or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4148  

post #62206 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

true about NYC. in general I'd say people here are dressed better than in most other U.S. cities, but only slightly. that may just be because people here have more options because of the abundance of retailers, sample sales, etc. but high-end fashion is basically a niche thing.

True, BUT there is a 99x higher chance that if you walk around you will see some people wearing high fashion. Which is much preferred to having sweat pants and dad jeans on every single person.
post #62207 of 109053
While not amazing or anything, people def wear better fitting clothes here for sure. It's a lot of J.Crew / Uniqlo style but like, hey, at least it's unoffensive. It's very very neighborhood dependent though. Walk around Murray hill or the Upper East side and you'rll think you're in anytown USA.

I see designer shit all the time though. One time I saw this guy wearing the most beautiful balenciaga doube rider and i was like drool.gif You also see goth ninjas every once in a while and I find it to be fairly unimpressive IRL. IME it's mostly gay/art school types that rock it here.

The village and Chelsea has a lot of gay dudes in crazier Jeremy-Scott-esque shit. Like, now I see who buys that stuff that looks absurdly hideous on Yoox sales. Gay dudes around here also seem to love high top/boot tucks. I see tons of Y-3 sneaks at my gym.

Every once in a while I see some Asian teenager or waifish dude in rick dunks. Saw one gay dude rocking them like normal sneakers with Jeans and leather jacket, which is actually the most I've liked them.

The random black teenagers decked out in streetwear brands and gay dudes in crazy euro brands are my favorite thing about fashion-people watching in NYC.
post #62208 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

you're back in the promised land?

Im living in Bolton Hill. Look for the Lexus blaring black metal.
post #62209 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

While not amazing or anything, people def wear better fitting clothes here for sure. It's a lot of J.Crew / Uniqlo style but like, hey, at least it's unoffensive. It's very very neighborhood dependent though. Walk around Murray hill or the Upper East side and you'rll think you're in anytown USA.
I see designer shit all the time though. One time I saw this guy wearing the most beautiful balenciaga doube rider and i was like drool.gif You also see goth ninjas every once in a while and I find it to be fairly unimpressive IRL. IME it's mostly gay/art school types that rock it here.
The village and Chelsea has a lot of gay dudes in crazier Jeremy-Scott-esque shit. Like, now I see who buys that stuff that looks absurdly hideous on Yoox sales. Gay dudes around here also seem to love high top/boot tucks. I see tons of Y-3 sneaks at my gym.
The random black teenagers decked out in streetwear brands and gay dudes in crazy euro brands are my favorite thing about fashion-people watching in NYC.

you're such a straight white dude
post #62210 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouveau Pauvre View Post

Im living in Bolton Hill. Look for the Lexus blaring black metal.

you should hang out with desi and i sometime, you're pretty close to me.

you ever go to the shithole that is club charles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

The random black teenagers decked out in street wear brands...are my favorite thing about fashion-people watching in NYC.

am i missing something?

gah artishard beat me to it.
post #62211 of 109053
Can't help who I am. shog[1].gif I recognize the subjectivity of my perspective. Anyway, The "whiteness" Game is a white/bourgeois pastime anyway.

I have a pretty diverse social circle but none of them are particularly fashion inclined. All of them dress in standard hipsterwear (OCBD's, APC's, boots/sneakers).
post #62212 of 109053
I do agree that 99% of the people I see in Goth-Ninja IRL look terrible. Full Goth Ninja wear should be restricted to photo shoots :P

edit - they all look uncomfortable and not-confident. I think thats what it is.
post #62213 of 109053
NEW TUMBLR

Candid shots of uncomfortable looking goth ninjas

Someone do this
post #62214 of 109053
^ I dunno man. maybe because my real life exposure is largely the atelier/RO staff and a few forum people I've found people IRL to look a lot better then a lot of dressed by the internet sufu/sz shit.
post #62215 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

True, BUT there is a 99x higher chance that if you walk around you will see some people wearing high fashion. Which is much preferred to having sweat pants and dad jeans on every single person.

It probably depends on the neighborhood you're in, too, now that I think about it. There is NO high fashion where I live, but if I walk around meatpacking, which is near my office, I see a good amount of stuff. (Also seen a few Victoria's Secret photo shoots in MePa...fun fun fun).
post #62216 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouveau Pauvre View Post

^ I dunno man. maybe because my real life exposure is largely the atelier/RO staff and a few forum people I've found people IRL to look a lot better then a lot of dressed by the internet sufu/sz shit.

Wait what? Wouldn't Atelier be basically the same as SZ shit; what am I missing here
post #62217 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

you should hang out with desi and i sometime, you're pretty close to me.
you ever go to the shithole that is club charles?

even by hipster club standards club chuck is pretty crap these days. but its still cheap. informal sf baltimore meetup next week?

actually my sat. plans just fell through. take me to a party with bougie hopkins girls.
post #62218 of 109053
I don't think they look bad per se, I just don't think they look uber-impressive or interesting given the price points involved.
post #62219 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Wait what? Wouldn't Atelier be basically the same as SZ shit; what am I missing here

Yeah but these guys are/basically are models and they have access to all the nicest pieces.

Rather then random dressed-by-the-internets who, to paraphrase fuuma, look like "they were gangbanged by a sales rack"
post #62220 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Wait what? Wouldn't Atelier be basically the same as SZ shit; what am I missing here

My guess is the dudes who live/breathe the aesthetic because they sell it daily are more comfortable wearing it than the web designer who buys the clothes but then can't figure out how to carry himself when he finally has to speak to another person
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts