I will +1 the Mr Porter comments, very good retailer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 2733post #40981 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40982 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
About one size, I think. The guy who does all of the work said they'd heat up the sole a bit to stretch that as well, since otherwise the rubber would pull the leather back into its pre-stretch size.
I'll report back when I get them back, probably in the vicinity of a week.
Thanks. I want to get my Bballs stretched out a wee bit but I need to find a good enough cobbler here. Most common's a chain of stores and the people who work there are all idiots.post #40983 of 1090548/2/11 at 12:18pm
Had an unpaid item claim filed on me because I forgot I won an item (got locked out of my Yahoo account on all but my iPhone), stupidly trivial amount (under 10 GBP iirc), at least they were cool about it because it's one of my favorite sellerspost #40984 of 1090548/2/11 at 5:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I dunno man, I bought some pants last week, but it was pretty much just for something to do, and I might just return them when they arrive. I don't really want anything except more leather jackets and boots, and there's not really any point in buying that stuff until October - especially since there's absolutely nothing around that I'm desperate for, aside from the aforementioned bits and pieces.
Side note, how huge is a Stooges in XL?
huge, mine is a bit too bigpost #40985 of 1090548/2/11 at 5:54pmpost #40986 of 1090548/2/11 at 6:52pmLolsQuote:This is a gorgeous Vintage pre-owned sweater in perfectly nice condition without any damages. It is a high end ALPACA cool sweater with a double button collar made by PATRIK ERVELL New York. I believe this is from the 1970's.post #40987 of 1090548/2/11 at 7:13pmpost #40988 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by sipang
LolsQuote:This is a gorgeous Vintage pre-owned sweater in perfectly nice condition without any damages. It is a high end ALPACA cool sweater with a double button collar made by PATRIK ERVELL New York. I believe this is from the 1970's.
You skipped the important partQuote:I believe this is from the 1970's. The label reads: Patrik Ervell FW07 Alpaca Fight Sweater New York.
Then went on to add at the bottomQuote:I was just informed by another ebayer that this is not a vintage sweater but was made in 2004post #40989 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:14pmDear kdphlips,
Just a heads-up that this sweater is not vintage, and definitely not from the 70's. You said so yourself in the description: it's from Fall/Winter 07 (not 1907 either)
I do value your input and knowledge. I really did believe this was from the 70's since this sweater belongs to my father in law. He rec'd it as a gift and I found it among a large number of sweaters and shirts boxed up when he moved into his retirement home. I will add your description to my listing since I can not correct since there is an existing bid. I do appreciate your info since I am definitely, (and obviously),not an expert on designer clothing. Again, Thank you. Karen
How did she still get it wrong????post #40990 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #40991 of 1090548/2/11 at 9:07pmpost #40992 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:45pmpost #40993 of 1090548/3/11 at 12:50ampost #40994 of 1090548/3/11 at 8:24am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1202 Active Users (248 Members and 954 Guests)
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 11 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 20 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?