Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3906post #58576 of 1090545/12/12 at 4:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58577 of 1090545/12/12 at 5:08pmQuote:Wearing these right now. OMF are they comfy. And they look a lot looser than in the picture unless the model is wearing a 44.Originally Posted by habitant
I got the 10$ pants right hurrr.. well he's going to have to spend a bit more than 200$
http://www.ssense.com/men/product/robert_geller/black_andreas_pants/48965post #58578 of 1090545/12/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
While, I'm a big proponent of lifting heavy and not really caring about getting too big for clothing..
I can understand why people want to stay a certain size to fit into their clothing. I don't know why it doesn't make any sense to you. Seems pretty simple and common sense to me. Some people don't enjoy lifting as much as looking good in clothing. It is what it is and makes perfect sense.
If you compared me and another guy that's my height and 170, the other guy is going to look a shit ton better than I will in the same outfit.post #58579 of 1090545/12/12 at 5:29pmpost #58580 of 1090545/12/12 at 5:39pmpost #58581 of 1090545/12/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
I thought there used to be an NYC shopping thread in SWD, but maybe I'm just imagining that.
I'm kind of jealous that you're going to Eleven Madison Park. It should be a great meal.post #58582 of 1090545/12/12 at 6:05pmpost #58583 of 1090545/12/12 at 7:08pmpost #58584 of 1090545/12/12 at 8:22pmpost #58585 of 1090545/12/12 at 8:35pmpost #58586 of 1090545/12/12 at 9:19pmpost #58587 of 1090545/12/12 at 10:37pmOn the subject of keeping weight down to fit in clothes- I am currently in the process of losing some lbs to get a better fit with my pants and some outerwear. I'm not big by any means but fairly athletic and have had trouble with slimmer fitting clothing. There comes a point where your build and genetics will eventually limit you, but as long as you're healthy and eating well it's totally reasonable to change your size. I have definitely learned some aesthetics are just not for me thoughpost #58588 of 1090545/12/12 at 11:26pmQuote:
Ok? When you have 12"+ drop and huge thighs nothing whatsoever will fit you.post #58589 of 1090545/13/12 at 3:15am
I´m kinda beginning to understand not wanting to get bigger to keep fitting well into clothes. I have this really nice prorsum sweater that I love wearing, but It´s xs (´cause there wasn´t any other size available and I really wanted to get it). It hugs my body quite a bit now, but I don´t mind because it´s not annoying. The thing is I think if exercising at the gym keeps going well, I won´t be able to fit anymore into it; and it wasn´t a cheap purchase. I´m obviously gonna continue going to the gym because I can always sell it I can´t wear it. So I think the lesson is (for me at least): keep working out and just don´t buy clothes in such small sizespost #58590 of 1090545/13/12 at 10:11amI find it annoying that so many shops run contests that require we 'like' them on Facebook. Is Facebook really that necessary? Whatever happened to good ol' newsletters? Personally, I think Facebook is the Antichrist.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Polo Ralph Lauren (Blue Label) Madras Blazer. Custom Fit 40R. NWT! 27 seconds ago
- › Meermin NST Shell Cordovan. Size 11 UK. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...