Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4168post #62506 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62507 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:46pmpost #62508 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:54pmpost #62509 of 1090548/9/12 at 5:05pmpost #62510 of 1090548/9/12 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
RFT: I spreadsheeted the hell out of my 2012 purchases and discovered more than half of my spending has been outerwear and shoes.
Spoiler: Breakdown! (Click to show)Shoes: 32%I guess that's neither surprising nor provocative, but I did discover a couple of interesting things, since I knew all the amounts I paid and had a pretty good idea about most of the retail prices. Overall I've paid roughly 45% of estimated Canadian MSRP on my clothes purchases so far in 2012; a number of things were at full retail, but my best deals were 96% off a cashmere & silk hoodie, 92% off a BNWT YSL sportcoat, and 90% off a jacket fully lined in fur (those three were all eBay scores, for the record), which helped bring the average down a bunch.
* Obviously this doesn't give a picture of my wardrobe in general since I had plenty of clothes to begin with; this is just, rather arbitrarily, my recent acquisitions of the last seven months or so.
All that said, on further reflection my most satisfying purchases were items I had to splurge a bit more on. I'm uncertain whether the first part is a function of the second part or it just so happened that the things I wanted most were not handed to me on a platter of affordability. But in the end, I've bought a bunch of stuff I really love this year and only regret a few purchases which were thankfully smaller ones in the grand scheme of things.
Always a good idea to splurge on outerwear and footwear. They always seem like the first things to sell out in my size so I don't like to sleep on them. I think I've bought maybe a total of 5-6 pieces of clothing this year. Mostly because I really don't need more clothes and combined with my general lack of interest in fashunz during the warmer months.post #62511 of 1090548/9/12 at 6:23pmpost #62512 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
It is indeed nice, I'll check it out soon. Not as boxy and cropped as before, sizes are bigger for us dudes now shah knows not of what he speaks.Quote:
Umm no you need to get out of that box. I will be copping a few pieces and successfully integrating them.
Edited by jet - 8/9/12 at 7:40pmpost #62513 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:32pmpost #62514 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:40pmpost #62515 of 1090548/9/12 at 9:13pmmeant *was* still boxy I've no clue about this season quit hating jet Although some of the looks on website are still nice and roomy.
Agreed that Leder is quite versatile though, I can think of plenty of different aesthetics to mix them with. Some of the fabrics are looking fanastic like always am tempted to get cardigans but probably will just stick to trousers if I get a chance
Edited by the shah - 8/9/12 at 9:24pmpost #62516 of 1090548/9/12 at 9:22pmWas just reading the Leder interview in "The New Order." This fall's collection theme is the emigration from Galicia. He found a bunch of old train tickets and what not and sewed them into the jackets, like how people sewed money into clothes for safekeeping.post #62517 of 1090548/9/12 at 11:33pmpost #62518 of 1090548/10/12 at 12:07ampost #62519 of 1090548/10/12 at 2:05ampost #62520 of 1090548/10/12 at 4:45amQuote:
Yeah, I thought the same thing about a year ago and then realize that gum sole achilles are gone. Which is too bad, they looked great and they should make them a regular part of their offerings.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1176 Active Users (196 Members and 980 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 33 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › PROXY FOR SUITSUPPLY FROM EUROPE TO WORLDWIDE 20 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 46 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...