its not online, they have an outlet/warehouse in downtown l.a. where they blow out most of their goods at 60%, but you can call them if you have an idea of what you're looking for. If you yelp matteo los angeles you'll find a lot of tips.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4119post #61771 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61772 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:28pmpost #61773 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:31pmpost #61774 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:35pmpost #61775 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:35pmQuote:
Im thinking about purchasing a MySide Mattress. checked them out today and man are they comfortable. Now I just need the sheets and a nice bed frame. Got a new apartment I just moved into; trying to not have a single Ikea piece.post #61776 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:38pmpost #61777 of 1090547/23/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
best bet is to skip costco and go to a bedding specialist (not a mall store).
you'll want to really take some time and feel out any and all beds, ask an SA that seems knowledgable for advice on materials etc.
with beds, you really do get what you pay for, although the unfortunate reality is that 99% of mattresses are marked up 80-120% over what they should be.
another thing you could try out is to check out something similar to http://www.boconcept.us/mattresses.aspx?ID=84385
Tempurpedics are great, but not everyone will sleep comfortably on one. ymmv as always.
I recently spent a good amount on a new mattress, but i bought the frame and slats at ikea which render the mattress nearly useless (slats are terrible, sliding all over the place, bed not in place). a lot of factors involved.
in any case i normally tend to sleep the best on a nice comfy couch or a flat hardwood floor lolpost #61778 of 1090547/23/12 at 3:11pmpost #61779 of 1090547/23/12 at 3:44pmpost #61780 of 1090547/23/12 at 3:59pmpost #61781 of 1090547/23/12 at 4:02pm
Nah, some companies make mattresses at three times the price of Hastens but who cares!
Fuuma's guide to buying a mattress:
- This shit is a big scam and companies change the names of he models so you can't price shop. In the end just go up to the comfort (or conspicuous consumption in stealth wealth mode with those €30,000 ones) level you want. If Simons's whatever black ninja is it, don't fret over the choice and don't go one level up. This shit is about as scientific as phrenology anyway.
-A mattress is only timeless (read very long lasting) for people who have timeless wardrobes and are 85. You will spill alcohol, ash and bodily fluids (hopefully not just yours) on this disgusting thing and some crazy broad will play trampoline and bust everything up. No need to go for the stars as you'll replace it sooner than you think.
-Get some normal coil thing not some latex fetish gear. I mean if you love it have fun but consider the "proven" solution first.
-Always choose the cheaper model of a certain level because other models have added padding on top of the mattress and this shit breaks down in 2 yrs and you have to throw it away cause it is stitched to the main thing. If you need softer just get a separate top whateverthing, it is exactly the same and looks the same but you can throw it away when it is finished and keep the mattress.
- Prices mean nothing, one day something is discounted, the other day it's the beds on the other side. Just go two different days an you'll see. Only buy when this stuff is discounted because if it isn't today it is probably tomorrow. This doesn't apply to über-specialized stores (like Hastens) but, once again, this stuff is worthless unless you are like really into luxury mattresses and post on mattressforum.
My mattress has some bobo-hippie-granola thing like organic bamboo inside and some other shit, I don't even remember who made it and it's not really more comfortable but I bet I am all validated as a consumer-being because of it. Don't be like me, this is moronic.post #61782 of 1090547/23/12 at 4:35pmFuuma's guide to buying a mattress part II:
-If you're an American or eat like one (we're all Americans in one way or another) and you complain your back hurts and think a luxury mattress will solve your problem well, fuck you fatso, just stop eating so many burgers, your back hurts because you're a fat tub of lard. No mattress will fix that, in fact you probably need something stiffer like a concrete floor or maybe a Japanese futon bed if you're not hardcore.
-If you're some 7'2" dude named Thorsten and are totally proud of your luxury-mattress wanker culture well fuck you! You need this shit because you're a gigantic barbarian invader, how is your skull collection doing? You Scandinavians are such raging alcoholics anyway, half the time you don't even make it to the bed, why do you guys care so much? You're like the Swiss of the North, the Italians had Botticelli, the french Soulages, the Greeks invented western philosophy (the only kind that matters), the americans triple penetration and so on for all the other ok people and all you have is your lame little luxury beds and annoying wooden furniture that all NYC lamers love to buy at second-hand stores that actually ask for a hand as payment.
-A final word on luxury bedsheets and thread count. Don't be a fucking moron, you wear clothes that aren't as soft as top Frette all day, everyday with no ill effect. You want some sheets, buy something decent and wash them a few times. If your little nipples get all irritated then maybe it is time for $1500 sheets, most of us non untermensch won't even feel the difference because we stopped taking baths with our mothers and faced the big bad world. You probably take pictures of your food at Michelin starred restaurants and describe yourself as a coffee-snob. Die. If you want luxury bedsheets anyway just read a little bit about them and go to ebay, there are like 3-5 companies that do good stuff and you'll pay maybe 25-50% of the sales price for new ones. Oh and buy white sheets, no one cares you got a great deal on these purple one, you look like a pedophile with your ridiculous bedsheets.
Edited by Fuuma - 7/23/12 at 4:46pmpost #61783 of 1090547/23/12 at 4:43pmpost #61784 of 1090547/23/12 at 4:56pmHaha, indeed. All I fucking want is an old-skool firm as fuck mattress. They're impossible to find these days, though. Everything has twelve inches of foam on top. I never had back problems until I started sleeping on a Luxury Pillow Top Mattress.post #61785 of 1090547/23/12 at 4:57pmMy RL golden bed topper sheet is so damn soft, smooth and comfy during hot summer days. Super light too (not sure what is the exact name for the bed accessory, bed sheet?)
It is unbelievably soft and smooth when it runs against my skin. Imagine the smoothest and softest long legged chick you've put your hands on, this is how the sheet feels.
I think it cost me somewhere like $25 at JcPenny, Macy's, or something
It was awesome when I still had the bed cover too and slept nude with my ex . . .
I guess the right way to describe it is that was breathable and did not retain heat during hot days so when you got into bed it felt unbelievable.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 32 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.