Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 8/3/15 at 6:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3788post #56806 of 1090544/13/12 at 9:29am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56807 of 1090544/13/12 at 9:30amtween i could see you in this silent piece for that keith haring vibe
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=LA524&des=LA8&cat=&gender=men&group=&vendorColor=NTI=&season=actual&seasProdID=55Ipost #56808 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:03ambeen thinking about wearing a suit casually a lot lately. something in a darker colour, preferably charcoal, but black or a deep navy could work. for shirt, was thinking about a paisley print, or something floral and have it buttoned all the way to the top. am I nuts?post #56809 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:09am
Nah, doesn't Parker do that successfully pretty often? I want to do the same with that Ann suit I found on ebay, I don't have the right clothes to go with it though. I'm thinking a really loose white t-shirt and, strangely, feel like it'll only look good with sandals, but I haven't seen anything that would work that wasn't really expensive.post #56810 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:31amQuote:
I have meet one SFer in real life, briefly. Seemed like a real good guy.
I don't know why someone would be concerned about meeting SFers in person. Maybe people fear that the internet persona they have developed will be exposed as bullshitpost #56811 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:51am
I had a dream, not long ago....where I went to a big meeting where many SF people gathered.
It was a bit strange/magical...and many SF people were behaving exactly as I imagine they behave in real-life.
I won't share the full dream...I'll just share this--it was at a big theatre (opera/stage theatre)....amongst the many many things that were going on with the many SF people who were there....
Mr and Mrs Moo were behaving very rudely, like animals, very loud...for some reason, they were on the stage, shouting at the poor guys who were trying to fix the big red stage curtain...I was in a gallery, and I took a bet from another member who was with me to "shoe bomb" Mr Moo with one of my Alden Cordovan shoes....I took the bet...but I accidentally bulls-eyed Mrs Moo, who collapsed...Oh God, I was taught it's a sin to hit a woman....There was a big mob of people on the stage who gathered around her and were gasping in shock.....I thought I'd killed her, I made a run for it out of the building, knocking over the SF member (I don't remember his name, he lives in Korea and is a long-time member) who was coming in with about 10 Korean girls on his arms...they all shrieked as Asian girls do as I stampeded out of the building and rushed into a cab outside and said "Go! go!"....I looked back as the cab sped away I saw Ivwri enter the building, with his bouncy walk using more tip-toe than heel (I don't know how I got to imagine this)...he was supremely confidently, carrying some giant stick or staff, and dressed as a witchdoctor...post #56812 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Miran2
I was in a gallery, and I took a bet from another member who was with me to "shoe bomb" Mr Moo with one of my Alden Cordovan shoes....I took the bet...but I accidentally bulls-eyed Mrs Moo, who collapsed...Oh God, I was taught it's a sin to hit a woman....There was a big mob of people on the stage who gathered around her and were gasping in shock.....I thought I'd killed her, I made a run for it out of the building, knocking over the SF member
So basically,post #56813 of 1090544/13/12 at 11:59ampost #56814 of 1090544/13/12 at 12:00pmpost #56815 of 1090544/13/12 at 12:34pm
It was so strange, Tween_spirit...but it was more like a witchdoctor than a shaolin...lots of things dangling off of him....raccoon tails, bells, etc...plus a huge stick like Skeletor had in He-Man, with a skull.
It was my brother Teger who dared me to shoe-bomb Mr Moo....the event was in DC, at the same theatre where Lincoln was shot (is that theatre still around?)...and my brother Teger was giving me a giuded tour of the gallery where Lincoln was shot. We discussed American democracy, how it survived the Civil War under Lincoln's leadership, etc etc...my brother Teger was very learned and was sharing a lot.
I think the SF event was a talent/performance show...and the Moos were performing a duet first or something and they were on first...except the curtain wasn't working, and this drove them up the wall! They had thick Russian accents, were very very rude, and screamed...they were surrounded by people saying "It's a'right, dude...just let it slide"...and "Yo yo.calm down, they'll fix it!"...but the Moos were relentless in their tirade...
I should also mention that the event was organized by Shah, who was a no-show!!! (at least during all the time before I absconded). I was waiting for some giant pimped-out elephant to enter with Shah, pimped out as a Moghul emperor, sitting on top...but nothing materialized.post #56816 of 1090544/13/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
This is looks really nice. I like how they're using green there. It seems like whenever one of these primarily white/black/grays brands does a color it's red, which feels very high school goth to me. I'm looking at you, Julius.post #56817 of 1090544/13/12 at 12:54pmpost #56818 of 1090544/13/12 at 1:03pmQuote:
I said i liked the idea of color-ninja and everybody just made fun of me saying that the only ninjas that use color were from mortal kombat
alternatively:post #56819 of 1090544/13/12 at 1:05pmpost #56820 of 1090544/13/12 at 1:15pmQuote:
See, nothing awkward if the people aren't awkward. There are some people I hadn't really interracted on the net but saw their pics/knew of that I met in really weird context and everything was fine (like mikenouveau who was living in Paris for a while and spotted me at L'éclaireur). People that aren't nice to hang out with often are also annoying online. Oh and I met Fok and Jeremy (site owners) and they were fine. As long as people enjoy having a good time and talking about design/art/cigars/food/whatever beside clothing everything is dandy.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 12 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 31 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...