Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 11/29/16 at 11:24pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3810post #57136 of 1090534/20/12 at 2:15pmpost #57137 of 1090534/20/12 at 2:16pm
Well, thank heavens for that....forewarned is forearmed.
Yeah, black suit....
For dress shoes, I don't know....I would get a pair of black Church's or Alden's and treat it as an investment, cannot go wrong with them anywhere....otherwise, Ferragamo (Tramezza line or Lavorazione Originale)...post #57138 of 1090534/20/12 at 2:26pmSome random thoughts, sort of related: When I began reading this thread, I didn't think it would change my taste in clothing so much. While I still appreciate most of the things I liked before, I now dislike pieces which look new - unless they're very formal, as in tuxedos or the like. I like a lot of the pics shah post, despite the styles often being very different from what I wear. I loved a couple of the pics from the Decoster Concept or what it was called. You're doing a good job in general with the pics in this thread, shah. I'm also starting to like looser clothing better - for example, it's not been long since I realized that I shouldn't taper my pants too much. I'm not sure drapey or Yohji-style clothing would fit my body type well, however, even if I had the money.
Speaking of Yohji, some time ago I dreamt I was sitting next to him at some dinner party, which was rather strange; most of the guests were family members. I remember speaking to him, but not what I spoke to him about. He came across as a nice and calm guy, though. The dream was a gentle reminder of the fact that I might be spending too much time reading about clothing.post #57139 of 1090534/20/12 at 3:48pmpost #57140 of 1090534/20/12 at 5:31pmpost #57141 of 1090534/20/12 at 5:49pmpost #57142 of 1090534/20/12 at 7:55pmpost #57143 of 1090534/20/12 at 9:01pmearlier this morning i dabbled some serge lutens, the ambre sultan. i was transported to a far off place, perhaps an an earlier time, an exotic épicerie. i'll spare the soliloquy for the time being, but I've yet to finishing going through the new collection--I passed out after too many whiffs !
Then later in the afternoon I showered and readied for the evening, tried some rose oud by killian. It reminded me of rosa damascena oil ...post #57144 of 1090534/21/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
earlier this morning i dabbled some serge lutens, the ambre sultan. i was transported to a far off place, perhaps an an earlier time, an exotic épicerie. i'll spare the soliloquy for the time being, but I've yet to finishing going through the new collection--I passed out after too many whiffs !
Then later in the afternoon I showered and readied for the evening, tried some rose oud by killian. It reminded me of rosa damascena oil ...
ok, you have very much piqued my curiosity....tell me more...
What else do you have in this Aladdin's cave that somehow landed itself in your bathroom?
Rose is out for me, it just reminds me of my Mum and my Grandma.....but Ambre Sultan...I can see myself a Sultan.....post #57145 of 1090534/21/12 at 1:22ampost #57146 of 1090534/21/12 at 5:03ampost #57147 of 1090534/21/12 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by candrew
I'm also looking for black derbies.
I was going to get:
RAF Chain Church Shoes
but there's no more existing size 42 in that style.
I was also going to try to get:
Tim Coppens SS 12 Derbies
But they're also nowhere to be found. If someone could find the RAF Simons Chain Derby in sz 42, I'd be forever grateful.
Those Tim Coppens are awesome, never even heard of the brandpost #57148 of 1090534/21/12 at 5:17ampost #57149 of 1090534/21/12 at 5:33ampost #57150 of 1090534/21/12 at 5:44amGuessing by the wtb in your sig, you're okay with a boot around $400? If so, this one is pretty sweet too:
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official RRL Thread 27 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway