or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 302  

post #4516 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The problem is the sizing, items and thread layout imho. I don't want to have to click links (personal pref) to see pics and a couple I clicked on were not the whole piece in one frame. Hanger shots are the best btw. Don't try and resell anything larger than 52 or L and don't under any circumstance sell polos. The pieces are also very basic and not signature which isn't a bad thing but their should be a mix. The jil stuff is entry level also just saying. Lachy you get the 5? I tracked down a 5 but I may have a feeling 4 would be best for some reason.
I'm not going to bring a camera to a random store and sit there taking pictures with it, phone pics are the best you're getting. And I wouldn't be able to fit anywhere near that many pics into a post and don't want to break it into fifty million different posts either. The item I sold was actually the Jil polo in 52, so that argument is moot lol. Once again, can't control what I find. 50% off Jil is still 50% off Jil. Maybe I'll have better luck if I can find AW stuff in Spring
post #4517 of 109053
kitakira- part of the problem might be that the photos don't even show the whole garment.
post #4518 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Thanks dude. TV have the 4 on hold for me and will ship it when my return gets to them. If for some reason that is too small, then I'll hit you up about the 5, but I think the 4 should do it.

Thanks heaps though!

Oh yeah that's right, dude the 4 is going to be perfect like that one piece I have from two years ago I'm telling you. The girl I was talking to today said a dude our size came in and bought the 4, keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
I'm not going to bring a camera to a random store and sit there taking pictures with it, phone pics are the best you're getting. And I wouldn't be able to fit anywhere near that many pics into a post and don't want to break it into fifty million different posts either. The item I sold was actually the Jil polo in 52, so that argument is moot lol. Once again, can't control what I find. 50% off Jil is still 50% off Jil.

Maybe I'll have better luck if I can find AW stuff in Spring

Sorry my dude didn't read your whole post I thought you had the shit in your possession lol.

A random thought, I'm pissed some stuff on my list has been selling out at full pop.
post #4519 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
kitakira- part of the problem might be that the photos don't even show the whole garment.
I need to step up my arm-length game
post #4520 of 109053
ida rtahter dres someone elsey up ih great clths then me. fuhk my cloths
post #4521 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I don't want to have to click links (personal pref) to see pics.

+1000, this really annoys me, I go through so many sales threads, ebay auctions, etc etc etc that every extra link that takes me to a page with photos that have no descriptions that make me play match up is just too much of a pain and I end up skipping the whole thing altogether. I don't see whats the problem with posting a few posts with name + picture + measurements, I do that with all my stuff and it really doesn't take long at all, plus I find posting links to things is even harder than posting them directly, so the whole thing baffles me.
post #4522 of 109053
Im on some cowboy steez today. Pinkish rl western, repro levis, chiseled toe Rm williams. Now its time to swagger down to the coffe machine.
post #4523 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
+1000, this really annoys me, I go through so many sales threads, ebay auctions, etc etc etc that every extra link that takes me to a page with photos that have no descriptions that make me play match up is just too much of a pain and I end up skipping the whole thing altogether. I don't see whats the problem with posting a few posts with name + picture + measurements, I do that with all my stuff and it really doesn't take long at all, plus I find posting links to things is even harder than posting them directly, so the whole thing baffles me.
While I do hate it when people just throw up a link to an album and say PM me, I have 79 pics for the mens and 157 for womens, about 10x past tl;dr status I wore an FC shirt with Adidas Sambas today, think I got more looks from wearing cuffs than I would have for wearing a Halloween costume to class
post #4524 of 109053
You should think about making a small webpage for it and linking to it in your FS thread. StyleForum doesn't allow tables but on your own webpage you could have a grid of items say 4 or 5 per row for 30 rows just like eBay's gallery view. Sure it is a bit of work but if you're going to be selling that amount of items I'm sure it would help a lot of people browse through them all. Just my $0.02 Oh and +1 about the photos, I suggest borrowing a friend's SLR and putting the clothes on a hanger of some sort so you don't have to hold them while you take photos, for me the photos make or break it, very easy to be disappointed by poor photos where the colours are off because the settings are wrong or the camera sucks.
post #4525 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
ida rtahter dres someone elsey up ih great clths then me. fuhk my cloths
lol at this random 2 am drunk post A new H&M opened that I checked out and I couldn't tell who worked there and who was a customer, everyone was dressed head to toe H&M and all tried way too hard. Have never seen so many fedoras and keffiyehs at once.
post #4526 of 109053
KitAKira: I didn't even bother clicking on the pics man, honestly I just needed to read the descriptions to know that the stuff you have listed doesn't sound enticing at what they cost. I know that you can't control what it costs or what it is, but the art in reselling is going to require a much deeper discount on much better products, 50% is common nowadays and sale season is creeping up. I definitely buy MMM and Jil at much higher prices than your pieces are listed at, but I buy them selectively and buy pieces, usually runway if it's going to be brands like those. Frankly, it's common knowledge that no one really buys MMM knit basics unless they're nearly giveaway cheap, and likewise for Jil Sander. There is a huge range of shitty Jil Sander filler, Jil Tailor Made line, Jil knit basics, accessories, non-runway shoes, there's tons of that shit that never sells, of which all of your pieces belong to. Hint: not visibly attributable to Raf Simons. It's the exact reason why they're on sale in the first place. $100-$300, while a sale price for those brands, is not exactly cheap man, considering it's polos and tees and basic sweaters. Try your luck at something different, and don't waste your time on that stuff.
post #4527 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
lol at this random 2 am drunk post


A new H&M opened that I checked out and I couldn't tell who worked there and who was a customer, everyone was dressed head to toe H&M and all tried way too hard. Have never seen so many fedoras and keffiyehs at once.

Sounds about right.
post #4528 of 109053
saks is going 40% off in two days.... gonna be hard for anyone on b&s to sell anything
post #4529 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsense View Post
fineanddandyshop.com's 2009 lookbook

http://fineanddandyshop.blogspot.com...-lookbook.html

i can't help it , these pictures call out to my trad-as-fuck roots (minus driving caps why the fuck do people wear those things)

Shit looks weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
saks is going 40% off in two days.... gonna be hard for anyone on b&s to sell anything

Non sequitur
post #4530 of 109053
this cardigan looks like it was built using a checklist of things that are "in" this winter 1. shawl collar: CHECK 2. cable knit: CHECK 3. toggles: CHECK if it was made of large flannel check or lined with oxford the fashion-based internet would explode.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts