don't even know, its all about that neuro-trap-crackle-house. 

 

on a side note, i kind of want to bring back that late 80's faith no more/mike patton style. you know, long elastic boxers down to the knees with some RO type shorts to contrast and maybe a flannel wrapped around to perfect the look. 


Edited by ExAngel - 8/22/12 at 4:41pm
post #63013 of 98266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

My Favorite Genres are Witch House and #seapunk and also Chilwaev

miley cyrus is seapunk

also this is it
post #63014 of 98266
In case you have not, I urge you to get out the vote for the "post of the month", here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/311975/poll-pick-the-inaugural-monthly-winner-of-the-best-post-best-thread-contest/
post #63015 of 98266
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post

miley cyrus is seapunk
also this is it Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

that's dope as hell, kind of sounds like a modern day muslimgauze in a way. what is this what else is like this

tell me before someone complains about music talk in clothing thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts