or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 2336

post #35026 of 99139
fuck, I need new shoes but I dunno what.




silent sneaks are meh

RO sneaks this season are "aite"

Dbss is "aite"

RO boots I really want, but in the summer? hmmm


any other ankle boots/sneaks out there I should look at? I saw some cool rafs on some guys blog, but didnt know the style.
post #35027 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
fuck, I need new shoes but I dunno what.




silent sneaks are meh

RO sneaks this season are "aite"

Dbss is "aite"

RO boots I really want, but in the summer? hmmm


any other ankle boots/sneaks out there I should look at? I saw some cool rafs on some guys blog, but didnt know the style.

get these



(no wait, these are the ones i want)
post #35028 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
fuck, I need new shoes but I dunno what.




silent sneaks are meh

RO sneaks this season are "aite"

Dbss is "aite"

RO boots I really want, but in the summer? hmmm


any other ankle boots/sneaks out there I should look at? I saw some cool rafs on some guys blog, but didnt know the style.

Where do you live? I'm in GA and I am okay with wearing boots and heavy shit in the summer, but then again I don't sweat much. Maybe it's the 'nam in me
post #35029 of 99139
all boots all the time
post #35030 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
get these



(no wait, these are the ones i want)

man, i love the way these looks, but i hate that thin shiny leather, looks plasticky. had a sweet pair of Dior boots that prolly looked just like this new, but were dinged up and creased to the point that I thought they might have been rip-offs
post #35031 of 99139
eh...cuban heel... hey waht does "aesthetic" mean?
post #35032 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
Need to praise Lanvin, my shoelaces broke, i mailed them - now they have replied and asked for address, it seems that they are shipping free laces.

This is pretty cool. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for sharing dude.

Random fashion thought: As my baller sneak collection slowly but surely continues to grow, I really need to step my sock game up haha
post #35033 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCoHammers7 View Post
This is pretty cool. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for sharing dude.

Random fashion thought: As my baller sneak collection slowly but surely continues to grow, I really need to step my sock game up haha

people see your socks when you wear sneakers?
post #35034 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post
man, i love the way these looks, but i hate that thin shiny leather, looks plasticky. had a sweet pair of Dior boots that prolly looked just like this new, but were dinged up and creased to the point that I thought they might have been rip-offs

you think so? i thought the leather looked ok (they're lithium homme)

love the leather on these ysl

post #35035 of 99139
Pretty sure I'm getting bored with SW&D, 75%+ of the time I'm wearing diors/rdm solid T/and some kind of sneakers(some baller but mostly non-baller)

I'm starting to be interested in biz casual looks, cuz that's what I wear 8hrs/day. Def not MC, but not SW&D either, save for a few posters
post #35036 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
RO boots I really want, but in the summer? hmmm
In fact, the summer is also a good season to wear nice boots.
post #35037 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post
Where do you live? I'm in GA and I am okay with wearing boots and heavy shit in the summer, but then again I don't sweat much. Maybe it's the 'nam in me

I live in the northeast, but the weather does get hot. I've actually never worn boots before in the summer so maybe I can just try it out. RO ones I want aren't going to be at the ankle so ima be uncomfortable, maybe.
post #35038 of 99139
what is sf's opinion on ringer t's?
post #35039 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
I live in the northeast, but the weather does get hot. I've actually never worn boots before in the summer so maybe I can just try it out. RO ones I want aren't going to be at the ankle so ima be uncomfortable, maybe.
I think you'll be fine but I've only worn ankleish boots. My Aldens from a few years back were pretty damn heavy. But make sure you get some good socks too, during the summer it's honestly all about what types of socks you wear.
post #35040 of 99139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post
+1 on this. They're hard to destroy (for the most part) and you can get a lot of mileage out of them. Ex- a nice leather jacket. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMO knits are kind of iffy on joining the above. You can generally go cheap on some knits (basic Vs and crews) and then occasionally grab some more interesting knits.



Though on the other hand this. It's easy to go plebe on everything else if you can find good options for them. It works great for mellow b/c he can get away with uniqlo for pants and buttondowns... but that isn't true for alot of people.
I'm yet to find a cheap option for either... the closest being H&M for cheap dress shirts.

I'd sort of add jeans to the list, inasmuch as you can get a good amount of mileage out of a good pair of jeans, but that's also me being kind of a denim nerd. Also, you can potentially go mid-market (APC) or cheap (Uniqlo) if the cuts work for you and you find the denim and details acceptable.

I can't stand H&M dress shirts. Every shirt I've bought from them had super-low armholes and short sleeves, so I'd have to buy an L just to get the sleeves long enough (although they'd still shrink after a machine dry). Also, the collar always seems to warp on me after washing and drying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
Plebe + tailor = your plebe shit fits perfectly.

If all you care about is fit, I (mostly) agree. You're still going to have differences in drape, patterns, and materials, and some cheap stuff is so awful from the get-go (see: H&M dress shirts) that it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post
man, i love the way these looks, but i hate that thin shiny leather, looks plasticky. had a sweet pair of Dior boots that prolly looked just like this new, but were dinged up and creased to the point that I thought they might have been rip-offs

Shiny boots + rubbing alcohol + spray bottle --> win. Strips the lacquer right off, and you can keep the leather from getting messed up by conditioning it as soon as it's dry (not that you'd necessarily want to do this to an expensive pair of boots).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
what is sf's opinion on ringer t's?

They almost always make you look younger than you are (or like you're trying to look younger than you are).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts