Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4146post #62176 of 1090538/2/12 at 6:53pmpost #62177 of 1090538/2/12 at 6:54pmpost #62178 of 1090538/2/12 at 6:55pmpost #62179 of 1090538/2/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
God, this a million times. I didn't realize it was so ridiculously hard to come by. Just destroyed yet another pair of vans and I'm feeling like an idiot for not owning any decent low tops.post #62180 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:00pmmy nike frees and authentics are the most comfortable shoes I own (0)
wtf is this shit LOLQuote:
zero swinging, 4x25 every night i gopost #62181 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:00pmpost #62182 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:05pmpost #62183 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by sipang
I don't buy the comfort thing. Better construction and superior materials ? Sure. Durability ? Maybe. But any pair of adidas, nike, vans etc will be as comfortable as GATs or whatever.
Nothing against them in principle, but it's tiring to see people blowing loads of cash on awful looking shit that ends up producing contrived-looking waywts.
Lanvins are the worst.
I see where you're coming from and i'm definitely guilty of throwing money on some hideous shoes that ive worn once and felt stupid for buying (lanvin is in that list), however lanvin and balenciaga are the only brands that i've personally encountered that have really treated my feet very well. my feet are pretty wide. sure i can wear cp's and rafs, but they are not comfortable and the sizing is awkward as i'm somewhere in between. leather inside most of the high end sneakers ive gotten is pretty miniscule and some are certainly not worthy of the price tag, but i dont think this is the case at all with lanvin, at least in my own personal opinion. regardless, its an unnecessary luxury, but one that I put at the top of my list along with food and home/furnishings.post #62184 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:19pmGivenchy couldn't be bothered to put an opening front on their leather this season so instead glued some wool stars to the neck area and called it a day.
But it will still set you back $6400 because Tisci threw some zippers on the sides.post #62185 of 1090538/2/12 at 7:47pmpost #62186 of 1090538/2/12 at 8:02pmQuote:Thanks. I fucking hate the whole idea of crossfit for the following reasons:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. my ex wife loves it
2. it's all she fucking talks about
3. the one time I witnessed it in person, the word 'Nazis' immediately came to mind
4. group workouts with some gym rat shouting at me seem like they would be the worst experiences of my lifepost #62187 of 1090538/2/12 at 8:14pmpost #62188 of 1090538/2/12 at 8:39pmpost #62189 of 1090538/2/12 at 8:49pmpost #62190 of 1090538/2/12 at 8:53pmComfort is probably all dependent. Perhaps I should say that I sized my MMM the best relative to all my other footwear. Actually just received some new shoes and they are .5 too big. Oh well.
I don't find Lanvin et al very attractive as a shoe and most of the crazier designs.
I actually heard about Lanvin 2+ years ago for my first time and was intrigued. Found out that my friend who returned from Paris trip had his uncle pickup a pair for each of the siblings and said friend.
Friend has huge feet so FWIW the Lanvin sneakers looked very bulky. I took one look at them, got excited and was 'Oh shit' Lanvins! and then did not give much more thoughts afterwards. I understood then that the shoe was definitely a "luxury" as friends uncle worked in NY (Some financial services gig) and said pretty much everyone in NY wears Lanvin.
So to that sure they fit the "Baller Sneakers" profile, but they still looked quite average overall. I did not like the sole. Very bulky.
Picked them up though and they are indeed nicely made and have a heavy hand. A well balanced sneaker.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › WTB: 36R Tuxedo 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 39 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 6 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...