or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4065

post #60961 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapp View Post

Aside from boots and shoes, is any of the other John Varvatos stuff worth it when on sale? (as in, really big sale so I can afford some of it).


i've picked up some JV stuff from Neiman/Saks discount stores for cheap (say $50) and thought it was great for that price. Just basic stuff though, would never pick up a 'main' piece like a leather jacket.
post #60962 of 97865
I've had some JV stuff, only thing I thought were kind of worth it were a pair of boots.
post #60963 of 97865
Just bought some stretch denim for the first time. They feel weirdly comfortable.
post #60964 of 97865
wait until you dry them
post #60965 of 97865
As in putting them in a dryer? Why in god's name would I ever do that to a pair of jeans?
post #60966 of 97865
I made the mistake with my nudies. They shrunk like 25%.... I had to stick the legs inside a door, shut it, and stretch them with every ounce of strength I had.
post #60967 of 97865
as i was walking toward Kamille, I passed by Poeme Boheme and Ann D SS13 private sales for buyers. Naturally I walked in to Ann and people assumed me to be a buyer so I got to browse everything. The footwear was atrocious and the garments were not really that exciting to be honest. Of course, Kamille was closed because they were out buying items for next spring's stock laugh.gif
At least the people were wearing nice Ann though some did seem to be a bit circus-y.

Also saw a guy wearing old school KVA crazy laces with white pants tucked in, sup snowman
post #60968 of 97865
sounds fun, though that's kind of disappointing that it didn't look good confused.gif
post #60969 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

sounds fun, though that's kind of disappointing that it didn't look good confused.gif

hah yeah i guess it is disappointing, then again i was rather disgusted in the damir store and the second time i went back they were screwed because the floors were done improperly so everything had to be re-stained, a week after opening. i'm starting to wonder if he knows what he's doing anymore lol8[1].gif i kid the croat nomad , but a lot of what looked fun in ss12 runway pics really disappointed in person, he needs better fabrics

(not that i know what i'm talking about but my perspective is heavily skewed after yohjioverload)

*edit: except the sneakers, he did them much better this season in my opinion. easier to wear and more comfy !
post #60970 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

as i was walking toward Kamille, I passed by Poeme Boheme and Ann D SS13 private sales for buyers. Naturally I walked in to Ann and people assumed me to be a buyer so I got to browse everything. The footwear was atrocious and the garments were not really that exciting to be honest. Of course, Kamille was closed because they were out buying items for next spring's stock laugh.gif
At least the people were wearing nice Ann though some did seem to be a bit circus-y.
Also saw a guy wearing old school KVA crazy laces with white pants tucked in, sup snowman


Suprised you didn't go and set fire to the Poeme Bohemien showroom.
post #60971 of 97865
sup shah, how you feelin bout them gunners icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #60972 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

Suprised you didn't go and set fire to the Poeme Bohemien showroom.

i am a man of peace, and in any case i was far too distracted by the absurdity of drawpcrawtch everywhere
post #60973 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

hah yeah i guess it is disappointing, then again i was rather disgusted in the damir store and the second time i went back they were screwed because the floors were done improperly so everything had to be re-stained, a week after opening. i'm starting to wonder if he knows what he's doing anymore lol8[1].gif i kid the croat nomad , but a lot of what looked fun in ss12 runway pics really disappointed in person, he needs better fabrics
(not that i know what i'm talking about but my perspective is heavily skewed after yohjioverload)
*edit: except the sneakers, he did them much better this season in my opinion. easier to wear and more comfy !

hah, you make it sound like he built the showroom himself. I think your newfound love for Yohji has blinded you to everything else. i've looked at a bunch of the ss12 stuff side by side with yohji and the damir I saw was very nice. not necessarily better, but I wouldn't say it was worse either.
post #60974 of 97865
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

hah, you make it sound like he built the showroom himself. I think your newfound love for Yohji has blinded you to everything else. i've looked at a bunch of the ss12 stuff side by side with yohji and the damir I saw was very nice. not necessarily better, but I wouldn't say it was worse either.

well he was off in his nikes while others were busy screwing up

some of the knits felt like paper towels whereas everything YY is dangerously attractive, you just want to keep touching it all the time !
post #60975 of 97865
I just saw my local neighborhood homeless guy in Ugg boots, fake Cazals and a dip dye sweat shirt wtf?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts