smoked for 15 years, quit, still think about them lovely white death sticks errryday.... I don't care about smokers. I don't care they smoke. I don't care if I walk out of a building and there are a group of people exhaling smoke. It just reminds me I don't want to be one of them anymore (.08)
I just don't like going to the (now very few bars) that allow you to smoke - cigars, especially. The morning after smell is pretty gross.
random fashion thougt: wtf are these blanc & noir guys springing up who look the same as w+h and are also 'factured in BC. meh. I did email someone and they confirmed they're not affiliated in any way, and B&N fit's larger and more "traditional" than w+h. So I knocked them off the interest list. The shorts on Roden look decent though. But alas waist size only goes down to 30. Don't expensive designers and retailers know a solid chunk of their niche are skinny.
this are sick, i actually just picked up some blue/white paisley fabric last week for a follow-up pair to those other chino's I had lined. Totally wishing I got something with some more color though now...
those Publish chinos with the paisley lining. So sick! Sad as hell they only go as low as 30 waist.
I'm in love with those. Really the biggest trouble this spring is not buying paisley/floral everything. I just bought a bunch of these scarves cut from silk saris and a 6'x3' indian wedding shawl, not sure how much more complex organic patterning I need.
I think you're picking up on criticism that wasn't actually there dog. No one really hates on your clothes anymore.
I like you and I know for fact you're a smart dude, but with all due respect, M_R, I do believe the crisitism was there....under a very thin veil.
Every day I wake with one to three PM's in my box with strangers asking me for W+H sizing advice (for those who don't know, all I wear, 101%, is W+H's and I post a lot in that thread).
To state up front, I like to help people size if they're able to give me the information I need. Also, up front, I normally could really give two fucks about the words "Thank you". I myself am big on "please" and "thank you" (especially with strangers who I am looking for assistance from), but I understand not everyone is as big into such bizarre expressions of gratitude for another's time - maybe it's a cultural thing.
But anway, I wake up with sizing questions every day. About all sorts of shit. I don't sleep well in the mornings, so I normally get up early and make my way into the office around 7:30 while the place is virtually empty. While I drink my first and only cup of coffee of the day, I respond to the PM's in what I consider to be a good deal of depth and address with great insights that hopefully allow people to feel more at ease making relatively large purchases. Like, real, genuine, earnest replies that I probably spend more time on than I should.
The short and fat of this story is after I craft and deliver these eloquently stated sizing guides and advice -- well, maybe 10-15% of the time the stranger will respond with a "thank you". The other 85% don't bother with a return message after they receive the information they sought. What I want to point out is that staggering amount of assholes who frequent this site who don't have the common courtesy to say a simple "thanks" after I help you size a piece with careful attention to the stats you give me. So anyone reading this (there are people active in this thread..), if you are guilty of what I am describing, I just wanted to say "Fuck You" and don't PM me ever again for sizing advice, or anything else for that matter. Those who are not "those people" know who you are and this is not directed at you in any way shape or form.