or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 3565  

post #53461 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBirch View Post

You post too much^


 

I know. 5 months here maybe, 600+ posts.  Unlike some posters who´ve been  here 4 times longer than me and have 20 times my post count. they don´t really post that much, but I sure do.

post #53462 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post

Random question. Do SW&D members use cologne (fragrance)?

i am hunting a few down right now because i feel what i have is inadequate and perhaps even offensively uncivilized
post #53463 of 109053
shah exclusively uses kenneth cole toilette water
post #53464 of 109053
been talking with a Serge Lutens rep who is helping locate non-exports sold only in france ... and also #superhype cdg2man that sipang is telling me about
post #53465 of 109053
A couple of unrelated thoughts.

1. A Electrical Engineering prof I know, is a huge Yamamoto proponent - believes that he was the last of the great menswear visionaries, and that no one, his contemporaries like Issey Miyake and Rei Kawakubo, included, even came close. Definitely no one from the Belgian school, much less any of the Italians or Brits.
We had a 40 minute conversation in "downtown" Moscow ID about Yamamoto, me in my usual, but he in a knee length coat with a fur collar and a fedora and loop earrings - one of the more surreal sights of the day. If anyone really wants to know the genesis of Yamamoto, they need, need, need, to get and watch "Notebook on City and Clothing": http://www.wim-wenders.com/movies/movies_spec/notebookoncitiesandclothes/notebookoncitiesandclothes.htm

2. I got my Trickers chukkas today - and if I do say so myself, I did and bloody fine job of matching colors and textures. Visone repello suede (warm grey), navy lining, natural welt, and blue vibram gumlite sole. I like the Trickers in the Shoehealer MTO gallery a lot more than the stock ones. People in the Trickers thread, have a little more dare in your choices. I'm not saying make clown shoes. But how about some color, some contrast, some textures?
post #53466 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

what is that on the right next to the guy in the sweater?! uhoh.gif

its some dude that tattooed his whole body like a skeleton icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #53467 of 109053
480

Jacket reminds me of someone's jacket from waywt. looks good.
post #53468 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

2. I got my Trickers chukkas today - and if I do say so myself, I did and bloody fine job of matching colors and textures. Visone repello suede (warm grey), navy lining, natural welt, and blue vibram gumlite sole. I like the Trickers in the Shoehealer MTO gallery a lot more than the stock ones. People in the Trickers thread, have a little more dare in your choices. I'm not saying make clown shoes. But how about some color, some contrast, some textures?

Well I guess the thing is we are trying to get a group MTO and try to get maximum no. of people satisfied (or less dissatisfied). I would love to source a LOL paisley fabric just to have it lined for a Dark Grey Chukka with blue gumlite soles.

edit: I realized that basically 90% of what I want is already done in your design. Pics?
post #53469 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post

It's a matter of preference. Just like wearing deodorant.

are you in elementary skool?

the tattoo guy is rick genest
post #53470 of 109053
1315740
post #53471 of 109053
Yea he models a bunch of high end clothing, he's found a really interesting niche
post #53472 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

A couple of unrelated thoughts.
1. A Electrical Engineering prof I know, is a huge Yamamoto proponent - believes that he was the last of the great menswear visionaries, and that no one, his contemporaries like Issey Miyake and Rei Kawakubo, included, even came close. Definitely no one from the Belgian school, much less any of the Italians or Brits.
We had a 40 minute conversation in "downtown" Moscow ID about Yamamoto, me in my usual, but he in a knee length coat with a fur collar and a fedora and loop earrings - one of the more surreal sights of the day. If anyone really wants to know the genesis of Yamamoto, they need, need, need, to get and watch "Notebook on City and Clothing": http://www.wim-wenders.com/movies/movies_spec/notebookoncitiesandclothes/notebookoncitiesandclothes.htm

I guess it is no surprise that I agree with this point of view biggrin.gif.

Yohji's play on traditional western silhouettes for men, his use of materials and his inspirations all put him at the top of the game for menswear when it comes to innovation and pushing the envelope. He has mined (and possibly influenced) youth culture, sports, black American culture, military, old world (both east & west), blurred gender lines and loads more. Of course the same could be said for a few other designers but none of them come close to his body of work I feel. All I am waiting for now is for him to approach his men's collection in at least one season from the same angle as his women's. Abstract and with less of a foundation on established men's clothing templates.
post #53473 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post

Random question. Do SW&D members use cologne (fragrance)?

i used to, kinda got tired of it though. only significant buys i made were cdg frags, I used sequoia for a while and I bought two of the monocle collabos, hinoki and laurel. I used to get tons of samples from luckyscent but yeah I basicaly just got lazy/stopped caring a little. Always wanted to get some serge lutens or l'artisan parfumer. right now though i'd rather drop 3 or 3 hundo on clothes than scents. I dunno.
post #53474 of 109053
anyone want to do some kind of waywt contest or theme
post #53475 of 109053

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2011/11/29/marni-for-hm-collection---pictures--news/gallery#

 

Marni X H&M. This is actually pretty nice. Womens > Mens though, by miles.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts