Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4083post #61231 of 1090537/11/12 at 7:59ampost #61232 of 1090537/11/12 at 8:00ampost #61233 of 1090537/11/12 at 8:01ampost #61234 of 1090537/11/12 at 8:42am
Well alright, I take some of my words back. They aren't exactly the same, but from my disappointing experience, I wouldn't recommend Margiela GATs to anyone. Paid about 200 usd (yoox) and they lasted for a month. The originals I bought 2 years ago from ebay.de for 30 usd shipped and are still in a decent condition.post #61235 of 1090537/11/12 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by CoMj
Well alright, I take some of my words back. They aren't exactly the same, but from my disappointing experience, I wouldn't recommend Margiela GATs to anyone. Paid about 200 usd (yoox) and they lasted for a month. The originals I bought 2 years ago from ebay.de for 30 usd shipped and are still in a decent condition.
Destroyed in a month? What were you doing in them? It must have been more than just walking around the hood.post #61236 of 1090537/11/12 at 8:54ampost #61237 of 1090537/11/12 at 9:01ampost #61238 of 1090537/11/12 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
someone did a very detailed comparison between the MMM GATs and the originals at some point, with pictures, etc. I can't find the post (search sucks) but maybe someone remembers where it was or has it bookmarked...
there were a lot of differences, the MMM ones may not be the longest-lasting shoes out there but their construction is much better than the originals from what I remember
Not what you were looking for, but here's a little write-up about GATs past/present.
http://theportastylistic.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-modern-classicgerman-army-sneaker.htmlpost #61239 of 1090537/11/12 at 9:51ampost #61240 of 1090537/11/12 at 9:56ampost #61241 of 1090537/11/12 at 10:00amMy GATs have been holding in fine as well and I don't treat them gently at all (they're sneakers, they're meant to get dirty). There's some dirt on the paint, the exposed leather parts have aged and the laces are no longer pristine but there's no actual damage to them. They're more comfortable than the day I bought them.post #61242 of 1090537/11/12 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by JuyLeQuote:This happened on mine as well afer a few months of wear. I brought them to a cobbler who added a piece of beige leather on both.Originally Posted by indesertum
My margiela lows after a few months wear. It might seem dirty but there's little wear on the sole.
It's also only on the right side. Apparently my right foot is a little bigger
How to fix? I don't want to have to buy a new pair as everything else is excellent. Will margiela fix it even tho they don't have to?
I've since then worn them for 4 years without any problem.
And that's how they look like now
I'll take em to a cobblerpost #61243 of 1090537/11/12 at 10:04ampost #61244 of 1090537/11/12 at 10:27amSo every morning when I get in the office my co-worker is internet shopping
This morning she was looking at shoes from an mall brand (Steve Madden) and complained that the selection was so poor at the moment.
For some reason I felt inclined to share my bit of knowledge and introduced her to the likes of Jeffrey Campbell ... then it spawned into SSENSE, TheCorner, Yoox ...
She immediately picked up a MJ handbag and was really curious about the prices and how I knew about the store. She was quite ecstatic about finding out about these stores and forbid me to ever let her daughter know (like I even talk to her).
Then she started talking about fashion and this Gucci internship her daughter had connections to and asked if I was interested. She said I had a good eye and I can start off styling celebrities
What she does not realize is that there are millions of art/design students and bloggers in LA who want to do the exact same thing, and I just read up on a fashion forum where I'm actually the worst dressed
I like to add that the showrooming affect is not as prolific as it seems. Everyone does it in the most basic money saving sense...but not to the extent that we may behave in terms of buying season after season of goods. There still lies a market that is untapped IMO, perhaps at the local level, that information can still be linked between the consumer and marketer/seller re: the anecdote with my co-worker
I really should utilize that $90 Adobe suite I picked up and start designing/creating a basic webpage ...post #61245 of 1090537/11/12 at 10:34am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 21 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...