or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 3898  

post #58456 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

proxy me a kurta one day? inlove.gif

i have those geller shorts. should sell redface.gif

sure thing next time i pick some up i'll get in touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogbog View Post

how do you guys wear silent shirts without feeling like it's a dress

by embracing the volume everywhere
post #58457 of 109053
what I really am trying to say is that allsaints heavily imitates the look they have, it doesn't mean I'm saying they all look alike. It's just that allsaints intentionally distresses them a certain way throughout the shoe and sole, and also tries to mimic the toebox of some of the labels both in shape and style. Some things are put in to still make it "allsaints" but its still readily apparent.
post #58458 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

what I really am trying to say is that allsaints heavily imitates the look they have, it doesn't mean I'm saying they all look alike. It's just that allsaints intentionally distresses them a certain way throughout the shoe and sole, and also tries to mimic the toebox of some of the labels both in shape and style. Some things are put in to still make it "allsaints" but its still readily apparent.

man you could say the same thing about guidi.
post #58459 of 109053

so allsaints makes $170 boots that look like $700 boots and you're saying this is bad because....eh.gif

post #58460 of 109053
Where does imitation stop and "looking alike" begin?

Edit: what's the difference?
post #58461 of 109053
I guess I don't understand how all saints doesn't have an identity but the half dozen brands copying Carpe do.
post #58462 of 109053
Shah, intent has nothing to do with it. That author has been dead for a loooong ass time.
post #58463 of 109053

lane: keeping those damn plebs out of fashunz since 2010

post #58464 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist View Post

I guess I don't understand how all saints doesn't have an identity but the half dozen brands copying Carpe do.

how are they copying when they use to work under the label? They all bring their own flavor into it, and basically are already part of that aesthetic.


Also, allsaints has a Julius style leather, carpe diem/augusta looking boots, and the soloist sweaters, with rick beanies, and etc all in one store.

some identity
post #58465 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

guys, what the fuck am i going to wear this summer?

vnecks, sleeveless tees, sleeveless button ups, shorts, light cotton pants, damir shorts, bless shorts etc

ps what happened to that du's penis?
post #58466 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

how are they copying when they use to work under the label? They all bring their own flavor into it, and basically are already part of that aesthetic.


Lane this is a terrible argument and just doesn't make sense.

Thank god the fashion industry doesn't think like you otherwise we'd only be able to purchase shitty raincoats made by Mac and Levis denim.
post #58467 of 109053
can someone tell me what's original about the shape of carpes? most of them are extremely basic boot styles that are influenced by footwear from the 20s, 30s and 40s. what's 'unique' is the leather treatments..
post #58468 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane 
this incessant insistence
If someone with a lisp were to read your thumbs comment aloud, they'd probably hate you right now
post #58469 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist View Post

I guess I don't understand how all saints doesn't have an identity but the half dozen brands copying Carpe do.


No, you just don't understand the differences between the brands. If you really understood the philosophy behind the designs and like saw them in person you'd see that the black drapey shit made by every obscure japanese brand is completely different.


I paid like $60 for my all saints boots, not a single fuck was given if they don't have an identity whatever that means.
post #58470 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Lane this is a terrible argument and just doesn't make sense.
Thank god the fashion industry doesn't think like you otherwise we'd only be able to purchase shitty raincoats made by Mac and Levis denim.

well, each of them if i recall correctly had a hand in production of items under carpe diem, and now use their knowledge to produce their own stuff. The woman under individual sentiments makes pretty distinct stuff compared to augusta and MA+. I don't see how they are all just making carpe diem copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

No, you just don't understand the differences between the brands. If you really understood the philosophy behind the designs and like saw them in person you'd see that the black drapey shit made by every obscure japanese brand is completely different.
I paid like $60 for my all saints boots, not a single fuck was given if they don't have an identity whatever that means.

lol, we arent even discussing black drapey shit. Man, this is as bad as talking about gay marriage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts