Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:46 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3949post #59221 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:42pmI don't contact any of my buyers on eBay. It's pretty much assumed everything is processing normally unless it's been an unreasonable period of time. Ebay sends emails every step of the way so I think people don't feel the need to communicate further. I hate when buyers when an auction and I don't hear anything for a week while waiting on payments it works both ways I guess.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59222 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:46pmAuburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.post #59223 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #59224 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by dmash
Auburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.
That is exactly what I have done!
To VLSI: Of course it goes both ways.
I think we are all largely in agreement, in that communication is nice and sometimes necessary, and that in an ideal world everyone would be prompt in paying and shipping items.post #59225 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:55pmSpeaking of nit picking...
I bought a pair of bnib shoes and they arrived in a crumpled shipping box without the shoe box. Listing stated "with box". The shipping box was plenty big enough to fit the shoe box. I didn't get any special deal, paid on the high end of market value. Do I have a right to bitch? I generally keep the boxes for.my nicer shoes.post #59226 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:00pmpost #59227 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:03pmpost #59228 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
the Bay Area gets pretty cold, and a winter wardrobe is always better than summer.post #59229 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #59230 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pm
I always send personal messages when I see someone's bought my item.
For me it's just a matter of showing that I'm aware of it and acting professionally.
It's the way I would like the seller to behave so makes sense for me to do the same.
Also pretty much guarantees you won't get neg rep for whatever reason, even when you're dealing with assholes.post #59231 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:13pm
Yea I know. I was there a few weeks ago and even in March it was ~70F during the day. I bike commute/exercise before work and then shower+change once I get there. Basically trying to work out if it will have cooled down enough by the evening that I could stand pants if I go out. Otherwise it'll be back to prep staplespost #59232 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:22pmeBay now requires its sellers to specify handling time. Starting next month, sellers have to upload tracking information within their stated handling time for 90 percent of their transactions if they want to still qualify for Top Rated Seller status. TRS status is essentially the new Powerseller status. It's irrelevant for the occasional seller, but could have an impact on regular sellers, since eBay manipulates its default search results to show items from members who are TRS before items from those who are not.
Another change is that sellers who offer a one-day handling time AND a 14-day return policy will get the most exposure in search results. Anyone who's sold more than a few things on eBay will know how stupid that last clause is.post #59233 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #59234 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:35pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Neumok Wingtip Oxfords, 9D, with AE shoe trees 6 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan