Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 3682  

post #55216 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

I feel this is mostly out of frustration that you, as a young professional probably of average age here, are unable to achieve some level of success as determined by the "trend-monkeys"

Come on pimpin, you know this was never my goal for posting. Is it yours?

I can make a list of people that, to me, look completely ridiculous and stupid on SWD. Some of these folks get no praise, and others get heaps of it. The amount of praise plays no role in how I perceive their look, and is not an outward attack on the trogs that you deem it to be. I am sure that I would be on such a list for other people as well. Nothing is veiled, as you say. I think that I tell people what I think rather freely.
post #55217 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Come on pimpin, you know this was never my goal for posting. Is it yours?

I can make a list of people that, to me, look completely ridiculous and stupid on SWD. Some of these folks get no praise, and others get heaps of it. The amount of praise plays no role in how I perceive their look, and is not an outward attack on the trogs that you deem it to be. I am sure that I would be on such a list for other people as well. Nothing is veiled, as you say. I think that I tell people what I think rather freely.

No, validation is certainly not a goal and should never be one, anything beyond seeking advice is getting a bit too weird, whether in MC or SWD. I imagine this a community to share adventures through aesthetics. Your clarification here is helpful, but I would add that you can certainly make a list of MC [casual] that is atrocious as well. I don't think it's ever been denied that not all are equal dressers. Also, the thumbs up is not a reflection of what's good and what isn't, really. There are plenty of great things that get a lot of remarks, and plenty of mediocre ones that do too. It's much more from an artistic/aesthetic gaze, I imagine. And this is getting a bit thesartorialist, but image composition, scenery, quality of photograph, and, like you (I think it was you?) once mentioned, the user, all go into some as of yet unknown formula for determining how many thumbs up a photo will get*. But these kind of grand , sweeping generalizations about either subsection aren't really valid when held up to the least bit of scrutiny. And it really falls apart when you throw in other fora (sorry brad-t to make an example of you here) like uncontrol's 20+ thumbs up here getting simply ridiculed on sz as k-pop overcomplication. but again, he doesn't post it there to get a pat on the head, but because it can offer him a perspective for reconsidering certain things he had possibly overlooked in outfit, if anything (that jacket...). I had one more point but forgot it and I didn't reread what I've written.

* I know this formula, because somehow I said bows would reach 37 and he did until steveoffice saw someone point this out and trolled his way to #38 with a grin, cheek to cheek.
post #55218 of 109053
Shah you are the best thing that happened to this thread in ever, thanks for posting the photos daily.
post #55219 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I forgot I came here with a question.
Who makes good socks for under $20/pair that are thicker than "dress" socks/would work well with boots? Preferably made of wool.

Like, you don't really care what they look? Smartwool/wigwam socks...you can get the "light" hiking ones which are just pretty much super comfortable wool socks, not necessarily for hiking. Dunno if that's what you're looking for, but I wear my SW and wigs for all my boots...danners, w+h, side zips etc
post #55220 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaquiran View Post


I had a feeling red wings and flannels were gonna be somewhere in this vid. This is not a guy who can give any real advice since he is a victim of the willyburg movement.
post #55221 of 109053
but he wrote a book!
post #55222 of 109053
i like the dudes hair fwiw
post #55223 of 109053
i dunno i almost can't believe he's being serious, especially how he's like "hey girl in sack. you are hot, you should allow me to objectify you and tell you this is actually how you're supposed to do it." if that was earnest, then he is a mega-douche
post #55224 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

I feel this is mostly out of frustration that you, as a young professional probably of average age here, are unable to achieve some level of success as determined by the "trend-monkeys" and hence keep returning no longer with attempts but now thinly veiled criticism under the guise of some innocent messenger informing the troglodytes here as if they were completely unaware of what existed elsewhere. Sorry, but I have to call it how I see it Moo, nothing personal against you, and I still think your short-suit with high socks and salmon tie might be the best fit transcending boundaries of both MC and SWD.

lol
teacha.gif
post #55225 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Except the idea of a bunch of lawyers/doctors/business men dictating what's cool/not cool when it comes to clothing/fashion is laughable. I think SW&D is more impervious to criticism than MC because it's dynamic and not static. Plus, so many different styles and approaches are offered here, it becomes difficult to target one particular aesthetic and reduce it to being the singular "SW&D Outift".
Actually, I'd be pretty interested to see what the MCers think of Snowman's fits, someone should post some of his best over there and see what sorta reaction they get (someone less lazy than i)

If this does happen, Id like to hear what they think. I've got some casual fits and im sure they'll like the fabric of the stat-ment pants...how can they resist!!

show me the thread and ill post it there myself lol Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

763 Smiley Snow (Click to show)
763
siki im
ckc
shah's fave!!
adeline basely
ann d
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

763 Detail shots (Click to show)
763
763
ckc
adeline basley twisty j pants
ann d
post #55226 of 109053
A few images from Giuliano Fujiwara F/W12. Full set here: http://www.thisheartsonfire.com/?p=35602#more-35602

525525
525525
525525
525
post #55227 of 109053
post #55228 of 109053
eason I'm innocent ! I think sipang is responsible for all this !!!

snowman , GoSurface has you covered. Hopefully he don't mind the x-post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface 
Made this black leather envelope clutch today. It measures 12x11in. Used a simple saddle stitch and a poly/cotton blend waxed thread. I've been looking for something like this for awhile and just decided to make it myself. I need to add a snap button closure, but all in all I'm very happy with it.

419990_10100289159928034_5320822_46335555_209697732_n.jpg

Finished product. Boxed the bottom corners and had a snap button professionally installed. Not sure about the hardware though.
21c60bc5.jpg
post #55229 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I had a feeling red wings and flannels were gonna be somewhere in this vid. This is not a guy who can give any real advice since he is a victim of the willyburg movement.

Definitely Willyburg, you can see my apartment building when he is outside uhoh.gif

Also beacons closet has never been that empty, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

No, validation is certainly not a goal and should never be one, anything beyond seeking advice is getting a bit too weird, whether in MC or SWD. I imagine this a community to share adventures through aesthetics. Your clarification here is helpful, but I would add that you can certainly make a list of MC [casual] that is atrocious as well. I don't think it's ever been denied that not all are equal dressers. Also, the thumbs up is not a reflection of what's good and what isn't, really. There are plenty of great things that get a lot of remarks, and plenty of mediocre ones that do too. It's much more from an artistic/aesthetic gaze, I imagine. And this is getting a bit thesartorialist, but image composition, scenery, quality of photograph, and, like you (I think it was you?) once mentioned, the user, all go into some as of yet unknown formula for determining how many thumbs up a photo will get*. But these kind of grand , sweeping generalizations about either subsection aren't really valid when held up to the least bit of scrutiny. And it really falls apart when you throw in other fora (sorry brad-t to make an example of you here) like uncontrol's 20+ thumbs up here getting simply ridiculed on sz as k-pop overcomplication. but again, he doesn't post it there to get a pat on the head, but because it can offer him a perspective for reconsidering certain things he had possibly overlooked in outfit, if anything (that jacket...). I had one more point but forgot it and I didn't reread what I've written.
* I know this formula, because somehow I said bows would reach 37 and he did until steveoffice saw someone point this out and trolled his way to #38 with a grin, cheek to cheek.


shah is a sooth sayer; but all this is very true. I know I give thumbs up a lot more for awesome photos than awesome outfits..
post #55230 of 109053
thanks shah!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts