i just did enjoy some vanilla gelato yestereve though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 12/7/16 at 12:54pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 3666post #54976 of 1090533/15/12 at 4:39pmpost #54977 of 1090533/15/12 at 4:48pmpost #54978 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:01pmpost #54979 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:03pmpost #54980 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #54981 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:06pmpost #54982 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:08pm
indeed. well in the books, anyway. there are plenty i enjoy having discussions with, plenty that are well-versed in style, fabrics (very important!), fit, etc. some have authored books on the mater (though amazon rating didn't fare too well there) , and otherwise quite successful/intelligent people. as someone pointed out, the drones are unfortunately louder (not unlike the plethora to be found in SWD recommending geller/slimming/gats/denim) especially now that many folks have gone on to other SFrealms. and so I just saw an opportunity to be a bit naught, as it were
Edited by the shah - 3/15/12 at 5:20pmpost #54983 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by recondite
Three to four casual fits in a row, and none requiring a pair of dungarees. In fact, a whole page of posts without a pair of blue jeans in view.
That was pretty sweet.
Hopefully, the world view of casual dress will head in the same direction and away from attire that would otherwise be suitable for doing garden work, painting the boat's bottom, or splitting a cord or two of firewood despite the presence of a sport coat or odd jacket..
i can't take thispost #54984 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:12pmQuote:
Hey guys, I shop at the Gap, but not really!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)It's OK...
Edited by noob in 89 - 3/15/12 at 5:24pmpost #54985 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:18pmi would like to wear this raf suit
lol Miran made his way to MCQuote:Originally Posted by Miran2Quote:Originally Posted by recondite
Well there you go!
I just find it silly when one claims to be dressing for a night out for a kabob at a fancy Persian restaurant, but they look like they should be roasting one over a pile of coals from ancient Juniper windfall in the Bitterroot.
Context is everything after accounting for the eye of the beholder.
Too many dress like they're headed out for a night out in Twin Bridges, Chesham, or Groissiat when they are really planning on spending the night reveling in Miami, LA, Osaka, or Berlin, or even better London, New York, Hong Kong, or Monte Carlo.
The only good news is that it is fairly easy to be considered well dress in the presence of such an audience
Hello there...I don't usually post in this neck of SF...but somebody mentioned this over in the Random Fashion Thoughts thread in SW&D, suggesting between the lines I check your post out...
Were you in the Maldives? I'm pretty sure you're not in the Maldives now, because 1/2 of the internet is banned in the Maldives, and I'm pretty sure SF is included. Regardless, I was there in 2004, in August, for a 3-week holiday. We were at Baa Atoll and Addu Atoll...it was very nice...
and now descriptive, floral language = pretentious over in MC
Edited by the shah - 3/15/12 at 5:41pmpost #54986 of 1090533/15/12 at 5:23pmpost #54987 of 1090533/15/12 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by sartorialist
This gentleman captures what I find to be most interesting in menswear right now: quilted nylon, shorts over leggings, full volume outerwear, layering and dark yet rich color palettes.
This look scares me but inspires me, which is the best you can ask for in a look. I’ve gone back to this picture several times trying to figure out which elements would work best for me, and the answer that keeps coming up is: basically all of them.
I don’t know if I’m brave enough to wear shorts over tights in a ‘day wear’ setting, though I already do when I’m exercising…so maybe this picture will make me re-examine what I wear to the gym.
Today’s photograph and the photograph from yesterday will, I think, be the two images this season that will have the most long-lasting influence over (at least) my style for the next year or so.post #54988 of 1090533/15/12 at 6:17pmI have no good words for this, so I refrain from commentary. It is stifling any modicum of creativity I might possess. I will add that the man of war has befriended the fellow on the right, and quite proudly so.post #54989 of 1090533/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #54990 of 1090533/15/12 at 6:45pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Burberry London Suit, 38s 13 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 15 minutes ago
- › NWT Boglioli K Jacket Windowpane 48EU 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...