or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 2917

post #43741 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

I meant normal as in everyday clothes you see people not trying to engage in fashion. Like basic shirts, hoods, etc

I think that you need to think about a strict definition of what "engaging in fashion" means, or whether it's a valid construct, period.
post #43742 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldSFer View Post


LOFL. Why would you want to write to the filesystem? The images already have publicly accessible URLs. You can generate them with bit of javascript then display the images in a browser however you like. Once displayed in browser it's trivial to save them to your hard disk.

There's zero need for your 'app' which is
(a) not cross-platform
(b) suspect - why would one implement such a simple task not in the standard, non-intrusive browser-based way but through a piece of crapware one has to install and incur security risks for
(c) and very likely not legal, ironically given what you posted above.

first you say its easy and you can do it in 10 minutes and ud give it away for free.
then you talk out of your butt instead of producing anything.
then you fabricate excuses for not doing it.

I'd like to hear what else they taught you at ITT Tech crackup[1].gif
post #43743 of 100916
Why would I 'fabricate excuses' for not doing something I didn't even intend to do in the first place?
WHATEVS.
IMG_3031.jpg
post #43744 of 100916
Hey nerds, stop arguing.

Also, this is not B&S.

Fok.
post #43745 of 100916
wax that shit sq
post #43746 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

wax that shit sq

least of his worries
post #43747 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post


least of his worries

Lol
post #43748 of 100916
How could a USPS package spend an entire week with the status "Processed through Sort Facility"?

In Shrewsbury, MA, no less.
post #43749 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

On that note, we've been actively looking at getting runway images for Paris, NYC, Milan, and Toyko fashion week shows, you know, legally. We probably would not have as many shows as does GQ, and I'd really like to get some of the Tokyo shows, since they are not nearly as well covered as the European and NYC shows, in the western media.

I heartily approve of this idea. Would it be focused moreso on shows that don't get quite as much coverage (not on GQ or Style.com), or would you guys just be posting up whatever you can get?
post #43750 of 100916
Quote:
Rumor of the day: Raf SImons to YSL? Suzy Menkes' article has everyone talking (and tweeting); nothing is confirmed yet. MS
post #43751 of 100916
I wish facebook would stop recommending that I add Socal2NYC as a friend.
post #43752 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post

I wish facebook would stop recommending that I add Socal2NYC as a friend.

FB keeps recommending me to add Peyton Manning.
post #43753 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I think that you need to think about a strict definition of what "engaging in fashion" means, or whether it's a valid construct, period.

Pretty much. Pretty much every westerner buys clothing and styles it (i.e. wears it with other clothing, a hairstyle etc.). Is engaging in fashion being part of a crowd? Which one? It's certainly not the same as saying "working in fashion" which would still be up for debate (i.e. working for the Gap but in a design position vs working in Pr for Gucci-a non creative position but in what is typically called a fashion company).
post #43754 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo View Post


I heartily approve of this idea. Would it be focused moreso on shows that don't get quite as much coverage (not on GQ or Style.com), or would you guys just be posting up whatever you can get?

I've been looking at different services, and for the non Tokyo shows, we can get pretty much anything we want, as far as I can tell. What we'd actually get depends on what we think would spur discussion within the forum.
post #43755 of 100916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post


Pretty much. Pretty much every westerner buys clothing and styles it (i.e. wears it with other clothing, a hairstyle etc.). Is engaging in fashion being part of a crowd? Which one? It's certainly not the same as saying "working in fashion" which would still be up for debate (i.e. working for the Gap but in a design position vs working in Pr for Gucci-a non creative position but in what is typically called a fashion company).

http://today.yougov.co.uk/life/not-fussed-about-fashion

Carolyn Massey posted this article this morning or so.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts