or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 3984  

post #59746 of 109053
help me settle a debate with a friend: should one remove the four stitches that are, in effect, the margiela equivalent of a logo from a suit and cardigan? (i say yes...but he refuses to comply...)
post #59747 of 109053
I don't remove them, but it's your clothes, do what you want.
post #59748 of 109053
There is no "should" - each can do whatever they want but if your question is whether the tag is meant to be cut and removed, I would say no, it isn't.
post #59749 of 109053
Cardigan no, suit, yes
post #59750 of 109053
i got quoted 52.50 (prolly plus tax) for crotch repair and a slight restitching on the side seams for a pair of APC new standards.

-_- what to do. is basically my one pair of jeans
post #59751 of 109053
Never seen a MMM suit with the four stitches in the yoke... confused.gif
post #59752 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i got quoted 52.50 (prolly plus tax) for crotch repair and a slight restitching on the side seams for a pair of APC new standards.
-_- what to do. is basically my one pair of jeans
I'm guessing you're using a mail-it-in denim repair service? If that price turns you off, you could bring some denim swatches to your neighborhood tailor and ask them to do a patch up job using those swatches. Would cost a fifth your quoted price, and they'd likely do a good job.
post #59753 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Never seen a MMM suit with the four stitches in the yoke... confused.gif

I assumed the stitches were probably on the rear of the trousers.
post #59754 of 109053
edit...wrong thread
post #59755 of 109053
at that price you may as well buy a new pair
post #59756 of 109053
Dunno, man...depending on the jeans, their awesomeness, your history together -- that could be like saying you should get a new girlfriend because your anniversary dinner will be expensive.
post #59757 of 109053
(7)?
post #59758 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

do recent Margiela blazers run small? looked at measurements on one I like and the chest seemed tiny, so much so that I suspect it's a measuring error.

I bought a 46 from current season, fit seems fine. I am usually a 44-46 in MMM (there are two basic cuts; reg and slim, should be written on the tag)...
post #59759 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Dunno, man...depending on the jeans, their awesomeness, your history together -- that could be like saying you should get a new girlfriend because your anniversary dinner will be expensive.

yes, it's exactly like that. wow.
post #59760 of 109053
Has anyone ever ordered a Superfuture city guide book (pdf)? Opinions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts