or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 2276

post #34126 of 99850
Hendrix, if you're going to talk about dietary health, you really should have a reference of the largest dietary health study ever conducted. Most people don't need to have everything spelled out for them. You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote? Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause. It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic. Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy is limited so don't expect my participation.
post #34127 of 99850
parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs
post #34128 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote?
that's because the concept doesn't exist. Prevalence? Incidence? sure. Rate? no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause.
well, being African is a strong indicator for a high likelihood of catching AIDS, what's your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic.
I am very aware of this theory, which is mainly perpetuated by bullshit pseudo-scientists completely mis-understanding the point of epidemiological studies and what they can and cannot imply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy has expired.
I would assume a high tolerance for idiocy considering the literature you quoted.
post #34129 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs

asian cigarettes are indeed much weaker. take, for example, marlboros.

Marlboro Lights in the US = 6 mg tar, 0.5mg nicotine
Marlboro Lights in Korea = 3mg tar, 0.3mg nicotine
post #34130 of 99850
I think SF new groupthink is hating on GATs... l o l
post #34131 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen View Post
I think SF new groupthink is hating on GATs... l o l
I think it's actually just the people who don't like the originals starting to speak up :raises hand: Also, I want this whole fit
post #34132 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1234 View Post
To say something clothing related, my MMM gats have a hole in the heel after fewer than 20 wears, not impressed .

Yeah, the quality of the lining isn't very impresive.
post #34133 of 99850
Japanese people who live the american lifestyle get american cancers: breast, prostate, colon, etc. Stomach cancer is not a concern like it is in asia. This shows that behavior is more important than genetics in cancer formation. Hendrix, please give or link a good rebuttal to the china study if you have one. I'd love to read it.
post #34134 of 99850
alright. what did sf get me for my birthday?
post #34135 of 99850
yo melon don't kopp that guys face, you will get assaulted ugh
post #34136 of 99850
lol at the most recent oki-ni styled by series thing, terrible. also, thoughts on mcqueen poppy flower shirt?
post #34137 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace View Post
yo melon don't kopp that guys face, you will get assaulted ugh
post #34138 of 99850
I like it a lot, reminds me of the Dries paint splatter but this is like bucket spill. Though this may seem stupid for a shirt that loud, I really don't like the red contrast stitching on the front. (if we're talking about the one on SSense? I don't know if there are any other)
post #34139 of 99850
Hey guys, If you've got a few minutes to measure some of your tee shirts, I'd appreciate it if you contributed to my thread. I figure it'd be a good resource if it reaches critical mass, as it were. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234612
post #34140 of 99850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
LOL, stop making shit up. That you are willing to handle smog but feel affected by the smell of cigarettes OUTSIDE means you're either full of shit or have some sort of olfactory defect. You're just looking for a chance to join the common outrage against smokers.

Not making shit up dude, if I'm standing outside waiting for a bus and the dude exhales smoke and I breathe in directly, I certainly feel that a lot more than breathing in smog in the air. Are you really trying to say that if you directly inhale smoke you should feel less affected than the generally polluted air you breathe in 24/7? This is the dumbest thing you've ever said.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts