Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 10/16/15 at 7:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3949post #59221 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:42pmI don't contact any of my buyers on eBay. It's pretty much assumed everything is processing normally unless it's been an unreasonable period of time. Ebay sends emails every step of the way so I think people don't feel the need to communicate further. I hate when buyers when an auction and I don't hear anything for a week while waiting on payments it works both ways I guess.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59222 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:46pmAuburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.post #59223 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #59224 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by dmash
Auburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.
That is exactly what I have done!
To VLSI: Of course it goes both ways.
I think we are all largely in agreement, in that communication is nice and sometimes necessary, and that in an ideal world everyone would be prompt in paying and shipping items.post #59225 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:55pmSpeaking of nit picking...
I bought a pair of bnib shoes and they arrived in a crumpled shipping box without the shoe box. Listing stated "with box". The shipping box was plenty big enough to fit the shoe box. I didn't get any special deal, paid on the high end of market value. Do I have a right to bitch? I generally keep the boxes for.my nicer shoes.post #59226 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:00pmpost #59227 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:03pmpost #59228 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
the Bay Area gets pretty cold, and a winter wardrobe is always better than summer.post #59229 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #59230 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pm
I always send personal messages when I see someone's bought my item.
For me it's just a matter of showing that I'm aware of it and acting professionally.
It's the way I would like the seller to behave so makes sense for me to do the same.
Also pretty much guarantees you won't get neg rep for whatever reason, even when you're dealing with assholes.post #59231 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:13pm
Yea I know. I was there a few weeks ago and even in March it was ~70F during the day. I bike commute/exercise before work and then shower+change once I get there. Basically trying to work out if it will have cooled down enough by the evening that I could stand pants if I go out. Otherwise it'll be back to prep staplespost #59232 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:22pmeBay now requires its sellers to specify handling time. Starting next month, sellers have to upload tracking information within their stated handling time for 90 percent of their transactions if they want to still qualify for Top Rated Seller status. TRS status is essentially the new Powerseller status. It's irrelevant for the occasional seller, but could have an impact on regular sellers, since eBay manipulates its default search results to show items from members who are TRS before items from those who are not.
Another change is that sellers who offer a one-day handling time AND a 14-day return policy will get the most exposure in search results. Anyone who's sold more than a few things on eBay will know how stupid that last clause is.post #59233 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #59234 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:35pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Atlanta Tailors 55 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 19 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 22 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 26 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories