or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 2323

post #34831 of 98855
ya and i never liked urkel and family matters

i think i've seen every episode of the fresh prince such a good show, the house in reality doesn't look anything like in the opening clips though kind of heart breaking, will always rockin new Js
post #34832 of 98855
Damn Forward started stocking N.Hoolywood, too bad only S (38) to 42 (L).
post #34833 of 98855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
I don't what kind of curriculum your high school had but mine already had world history, geography, intro to chem, physics, and bio, it's just that on top of that was state history, a class that was already taught in Junior High.

I'm not exactly sure how I was supposed to know that I had already been filed as a dependent, or that some of my W-2 forms had been sent to different addresses, but I guess, like breathing, it's something too complicated for me to comprehend.

I went to an old school Catholic high school. World history can't be covered in one class. Nor can world geography. I mean, you could take multiple classes in physical geography, social geography, political geography, the list is endless. I agree that Americans learn too much state history. My son has classes in the history of Idaho. Nothing happened here. Wait, no. Some Mormons settled. And some other people as well. And then they built some more settlements, but some of them didn't survive.

Anyone can teach themselves how to do tasks. Formal education is needed for subjects that require critical thinking. At the postsecondary level, the inability to form and articulate coherent arguments is a big problem (I see this all of the time.)

Re. your parents' filing you as a dependent, it's clearly not your fault. If you are not living at home, and are making money, it's pretty stupid of them to not have asked you how you were filing.

As for things like getting the W-2's sent to the right address, you should be keeping a file of everyone who needs to be contacted when you have a change of address. Before by taxes became complicated enough to warrant my having an accountant, I filed them all myself. At one point, I had to file California and Massachussetts taxes, figure out how what income had to be declared in which state, etc... and I suck at paperwork. It took a while, but it's really just a matter of perseverence. You end up reading a few hundred pages, and filing a sheaf of papers, but it's not difficult in the way an academic endeavor is difficult. It's just tedious and a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I'm just feeling cranky and old. The Wayan brothers confuse me. There are about a dozen of them, and they all sort of look the same, except that some of them are always trying to be funny, while others are mean mugging 24/7.
post #34834 of 98855
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post
OC will be getting a Gitman leopard restock.


Did they say when?
Gotta sell off my damn XS

I might go with the white one this time
post #34835 of 98855
everyone should at least skim this: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/FEATfall04TBP.html
post #34836 of 98855
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
ya and i never liked urkel and family matters

i think i've seen every episode of the fresh prince such a good show, the house in reality doesn't look anything like in the opening clips though kind of heart breaking, will always rockin new Js

Urkel was endearing and legitimately charming/funny until the writers realized what a cash cow the character was and turned him into a self-parody.
post #34837 of 98855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I went to an old school Catholic high school. World history can't be covered in one class. Nor can world geography. I mean, you could take multiple classes in physical geography, social geography, political geography, the list is endless. I agree that Americans learn too much state history. My son has classes in the history of Idaho. Nothing happened here. Wait, no. Some Mormons settled. And some other people as well. And then they built some more settlements, but some of them didn't survive..
I don't understand your education rant because we're obviously not disagreeing at all. In my district it went World History (think ancient history, like the rise and fall of Rome etc), then State History, then Current Events. While I agree that the classes you mentioned are rather essential (and in my district, they are mandatory), I just don't see how state history is worth taking up an entire years worth of social sciences, especially when it mostly covers a previously mandatory class in Junior High. There's nothing beneficial, in my opinion, about re-learning the Lewis & Clark story and actually I opted to study US history (Pre-WWII and Post WWII) and Intro to Logic in lieu of such a class (thanks to the Running Start program).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Anyone can teach themselves how to do tasks. Formal education is needed for subjects that require critical thinking. At the postsecondary level, the inability to form and articulate coherent arguments is a big problem (I see this all of the time.)
Okay, agreed. But to give you perspective, about half my senior class didn't even graduate, and an even smaller percentage went on to college. While I personally agree that critical thinking is an essential skill I believe it's mostly left to Universities to encourage this type of thinking. But then again that's going to vary from school to school, district to district because like I said, half my high school couldn't pass standardized tests on reading, writing, and math.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Re. your parents' filing you as a dependent, it's clearly not your fault. If you are not living at home, and are making money, it's pretty stupid of them to not have asked you how you were filing. As for things like getting the W-2's sent to the right address, you should be keeping a file of everyone who needs to be contacted when you have a change of address. Before by taxes became complicated enough to warrant my having an accountant, I filed them all myself. At one point, I had to file California and Massachussetts taxes, figure out how what income had to be declared in which state, etc... and I suck at paperwork. It took a while, but it's really just a matter of perseverence. You end up reading a few hundred pages, and filing a sheaf of papers, but it's not difficult in the way an academic endeavor is difficult. It's just tedious and a pain in the ass.
Look, I had filed my taxes correctly as far as my knowledge allowed me. It was only after the fact that my federal return had been rejected that I dug deep enough to find out that a.) I had already been filed as a dependent and b.) my previous employer had sent the W-2 forms to an incorrect address (and in this case my previous employer was a roommate, my age, and knew exactly where I am living at the moment, and lived with me previously fully knowing that at the end of the year we would all move out). So basically I'm patiently waiting on other people to sort their shit out so I can re-file my taxes. Regarding managing finances as a something as simple as breathing, I just flat out disagree. Most of the people I know lack basic financial skills. There are too many students I know that are knee deep in credit card debt, and are still taking on more loans that they cannot pay off (and spending that money on stupid shit like iPhones). This part wouldn't anger me so much if it wasn't for that fact that it directly negatively affected my own financial situation due to the fact that I had to manage the utility bills for 8 different people. But that's another story and ultimately, I feel as if the majority of students can't handle basic financial duties and do stupid stuff such as buying textbooks at full price from the bookstore. Shit, and that's the people I know who actually went to college. I feel that there's too many people my age who fall prey to credit card companies once they turn 18, and end up over their heads and that a large portion of this issue can be remedied through simple financial management classes in high school (not college, because like I said, most people in my high school did not make it that far). But then again, I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of people (adults, politicians, governments, students, etc) are incompetent when it comes to managing money.
post #34838 of 98855
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
You're "what is math" question
What is grammerr?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen View Post
Damn Forward started stocking N.Hoolywood, too bad only S (38) to 42 (L).
I have no idea what's going on with n. hoolywood sizing. I'm an XS in everything US including +J. I got a sample n. hoolywood polo (shut up) in 38 that I figured I'd tailor down but it fits me perfectly. I'm a 36 in the suiting. The shirting that I've seen thus far at Opening Ceremony makes their smallest size look boxy. Good luck and enjoy the return policy.
post #34839 of 98855
there was time when I was seriously thinking about koping the Hunter lace-ups by Nonnative but I started question these big purchases since one can quite easily find similar style for half the price. Seriously what is the point? I keep thinking myself and can't figure it out. It's not like I'm gonna get props from someone in real life, this place is all about mall brands, it's not like my gf is gonna give a shit, she's used to the way I dress and when it comes to me, I would ABSOLUTELLY LOVE to have the NNs but I can't figure out how much I value the feeling of having the real deal, Fuck
post #34840 of 98855
haha i sorta wanna sig this, thanks for the laughs buddy (tried to pos rep back but couldn't )
post #34841 of 98855
ahhaha
post #34842 of 98855
nonnative makes the best fucking cut for pants on the planet, the super relaxed top block with taper is so perfect.
post #34843 of 98855
in your waywt, were you wearing the dweller tee?
post #34844 of 98855
nah, fake heat teach and attachment. Considering buying some more nonnative pants, but shit is sold out everywheree
post #34845 of 98855
the 3/4 is attachment right? looks good. perfect scoop/u neck.

did you pick up the vest too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts