Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3949post #59221 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:42pmI don't contact any of my buyers on eBay. It's pretty much assumed everything is processing normally unless it's been an unreasonable period of time. Ebay sends emails every step of the way so I think people don't feel the need to communicate further. I hate when buyers when an auction and I don't hear anything for a week while waiting on payments it works both ways I guess.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59222 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:46pmAuburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.post #59223 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmpost #59224 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by dmash
Auburn you sound like a guy that I hate winning my eBay auctions. You're sort of nit picking man. You sit here and say you don't even care if he doesn't send the item for a week, so how about you give it 3 days to see if tracking is uploaded. If it's not, THEN message him and be like 'Hi, just double checking to see that the item was shipped out yet and if so, would appreciate a tracking number, thanks!'
Simple as that.
That is exactly what I have done!
To VLSI: Of course it goes both ways.
I think we are all largely in agreement, in that communication is nice and sometimes necessary, and that in an ideal world everyone would be prompt in paying and shipping items.post #59225 of 1090545/23/12 at 12:55pmSpeaking of nit picking...
I bought a pair of bnib shoes and they arrived in a crumpled shipping box without the shoe box. Listing stated "with box". The shipping box was plenty big enough to fit the shoe box. I didn't get any special deal, paid on the high end of market value. Do I have a right to bitch? I generally keep the boxes for.my nicer shoes.post #59226 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:00pmpost #59227 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:03pmpost #59228 of 1090545/23/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
the Bay Area gets pretty cold, and a winter wardrobe is always better than summer.post #59229 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #59230 of 1090545/23/12 at 2:19pm
I always send personal messages when I see someone's bought my item.
For me it's just a matter of showing that I'm aware of it and acting professionally.
It's the way I would like the seller to behave so makes sense for me to do the same.
Also pretty much guarantees you won't get neg rep for whatever reason, even when you're dealing with assholes.post #59231 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:13pm
Yea I know. I was there a few weeks ago and even in March it was ~70F during the day. I bike commute/exercise before work and then shower+change once I get there. Basically trying to work out if it will have cooled down enough by the evening that I could stand pants if I go out. Otherwise it'll be back to prep staplespost #59232 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:22pmeBay now requires its sellers to specify handling time. Starting next month, sellers have to upload tracking information within their stated handling time for 90 percent of their transactions if they want to still qualify for Top Rated Seller status. TRS status is essentially the new Powerseller status. It's irrelevant for the occasional seller, but could have an impact on regular sellers, since eBay manipulates its default search results to show items from members who are TRS before items from those who are not.
Another change is that sellers who offer a one-day handling time AND a 14-day return policy will get the most exposure in search results. Anyone who's sold more than a few things on eBay will know how stupid that last clause is.post #59233 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #59234 of 1090545/23/12 at 4:35pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 9 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...