Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 3917  

post #58741 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

^Docs have been trying to put me on TRT for a while Fuj. My test is actually about 200ng/dl at 22. There's 70 year old guys with more test than me :ember: If you've never gotten your test levels checked before you should.
It's a miracle I can even workout and get as big as I can. I'm constantly tired because of it though. Thinking about just taking the plunge soon as it's been affecting my ability to study as much as I used to because I'm so tired. Worried about potentially becoming sterile is the only thing holding me back.


fucking hell thats horrific, 200ng? Is this real life? Freeze your sperm and start pinning your glutes. I've read a lot of horror stories about doctors not understanding half lives and stuff and giving people test prop injections every other week and messing up there hormone levels.


Whats adderal even do? Is it like a stimulant? Are there even schools hard enough to justify it in Florida? Mum went to school at university of south Florida, sounds really easy, american system in general sounds easier.
post #58742 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

pronxs, shut up. the conversations on waywt and RFT the past few days have been way more interesting than talking about whether some dude should size up on his size 0 boo because he's popping buttons. I think in general the populace on sf is very educated, so the fact that we can have educated discussions on completely random topics is awesome and should be appreciated.
also, noobizer, to the thumbs up comment you left me, no, being short does not give me sympathy for fat people, because they are totally different thing. genetics made me short. foods/laziness (in general) make fat people fat. i can't make myself taller. but i have made myself way skinnier than i was as a kid/skinnier than most people in my family with exercise/healthy eating.
also, i'm on a two week adderall and caffeine binge, so this conversation coupled with all the fat kids i see in the library who haven't left all semester are pissing me off.

Your predisposition towards narcissism addictions has the same genesis that overeating / obesity does

Its all in the genes baby
post #58743 of 109053

Fuji, think back to the last time you had to write a 10-page paper.  It's kinda a shitty feeling, right? You know it's going to take like 5 hours and you're going to be miserable.  Now imagine there's a little pill you can buy from the kid down the hall for $4 that makes that five hours more fun than a room full of puppies and guarantees you an A and you'll probably compulsively clean your whole apartment in the time you save.

 

It's not that school is too hard, it's that pills costs less than a beer and make everything super easy.  And yeah, it's clean speed, exact same drug.

post #58744 of 109053
I love how people abuse speed with a what could be possibly go wrong attitude

Dat late onset increased risk of anxiety and depression anti-swag
post #58745 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

come on man, genetics plays a huge part in how much weight you keep.

yeah i agree that genetics can make someone more predisposed to be slightly chubby as opposed to being rail thin, but if you believe that genetics are to blame for people who are morbidly obese, then that's just absurd.

to bring things full circle, we should just give fat people adder all, problem solved.
post #58746 of 109053
intradesting. How do people get prescriptions for it so easily? I don't think i've ever wrote a paper more then like 3 pages and that was years ago. Disregard writing subjects acquire maths/moneys
post #58747 of 109053
Its genetics man

Seriously people thought that blacks were ethnically dumber and alcoholism is purely choice years ago etc etc

So much of who and what we are is just random genetic luck, its almost hubris to think anything else
post #58748 of 109053
that silent braided belt reminded me of star wars or something, but then I clicked the fit pic and thought it actually looked kinda cool. maybe best to wear it with black clothing only?

regarding whether obesity makes you unhealthy, from the little I've read it appears to be more a symptom of poor health than a cause, if that makes sense. so you can be fat and still be in relatively good health, but if you're fat you're more likely to be unhealthy.
post #58749 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Its genetics man

Seriously people thought that blacks were ethnically dumber and alcoholism is purely choice years ago etc etc

So much of who and what we are is just random genetic luck, its almost hubris to think anything else

so what, your genetic composition doesn't supercede free will and ability to exercise restraint. just because you have a genetic predisposition doesn't mean you have to impulsively eat 18 macdonalds + cheese and fries or drink 20 litres of moonshine a day

i have a genetic predisposition for addiction to top-grade saffron and freshly roasted pistachios but you don't see me munching on it like a damn squirrel day in and day out foo.gif

pickpack i'm gonna move that post's content to the The StyleForum Runway & High Fashion Thread because this place is now hopeless
post #58750 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

fucking hell thats horrific, 200ng? Is this real life? Freeze your sperm and start pinning your glutes. I've read a lot of horror stories about doctors not understanding half lives and stuff and giving people test prop injections every other week and messing up there hormone levels.
Whats adderal even do? Is it like a stimulant? Are there even schools hard enough to justify it in Florida? Mum went to school at university of south Florida, sounds really easy, american system in general sounds easier.


Yup, 100%, it's mind blowing. I have literally been looking into it......the whole freezing thing is pretty expensive though frown.gif It sucks that my 'genetic potential' is capped because of my low test, not really due to anything else. I know my shit though, my dad is actually on TRT and I printed off a ton of stuff for him to give his doc to switch his prescription from every other week to every week. Gotta be once a week for stabilization.


Hah, I went to USF before going to UF where I'm at now. USF is pretty easy besides a few science classes that are of course hard. I'd say FL is pretty easy as a whole with UF and UM definitely being the hardest. I have friends in Philly and NYC in undergrad so I can compare.



TBH though, it's getting to where undergrad isn't even that huge of a deal and graduate work is where it counts.
post #58751 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

intradesting. How do people get prescriptions for it so easily? I don't think i've ever wrote a paper more then like 3 pages and that was years ago. Disregard writing subjects acquire maths/moneys

 

Health care system is fucked up here.  You basically just make a doctor's appointment and say you have trouble focusing.  

 

I was writing something like 20 pages a week my last semester at school confused.gif.

post #58752 of 109053
my body is a temple
post #58753 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Its genetics man
Seriously people thought that blacks were ethnically dumber and alcoholism is purely choice years ago etc etc
So much of who and what we are is just random genetic luck, its almost hubris to think anything else

you honestly believe that genetics is the cause of morbid obesity?

Obesity1.jpeg
post #58754 of 109053
it is a contributory factor.
post #58755 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

so what, your genetic composition doesn't supercede free will and ability to exercise restraint. just because you have a genetic predisposition doesn't mean you have to impulsively eat 18 macdonalds + cheese and fries or drink 20 litres of moonshine a day
i have a genetic predisposition for addiction to top-grade saffron and freshly roasted pistachios but you don't see me munching on it like a damn squirrel day in and day out foo.gif
pickpack i'm gonna move that post's content to the The StyleForum Runway & High Fashion Thread because this place is now hopeless


I would look at it the same way that heroin / sex / crack addicts are, self-control is easy for people who are in control and aren't personality disordered.

50% of people who are in hospital substance withdrawal programs meet the criteria for personality disorder, of which again, there are significant genetic links for risk and development.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts