Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4168post #62506 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62507 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:46pmpost #62508 of 1090548/9/12 at 4:54pmpost #62509 of 1090548/9/12 at 5:05pmpost #62510 of 1090548/9/12 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
RFT: I spreadsheeted the hell out of my 2012 purchases and discovered more than half of my spending has been outerwear and shoes.
Spoiler: Breakdown! (Click to show)Shoes: 32%I guess that's neither surprising nor provocative, but I did discover a couple of interesting things, since I knew all the amounts I paid and had a pretty good idea about most of the retail prices. Overall I've paid roughly 45% of estimated Canadian MSRP on my clothes purchases so far in 2012; a number of things were at full retail, but my best deals were 96% off a cashmere & silk hoodie, 92% off a BNWT YSL sportcoat, and 90% off a jacket fully lined in fur (those three were all eBay scores, for the record), which helped bring the average down a bunch.
* Obviously this doesn't give a picture of my wardrobe in general since I had plenty of clothes to begin with; this is just, rather arbitrarily, my recent acquisitions of the last seven months or so.
All that said, on further reflection my most satisfying purchases were items I had to splurge a bit more on. I'm uncertain whether the first part is a function of the second part or it just so happened that the things I wanted most were not handed to me on a platter of affordability. But in the end, I've bought a bunch of stuff I really love this year and only regret a few purchases which were thankfully smaller ones in the grand scheme of things.
Always a good idea to splurge on outerwear and footwear. They always seem like the first things to sell out in my size so I don't like to sleep on them. I think I've bought maybe a total of 5-6 pieces of clothing this year. Mostly because I really don't need more clothes and combined with my general lack of interest in fashunz during the warmer months.post #62511 of 1090548/9/12 at 6:23pmpost #62512 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
It is indeed nice, I'll check it out soon. Not as boxy and cropped as before, sizes are bigger for us dudes now shah knows not of what he speaks.Quote:
Umm no you need to get out of that box. I will be copping a few pieces and successfully integrating them.
Edited by jet - 8/9/12 at 7:40pmpost #62513 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:32pmpost #62514 of 1090548/9/12 at 7:40pmpost #62515 of 1090548/9/12 at 9:13pmmeant *was* still boxy I've no clue about this season quit hating jet Although some of the looks on website are still nice and roomy.
Agreed that Leder is quite versatile though, I can think of plenty of different aesthetics to mix them with. Some of the fabrics are looking fanastic like always am tempted to get cardigans but probably will just stick to trousers if I get a chance
Edited by the shah - 8/9/12 at 9:24pmpost #62516 of 1090548/9/12 at 9:22pmWas just reading the Leder interview in "The New Order." This fall's collection theme is the emigration from Galicia. He found a bunch of old train tickets and what not and sewed them into the jackets, like how people sewed money into clothes for safekeeping.post #62517 of 1090548/9/12 at 11:33pmpost #62518 of 1090548/10/12 at 12:07ampost #62519 of 1090548/10/12 at 2:05ampost #62520 of 1090548/10/12 at 4:45amQuote:
Yeah, I thought the same thing about a year ago and then realize that gum sole achilles are gone. Which is too bad, they looked great and they should make them a regular part of their offerings.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1614 Active Users (395 Members and 1219 Guests)
- › Viberg Boots 22 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...