I will +1 the Mr Porter comments, very good retailer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:04 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 2733post #40981 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40982 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
About one size, I think. The guy who does all of the work said they'd heat up the sole a bit to stretch that as well, since otherwise the rubber would pull the leather back into its pre-stretch size.
I'll report back when I get them back, probably in the vicinity of a week.
Thanks. I want to get my Bballs stretched out a wee bit but I need to find a good enough cobbler here. Most common's a chain of stores and the people who work there are all idiots.post #40983 of 1090548/2/11 at 12:18pm
Had an unpaid item claim filed on me because I forgot I won an item (got locked out of my Yahoo account on all but my iPhone), stupidly trivial amount (under 10 GBP iirc), at least they were cool about it because it's one of my favorite sellerspost #40984 of 1090548/2/11 at 5:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I dunno man, I bought some pants last week, but it was pretty much just for something to do, and I might just return them when they arrive. I don't really want anything except more leather jackets and boots, and there's not really any point in buying that stuff until October - especially since there's absolutely nothing around that I'm desperate for, aside from the aforementioned bits and pieces.
Side note, how huge is a Stooges in XL?
huge, mine is a bit too bigpost #40985 of 1090548/2/11 at 5:54pmpost #40986 of 1090548/2/11 at 6:52pmLolsQuote:This is a gorgeous Vintage pre-owned sweater in perfectly nice condition without any damages. It is a high end ALPACA cool sweater with a double button collar made by PATRIK ERVELL New York. I believe this is from the 1970's.post #40987 of 1090548/2/11 at 7:13pmpost #40988 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by sipang
LolsQuote:This is a gorgeous Vintage pre-owned sweater in perfectly nice condition without any damages. It is a high end ALPACA cool sweater with a double button collar made by PATRIK ERVELL New York. I believe this is from the 1970's.
You skipped the important partQuote:I believe this is from the 1970's. The label reads: Patrik Ervell FW07 Alpaca Fight Sweater New York.
Then went on to add at the bottomQuote:I was just informed by another ebayer that this is not a vintage sweater but was made in 2004post #40989 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:14pmDear kdphlips,
Just a heads-up that this sweater is not vintage, and definitely not from the 70's. You said so yourself in the description: it's from Fall/Winter 07 (not 1907 either)
I do value your input and knowledge. I really did believe this was from the 70's since this sweater belongs to my father in law. He rec'd it as a gift and I found it among a large number of sweaters and shirts boxed up when he moved into his retirement home. I will add your description to my listing since I can not correct since there is an existing bid. I do appreciate your info since I am definitely, (and obviously),not an expert on designer clothing. Again, Thank you. Karen
How did she still get it wrong????post #40990 of 1090548/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #40991 of 1090548/2/11 at 9:07pmpost #40992 of 1090548/2/11 at 10:45pmpost #40993 of 1090548/3/11 at 12:50ampost #40994 of 1090548/3/11 at 8:24am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1176 Active Users (214 Members and 962 Guests)
- › Australian Members 14 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 28 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › -70% new, Caruso Sartoria Parma Sports Jacket, EU 50 -> US 40R,... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...